Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jan 18, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #5,191 of 6,129
I tried that with the 03 and it didn't work, but that's a good suggestion, I haven't tried with the 01 yet. Thanks.

You have to switch sides when you do that, and also use a non-stock cable (a 3rd party cable that has no ear hooks and also has straight plugs).

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #5,193 of 6,129
Hey! we just did a review on the BLON 01 @ https://www.perrivanaudio.com/post/blon-bl-01-review!!!
Nice review. I find they fit my ears better than the 03, but I have large ear cavities. I use extra large tips, and a spacer mod. I like both of them, they have both earned an 8 core cable. I'm guessing you have smaller ears? I have to use flip tips on the 03 to get a decent seal due to the short nozzles.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #5,194 of 6,129
Hey! we just did a review on the BLON 01 @ https://www.perrivanaudio.com/post/blon-bl-01-review!!!

They fit me perfectly with a set of Xlastec L tips and there is absolutely no feeling that they would fall out. I also don’t find them as V shaped as your review does, actualy I find them fairly even and very musical but clearly not very technical or analytical. I would not have felt cheated had I paid closer to $100 for them rather than $22 including shipping to Denmark

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #5,195 of 6,129
Nice review. I find they fit my ears better than the 03, but I have large ear cavities. I use extra large tips, and a spacer mod. I like both of them, they have both earned an 8 core cable. I'm guessing you have smaller ears? I have to use flip tips on the 03 to get a decent seal due to the short nozzles.
But which of the two has sweeter bass?

Jan 18, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #5,196 of 6,129
But which of the two has sweeter bass?
Tricky one. Depends what I'm listening too. If I'm listening to goth or dark wave, I'll go with the 03. indie rock the 01. I think the bass decay is slightly quicker when amped. So for example if I'm listening to Simon Gallup on bass guitar, I want plenty of reverb, so the 03 is better.

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #5,197 of 6,129
You have to switch sides when you do that, and also use a non-stock cable (a 3rd party cable that has no ear hooks and also has straight plugs).

Yes, that is how I tried the 03, with a non-stock, balanced cable, no ear hooks, and reversed sides, and still had no luck. I will try later today with the 01 and see if the slightly different shape helps, although I'm not going to get my hopes up - not only do I never have luck with cable down earphones, I much prefer cable up, in general. I'm really puzzled as to why the shape of these IEMs is so particularly bad for me. I really do attribute it to the overly short nozzle.

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #5,198 of 6,129
Yes, that is how I tried the 03, with a non-stock, balanced cable, no ear hooks, and reversed sides, and still had no luck. I will try later today with the 01 and see if the slightly different shape helps, although I'm not going to get my hopes up - not only do I never have luck with cable down earphones, I much prefer cable up, in general. I'm really puzzled as to why the shape of these IEMs is so particularly bad for me. I really do attribute it to the overly short nozzle.

No man, they are not bad for you, they are bad for everyone. The fit is awful. They do work much better with cables up, with cables down not really decent fit, at all.
Sound quality, they cost 25€ shipped, sound so so so much better than a 40€ sony. The sony now sound as if they are 3€, or less, and the blon, when they fit... they sound so much better. So the blon gives trust on the iem sound potential, but boy, they fit so bad. Mine leave always the eartips inside my ears... I really hate them, they are sueless.

I wonder if 140$ for the Fiio FH3 would be worth it, in fit, and worth it in sound upgrade...

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #5,199 of 6,129

I did all that, they fit worse that with cables up. Cables up is ok, acceptable, the one you mention, sounds great on paper, but on reality, not really.

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #5,200 of 6,129
No man, they are not bad for you, they are bad for everyone. The fit is awful. They do work much better with cables up, with cables down not really decent fit, at all.
Sound quality, they cost 25€ shipped, sound so so so much better than a 40€ sony. The sony now sound as if they are 3€, or less, and the blon, when they fit... they sound so much better. So the blon gives trust on the iem sound potential, but boy, they fit so bad. Mine leave always the eartips inside my ears... I really hate them, they are sueless.

I wonder if 140$ for the Fiio FH3 would be worth it, in fit, and worth it in sound upgrade...
What tips are you using? Azla sedna tips are usually a good way to help with the fit and they grip the nozzle very tightly so it shouldnt get stuck in your ears or fall of.

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #5,201 of 6,129
What tips are you using? Azla sedna tips are usually a good way to help with the fit and they grip the nozzle very tightly so it shouldnt get stuck in your ears or fall of.

Yep, agreed. Sednas or Sony Hybrids all the way with these.

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #5,202 of 6,129
So I'm pretty new to this hobby and I ordered the BL03 a week ago without realizing the BL01 exists. Apparently the BL01 is both cheaper and better than the older BL03? darn.

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #5,204 of 6,129
So I'm pretty new to this hobby and I ordered the BL03 a week ago without realizing the BL01 exists. Apparently the BL01 is both cheaper and better than the older BL03? darn.
It isnt better in my opinion. But that is with the mesh mod and i cant comment on the stock 03.

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #5,205 of 6,129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back