Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Jan 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #231 of 1,134
Sorry for the wait.

I am at a swimming meet all weekend away from home so can only type on my phone so nothing huge.

I guess the build quality even with what you guys have said come as a shock. I open the DHL package and there is what could pass as a 50p earbud inside. Hmmm... Okay.... The cable reminds me of what the FAD IEMs come with and I likened them to a pound shop earphone. It feels weak and tacky. The build has certainly worried me already.

So I stuck them in my hifi et ma9 and stick a nice orchestral WAV file on. Woah, where have earbuds been all my life. The soundstage really is something amazing, so airy and expansive with great depth and honest imagery. Bass response is obviously rather weak and lacks serious sub bass and decay. The rest is very nice, rather neutral and tad sibilant in the trebles. They were right up my street sound wise on first listening and I can't wait to try them with the other gear I have.

The listening session was a two hour journey and mine were pre burned in by Blox.

Jan 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #233 of 1,134
Quote:
Sorry for the wait.

I am at a swimming meet all weekend away from home so can only type on my phone so nothing huge.

I guess the build quality even with what you guys have said come as a shock. I open the DHL package and there is what could pass as a 50p earbud inside. Hmmm... Okay.... The cable reminds me of what the FAD IEMs come with and I likened them to a pound shop earphone. It feels weak and tacky. The build has certainly worried me already.

So I stuck them in my hifi et ma9 and stick a nice orchestral WAV file on. Woah, where have earbuds been all my life. The soundstage really is something amazing, so airy and expansive with great depth and honest imagery. Bass response is obviously rather weak and lacks serious sub bass and decay. The rest is very nice, rather neutral and tad sibilant in the trebles. They were right up my street sound wise on first listening and I can't wait to try them with the other gear I have.

The listening session was a two hour journey and mine were pre burned in by Blox.

Thanks for the impression Swimsonny.  Sound good, but the cable issue is worrying me for $70.  If it's as bad as you say, I might want to cancel it and just go with the M2C's if they sound similar (hopefully for $28.00 if I can get four others to go in on it) ---- I hope someone that can compared the two can also post their impression and a comparison soon. 

They can delay shipping mine out all they want for now! 
biggrin.gif
  I'll be looking forward to a comparison!

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #236 of 1,134
It may have been the noisy family car that did not help with sub bass, a quiet enviroment is needed really. Also I spoke to Woo and this cable is not meant to harden and I was told it looks cheaper but better quality than m2c one. It is tpe cable.

Jan 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #239 of 1,134
i sent this to woo but some more impressions from me:

[size=medium]After spending many hours today with them I was wrong in saying anything about the build because I could not care less what they look like and how well they are made. They should be look after yes but there sound is just so good the other factors disappear.[/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]The sub bass is deep and honest, beautifully textured and well in line with a fast punchy mid bass. The mids are lush and detailed and the treble having just the right amount of sparkle. Then you have this beautiful open soundstage that as you said IEMs can not match and I have the very best dynamic and BA universal and some top tier Customs.[/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]For the price these are outstanding. I was laying in the hotel room with them for hours in bliss. The family are asleep and everything dead quiet. My Heir Audio 4.Ai (4BA $400 universal IEM) and Lear LCM-5 (5BA $900 custom IEM) have not left there cases since I have left home on Friday afternoon (its now nearly Sunday in the UK) and I do not feel like reaching for the IEMs.[/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]I have a feeling that my review may change the view of earbuds for a lot of people because it certainly has me.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back