Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Jul 23, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #679 of 1,134
Received the BE7 today.

Initial impression vs BE5 is that the BE7 is more dynamic and energetic vs mellow and warm of the BE5.

BE5 has more bass. Both mid-bass and low bass. Treble is laid back and smooth.

BE7 on first listen (with the Yurbuds Enhancer) is not as warm and thick but has quick bass punch. It has more clarity and still manages to be sibilant-free. I don't notice it reaching as low as BE5 but we'll see after a week.

It came with a pair of foam covers and a chin slider/cinch made out of plastic braid, which was way more than the BE5 package.

I notice I have to bring the volume higher to get the more enjoyable sound from the BE7. Low volumes do not work in the BE7's favor...

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #680 of 1,134
any comparison of the BE7 with the MX985 and Dasetn M760?

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #684 of 1,134
  Any new impressions on the Blox BE7?

after 50+ hours of playing/burn-in, I find the sound an improvement over the BE5.

I listen with Yurbuds enhancers because they are comfortable and help keep them stay on.

BE7 bass is a bit less than BE5 but extends down low. The difference is that there is no mid bass bloat on BE7 so the music sounds less congested in the vocals. Highs are very nice. No sibilance whatsoever.

Each note on the BE7 has a nice impact/dynamics which gives it plenty of energy; feeling engaged with the music. The BE5 is mellow by comparison.

BE5 is a warm, laid-back and fun sound; very enjoyable
BE7 is a refined sound of the BE5. Nice energy and still enjoyable

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #685 of 1,134
sounds to me that the BE5 is the blox version of the PK1 and BE7 the OK1.
biggrin.gif
 Does the BE7 have a wide and deep soundstage? How about instrument separation? I think these two if done correctly can make music sound more open, less congested and very natural which makes it easy on the ears but still quite enjoyable.

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #687 of 1,134
Thanks for the be5 impression. To bad however that the be5 are now sold out. Maybe they will be back, or I just wait for the new flagship earbud from Blox.

Both be5 and be7 are sold out so maybe this basically means that the new flagship will be out?

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #688 of 1,134
BE5 is tuned more for the vocals, they have a sweet sound to it like SWD2. BE7 is neutral, dense, almost monitor speaker like, noticeably better technically, instruments are detailed and separated. BE7 is very good with complex and orchestral music. It is first earbud I have had that can make you feel you can hear instruments playing together while still maintaining a high level of micro-detail of each instrument therefore truly orchestral in that sense.

Originally Posted by jrazmar 
  any comparison of the BE7 with the MX985 and Dasetn M760?

Comparing to BE5, MX985 has a more even although brighter mids, better speed, a very distilled sound but instruments tend to stick together by some kind dark fluid (due to problem with dynamics or positioning I guess), this is only very noticeable when listening orchestral music, otherwise a very good buds. BE5 sound more like a headphone, fuller sounding with a developing bass although not as distilled sounding as MX985. BE7 is better than both across the board although in terms of pure speed (density of sound aside), MX985 might be still better, they just sound very distilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back