Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jan 14, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #5,161 of 6,129
My Blon Bl03 finally came!! was supposed to come in 31st December, just got delivered today 14th January. lol
Shipping delays aside, this is hands down the best set I've ever owned. Although more bassy then my previous sets, which were more neutral, it still is fun AF!
And the biggest tips fits me like a glove, except for my right ear, which i had to swap for my favourite tips from a cheap MI basic earphones.IMG20210114164359.jpgIMG20210114163516.jpg

Try the spacer mod and fliptips. For me the spacer mods is a must for BL03.
However, no matter what mods it's still slip when shaking head. 😂
Classic.

Jan 14, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #5,162 of 6,129
Classic.
Done did the spacer mod within the first 15 minutes of ownership, even did some tip rolling.
The funny thing is everything fits in my left ear, right ear be like *** that s**t, only 1 tip fits and foam.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #5,163 of 6,129
Done did the spacer mod within the first 15 minutes of ownership, even did some tip rolling.
The funny thing is everything fits in my left ear, right ear be like *** that s**t, only 1 tip fits and foam.

Short nozzle are nightmare to fit. It can't prop well the eartips inside ear canal and resulting earpiece to move.

That's why even though i love how the BL03 sounds, never want to buy another new one since mine broken.

Jan 14, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #5,164 of 6,129
oWr4xkFm.jpg

iE0wLJ6m.jpg

Not an engineer, but...

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #5,165 of 6,129
Classic.
I managed to get a VERY good seal (to the point of getting my ears pressurized) with some 14mm mushroom style eartips. Didn't even require a spacer mod to do it, although I did order an aftermarket cable for it as well.

I think inverting the stock eartips work very well, but I can't confirm since I can't find them currently... Wonder how the flipped stock fare against Sednaearfits.

Edit: I can even HEADBANG and they won't come off. So if this is not proof that the right eartips can go a long way in terms of fit. I don't know what is!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #5,166 of 6,129
Man, do we have a lot to choose from in the budget chi-fi space, and add the Blon BL-01 to that list. Wow, didn’t think Blon could do it again but they did, producing another IEM with great timbre and naturalness. I’m snowbirding it’s down south so I don’t have my whole inventory to compare, and the 03 I have with me is naked, without wax guard, so it’s hotter than stock, but stock for stock, I feel the 01 splits the difference between the stock 03 and 05S as far as mid bass goes, with the 03 having the heaviest while the 05S having the lighter and speedier mid bass. But I have to admit, I love them all, with the 01 being the most versatile. I also have the Kbear Lark which is another excellent budget choice but the digitalness of the balanced armature rears it’s ugly head once in a while. The Blon 01 renders drum, cymbals and other percussion work with a deft detail and natural decay that is hard to match with a budget hybrid IEM. I also enjoy the midrange of the 01 the most of the Blons, again providing a delicious analog flavor where most of the music is, in the middle. I find the fit of the 01 the best as it stays in place all night without adjusting. It also doesn’t seem to benefit as much as the others in balanced mode, which I like because battery life really takes a hit on the Qudelix 5K in balanced mode. The 05S is the master of complex prog rock, with a driver that seems speedier than the others to help keep the instruments separated, and it really seems to respond to balanced mode nicely. But honestly I like them all and am happy that price wise they are affordable enough to have a few in the stable to choose from.

34CCE255-0A50-4C0C-802B-DEA959407231.jpeg

Jan 15, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #5,168 of 6,129
I managed to get a VERY good seal (to the point of getting my ears pressurized) with some 14mm mushroom style eartips. Didn't even require a spacer mod to do it, although I did order an aftermarket cable for it as well.

I think inverting the stock eartips work very well, but I can't confirm since I can't find them currently... Wonder how the flipped stock fare against Sednaearfits.

Edit: I can even HEADBANG and they won't come off. So if this is not proof that the right eartips can go a long way in terms of fit. I don't know what is!

I have been having similar fit issues. May I ask, what are the exact mushroom style tips that you found? If you have a link, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance!
-TKB

Jan 15, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #5,169 of 6,129
I have been having similar fit issues. May I ask, what are the exact mushroom style tips that you found? If you have a link, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance!
-TKB
Unfortunately. These were a gift, and for all I know they are the stock tips of some unknown IEMs. That being said it may be worth paying attention to the overall shape of them as shown here
IMG_20210115_132503.jpg

Notice how it's already at its maximum radius somewhere in the middle unlike something like the Final E-type where it maximum radius is at the bottom.

I've heard also that the aforementioned AZLA Sednaearfits are also great for getting seal with shallow insertion, but I haven't bought them... Yet.

Alternatively if you still have the stock tips around. It's definitely worth trying them while flipped. Slater can explain this one better than me.

https://www.amazon.com/8809456020301-SednaEarfitLight-2-pares/dp/B083XNV359?

These are the Sednaearfit Light. The more flexible variant.

I wonder if anyone else knows about more eartips suited for shallow insertion.

Jan 15, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #5,172 of 6,129
Unfortunately. These were a gift, and for all I know they are the stock tips of some unknown IEMs. That being said it may be worth paying attention to the overall shape of them as shown hereIMG_20210115_132503.jpg

Notice how it's already at its maximum radius somewhere in the middle unlike something like the Final E-type where it maximum radius is at the bottom.

I've heard also that the aforementioned AZLA Sednaearfits are also great for getting seal with shallow insertion, but I haven't bought them... Yet.

Alternatively if you still have the stock tips around. It's definitely worth trying them while flipped. Slater can explain this one better than me.

https://www.amazon.com/8809456020301-SednaEarfitLight-2-pares/dp/B083XNV359?

These are the Sednaearfit Light. The more flexible variant.

I wonder if anyone else knows about more eartips suited for shallow insertion.

You must try SednaEarfit. For BL03, i'm using the standard or light version (not the short) for perfect shallow fit. Spacer mod isn't required with this one.

Imo, wide bore eartips help the BL03 to make them sounds less muddy, open and beter nuances. And then it will become more enjoyable.

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #5,173 of 6,129
You must try SednaEarfit. For BL03, i'm using the standard or light version (not the short) for perfect shallow fit. Spacer mod isn't required with this one.

Imo, wide bore eartips help the BL03 to make them sounds less muddy, open and beter nuances. And then it will become more enjoyable.
You say must, but the only benefit would be higher build quality over the ones i have, specially more rigid stems.

That being said for how good the shown eartips are at fit, the are about as flimsy as they look, they're also wide bore (5mm give or take) which isn't immediately obvious.

So I can only wonder if the SednaEarfit is worth buying just for the build quality alone.

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #5,174 of 6,129
You say must, but the only benefit would be higher build quality over the ones i have, specially more rigid stems.

That being said for how good the shown eartips are at fit, the are about as flimsy as they look, they're also wide bore (5mm give or take) which isn't immediately obvious.

So I can only wonder if the SednaEarfit is worth buying just for the build quality alone.

Well, recommended eartips are always nice to have if you are collecting iems. It made easier tip-rolling ritual.

Jan 16, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #5,175 of 6,129
Man, do we have a lot to choose from in the budget chi-fi space, and add the Blon BL-01 to that list. Wow, didn’t think Blon could do it again but they did, producing another IEM with great timbre and naturalness. I’m snowbirding it’s down south so I don’t have my whole inventory to compare, and the 03 I have with me is naked, without wax guard, so it’s hotter than stock, but stock for stock, I feel the 01 splits the difference between the stock 03 and 05S as far as mid bass goes, with the 03 having the heaviest while the 05S having the lighter and speedier mid bass. But I have to admit, I love them all, with the 01 being the most versatile. I also have the Kbear Lark which is another excellent budget choice but the digitalness of the balanced armature rears it’s ugly head once in a while. The Blon 01 renders drum, cymbals and other percussion work with a deft detail and natural decay that is hard to match with a budget hybrid IEM. I also enjoy the midrange of the 01 the most of the Blons, again providing a delicious analog flavor where most of the music is, in the middle. I find the fit of the 01 the best as it stays in place all night without adjusting. It also doesn’t seem to benefit as much as the others in balanced mode, which I like because battery life really takes a hit on the Qudelix 5K in balanced mode. The 05S is the master of complex prog rock, with a driver that seems speedier than the others to help keep the instruments separated, and it really seems to respond to balanced mode nicely. But honestly I like them all and am happy that price wise they are affordable enough to have a few in the stable to choose from.

What is the red-white cable ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back