Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Jan 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #244 of 1,134
To other Blox TM7 owners.  If you think the bass is lacking, try this tweak:  If you have the donut foam pads, put those on first and then the regular foam pads on top.  I tried it and the difference was quite significant.  I'm not sure if it's a better fir for me (I have small ears) or if the better sound is the result of the foam pad essentially being lifted off the earphone surface by the donut pad.  Whatever it is, I'm liking what I hear.  Others please give it a try and report what you hear.

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #246 of 1,134
I got mine today and right out of the box they sound amazing. Very very clear, detailed and surprisingly a stronger bass then the TM7s, excellent sound stage and as of right now I have no complaints from the sound that comes from the ANV3.

But would of been nice if Blox could of made some minor changes to the ear bud shell as they look 100% like the M2C.

My advice don't wait as they are nearly all sold out.

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #249 of 1,134
Quote:
Great review swinsonny
biggrin.gif
...I see on ebay that there is a awesome new one air earbud on sell which cost $90 with a frequency response of 10-45khz :0.....I'm going to get them in two week.

Thanks! I did not really want to bother with the whole physical package and more just the sound and telling people that earbuds are too be taken seriously and this is a great start with the price etc.

Can i have a link to these on ebay your referring too!?

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #251 of 1,134
Quote:
Great review swinsonny
biggrin.gif
...I see on ebay that there is a awesome new one air earbud on sell which cost $90 with a frequency response of 10-45khz :0.....I'm going to get them in two week.

That does look interesting, but often frequency response has little to do with how the earbuds actually sound. For example, I've got a pair of vintage Aiwa HP-D9 earbuds (sold in the early nineties). The frequency response is stated as 5-30 000 Hz, but the bass response is very weak (however highs are amazing and soundstage better than even the TM7 or Sennheiser MX980).
I've also got a pair of Audio Technica CM7, discontinued around 5-6 years ago, and the frequency response is stated as 10-45 000 Hz. The bass response is better than the Aiwas, but not as good as you would expect.
Finally, my pair of Panasonic RP HV 600 has got the worse bass response I've ever heard. There's just about no bass at all and even the bass aenemic Aiwa HP D2 sound like bass monsters compared to the Panasonic earbuds. Still the RP HV 600 have a frequency response @ 8-26 000 HZ.

Anyway, I'm an earbud fanatic and I'm always open to trying new earbuds. Ubiquo is a Korean company and the ES903 modell seems to be pretty good judging by Japanese reviews (I'm only intermediate at Japanese so I don't understand everything).

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #255 of 1,134
I just got the M2C buds last week.  Burned them in for at least 50 hours.  I think I can do a fair comparison between the two now.  I pretty much agree with what was said by other posters.  M2C is a bit more forward and dynamic (fun sounding) than TM7, which is more of a reference neutral sound.  I keep switching back and forth between the two and it's hard for me to choose one over the other, but I think I would choose TM7 if I had to live with only one.  However, I don't think the price difference is justified based on SQ.  The M2C are too enjoyable to justify 4x the price for the TM7.  I'm wondering how the ANV3 would fit between the M2C and TM7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back