Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jan 19, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #5,206 of 6,129
Jan 19, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #5,207 of 6,129
So I'm pretty new to this hobby and I ordered the BL03 a week ago without realizing the BL01 exists. Apparently the BL01 is both cheaper and better than the older BL03? darn.

You'll not get the timbre of the BL03 anywhere else. Plenty of IEMs are "better" but none have the "magic".

Anyway, as you're new to the hobby, it gives you an excuse to try the BL01, and then the BL05S and then a few KZs, maybe a TRN or too, and oh what about the Tin Hifi stuff and... Welcome to the rabbit hole, enjoy being poor.

Jan 19, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #5,208 of 6,129
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I've also ordered the KZ DQ6 and the CCA C10. I'm going to wait till I try them out first before going further into the rabbit hole. :)

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #5,211 of 6,129
Hello, for games which do you recommend ??? the Bl01 or the Bl03 ??? I would use them in Ps vita, Switch
I would not recommend either of them for games. I would suggest the Final Audio E500 instead.

Jan 19, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #5,212 of 6,129
You'll not get the timbre of the BL03 anywhere else. Plenty of IEMs are "better" but none have the "magic".

Anyway, as you're new to the hobby, it gives you an excuse to try the BL01, and then the BL05S and then a few KZs, maybe a TRN or too, and oh what about the Tin Hifi stuff and... Welcome to the rabbit hole, enjoy being poor.
Final E500 or E3000 are actually good candidates for that BL-03 like timbre. The E500 is the most refined and neutral, while E3000 signature is as the Blon but with more lower-mids, less upper-mids and less treble. Slightly more refined than the Blon in stock form, but with less natural timbre, and not as refined as the E500.

My modded E500, is as refined in the mids and highs as my Senn HD650, but with less authentic timbre. I tried out the E4000 as well, didn’t like it because there was a peak at the lower treble that didn’t go away after burn-in and modding.

Yes, price has no saying with these IEMs lol.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #5,213 of 6,129
Hello, for games which do you recommend ??? the Bl01 or the Bl03 ??? I would use them in Ps vita, Switch

Samsung AKG that came with the S10 phone if you can find an original pair. Easy to drive, good sound balance, big bass, better details and best soundstage. Found them better than both Blons or Final. If you want only one pair for both music and games, get the 03. Best for music and easier to drive for Switch with good details

Jan 19, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #5,214 of 6,129
Lot of people here familiar with the chifi thing. What would be the best sub 100$ iem for you guys, or sub 150$... Fiio FH3 maybe? I need something neutral, but then with a bit of bass bum, simple outside, black or similar, not shiny, with good fit. Fit is number 1 thing in IEM... I want a decent daily driver and nothing more than that, I don't want to collect IEM's, noe even headphones. I just want one good daily driver IEM... I thought the 40€ sony were good, now I know they are horrible.

So favourite upgrade from blon 03?

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #5,215 of 6,129
Samsung AKG that came with the S10 phone if you can find an original pair. Easy to drive, good sound balance, big bass, better details and best soundstage. Found them better than both Blons or Final. If you want only one pair for both music and games, get the 03. Best for music and easier to drive for Switch with good details
I have a version of it with a Type-C connector and a built-in DAC. They sound alright but don't have other IEMs to compare. I'm guessing the ones with the 3.5mm connector is better?

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #5,216 of 6,129
Lot of people here familiar with the chifi thing. What would be the best sub 100$ iem for you guys, or sub 150$... Fiio FH3 maybe? I need something neutral, but then with a bit of bass bum, simple outside, black or similar, not shiny, with good fit. Fit is number 1 thing in IEM... I want a decent daily driver and nothing more than that, I don't want to collect IEM's, noe even headphones. I just want one good daily driver IEM... I thought the 40€ sony were good, now I know they are horrible.

I believe it's kbear believe is what your looking for.

Jan 19, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #5,217 of 6,129
Nice review. I find they fit my ears better than the 03, but I have large ear cavities. I use extra large tips, and a spacer mod. I like both of them, they have both earned an 8 core cable. I'm guessing you have smaller ears? I have to use flip tips on the 03 to get a decent seal due to the short nozzles.
I guess that's the criteria for getting a fit with the BL01s. The BL03s fit my ear very well after using the Sony MH755 eartips. They do a great job at "extending" the ridiculously short nozzle!

Jan 20, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #5,218 of 6,129

Moondrop SSP

Jan 20, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #5,219 of 6,129
So I'm pretty new to this hobby and I ordered the BL03 a week ago without realizing the BL01 exists. Apparently the BL01 is both cheaper and better than the older BL03? darn.
I wouldn't say the 01 is better; just a bit different than the 03. I have both and the 03 sounds better to me overall than 01. I was a late adopter of the 03 (only got mine late last year in October). All the comments on this thread with regard to fit scared me away. I finally took a chance and scored a set through a trade for my unopened Urbanfun ISS014. I immediately changed the cable to a balanced 2.5mm KBEAR Rhyme and cut one of the supplied silicon tips' stems to add length to the short nozzles. I then put my favorite Newbee foam tips on them and the results were better than I ever expected. The 03, with these simple mods, were amazing and made me want to try the 01, which I bought for $21 Canadian. The 01 sounds good too, but for me, the fit of the 03 is better than anything else I currently own. Plus, I really do like the way the 03 sounds more natural to my ears. That's just my opinion though. We all have different sized ears, different preferences for what we like in sound, etc...so YMMV. Biggest issue that many have had with the 03 is the fit and the cable. Once you get these 2 issues sorted out, this iem is worthy of all the praise it has received.

Jan 20, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #5,220 of 6,129
I wouldn't say the 01 is better; just a bit different than the 03. I have both and the 03 sounds better to me overall than 01. I was a late adopter of the 03 (only got mine late last year in October). All the comments on this thread with regard to fit scared me away. I finally took a chance and scored a set through a trade for my unopened Urbanfun ISS014. I immediately changed the cable to a balanced 2.5mm KBEAR Rhyme and cut one of the supplied silicon tips' stems to add length to the short nozzles. I then put my favorite Newbee foam tips on them and the results were better than I ever expected. The 03, with these simple mods, were amazing and made me want to try the 01, which I bought for $21 Canadian. The 01 sounds good too, but for me, the fit of the 03 is better than anything else I currently own. Plus, I really do like the way the 03 sounds more natural to my ears. That's just my opinion though. We all have different sized ears, different preferences for what we like in sound, etc...so YMMV. Biggest issue that many have had with the 03 is the fit and the cable. Once you get these 2 issues sorted out, this iem is worthy of all the praise it has received.

I received bl-01 this week and also prefer bl-03 over bl-01, bl-01 has grainy extended highs for my ears, they sound very clear and controlled but I prefer the warm and natural sound of bl-03, just my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back