Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Aug 26, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #706 of 1,134
The left side cable of my beloved Blox M2C has split at the entry point into the earbud. I tried to recable (like i used to on several occasions for my Sony earbud). Unfortunately i completely destroyed the driver while trying to open the earbud. Does anyone know if the cable on the new Blox line-ups (BE5,etc) are better. I would probably hit the buy button for the BE3 as soon as we get to know how it compares to the M2C.

I don't remember very well about M2C's cable, think it's very plasticy? The cable on both BE5 and BE7 have a rubbery feel, more flexible. Personally I think it is an improvement over the hard plastic cable on TM5.

Sep 4, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #709 of 1,134
I haven't had a lot of time with them but I'm enjoying them. They are definitely different to the M2C. The bass on BE3 is nicer whereas M2C had this strange hollowness to it. Conversely that made them sound wider but the BE3 have better placement. 

Sep 4, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #711 of 1,134
I simply love the BE3 - Much more so than the BE5. Bass is strong with good impact, mids is more fluid and warmer than that of the BE5, soundstage is amazing for a 30USD earbud.

To me the BE5 is a little thin on the midrange, which turned me off a little.

Amazing how Blox can keep churning out earbuds with staging this wide.

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #713 of 1,134
I'm listening to the Naturespace app on my iPhone and the soundstage is impressive for an earbud at this price.

I can't agree more!

I know I already have two... But I am going to order another few more. For friends and family and some to keep.
Woo did mention they will do their best to keep the BE series in production for as long as possible, though their inventory likely will last them till 2nd quarter of next year. Who knows what surprises will they bring next. :)

Sep 5, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #716 of 1,134
@snarfarlarkus - Personally, IMHO, yes. Something just doesn't sound quite right on the BE5.
And the BE3 is only 30USD! Totally annihilates the Yuin PK3 (which costs more).

Wow... The BE5 is the best earbud I have heard to date and I have heard many including the PK2 and PK3. And now you're saying the BE3 is better? Wow that says a lot haha. What about the BE7?

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #717 of 1,134
Wow... The BE5 is the best earbud I have heard to date and I have heard many including the PK2 and PK3. And now you're saying the BE3 is better? Wow that says a lot haha. What about the BE7?

The thing with the BE5 is that I find the mids too lean, which affects the overall listening experience for me. The BE3 in this regard is more balanced (tonality wise), with less "faults" - IMHO.
Sorry, didn't quite liked the PK2 eventhough I have a pair, as it was too coloured (the warm presentation... Is just... There. All the time). I enjoyed the PK3, but the BE3 is simply more refined overall. Think the BE3 as a "larger" Yuin PK3.

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #719 of 1,134
Ok, you all convinced me. Just bought a pair of the Blox BE3! Can't wait!

I can now compare these to all my other earbuds I own or have owned.

My current rankings:

Awei ES10 > Blue Ever Blue 328R > Dasetn PK3 DIY > Dasetn MC5 > Tingo TG-38s > Dasetn PK2 DIY > Dasetn AP8 DIY

Yes you read that correctly. My $4.50 pair of Awei ES10 are my favorite pair. REALLY love them.

I also have the Dasetn M760 on order and hopefully they will be arriving soon. Though I am MUCH MORE excited about the BE3! I'll have to update my list when they both arrive.

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #720 of 1,134
Hmmm might order a pair of BE3, hard to resist for such a low price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back