Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jan 10, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #5,146 of 6,129
The sound of the bl-05 confuses me too. I think it's the lack of slam on drums. It is slightly better with taped nozzles and foams. Or a lot of eq. Like @Slater said it sounds completely different.

Jan 10, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #5,147 of 6,129
The sound of the bl-05 confuses me too. I think it's the lack of slam on drums. It is slightly better with taped nozzles and foams. Or a lot of eq. Like @Slater said it sounds completely different.

I agree about the lack of slam on the BL-05 and the upper mids are a bit to much for me but they help fix it with the BL-05s but the colour puts people off but I don't mind it.

The BL-05s has the best instrument separation and technicalities of them all and wonder what they will put out next?

Jan 10, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #5,148 of 6,129
I really like the sound of the Blon-T1 (?) which is discontinued. They do have a new T3 model out now. The T3 looks like an earbud but is an iem.

Why little talk about the T3?

Are all Blons worth buying? I'll pass on the 05's due to price. How are the 03S?

Jan 10, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #5,149 of 6,129
I really like the sound of the Blon-T1 (?) which is discontinued. They do have a new T3 model out now. The T3 looks like an earbud but is an iem.

Are all Blons worth buying? I'll pass on the 05's due to price. How are the 03S?

There is no 03S. There’s an 03, an 05, and an 05S. No 03S.

Jan 10, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #5,151 of 6,129
The purple 03 has a different designation...

I asked a few Aliexpress shops, they claim the Purple BLON BL-03 is the same as the normal BL-03 internally. Just different coat of paint. Probably any differences anyone hears in their sound could be down to unit variance (ie QC).

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #5,152 of 6,129
1610345323720.png

I think someone from Audioreviews could show me their version? But here is it courtesy of Banbeucmas' graph comparison tool. All the BLON IEM in current production.. except for the BL-T3... Or I think you can still buy it anyway.

... I wonder what I can recommend to the rest of my family should they'd be interested in one of these. I know my sister had her mind blown by my BL-03 before she shipped it to me.

That being said, besides her, I only know a cousin who regularly uses IEMs... usually whatever IEM his new cellphone includes.

Do I wanna recommend her the BL-05s assuming she doesn't mind stretching the budget and the BL-01 to my cousin as a step above his freebies?

As for drivability I reckon my cousin's cellphone doesn't have a jack, so either going wireless or using a USB-C dongle would be a must anyway.

I'd also like to try a TinHiFi T2 but I'm too broke to even buy that currently.

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #5,153 of 6,129

I think someone from Audioreviews could show me their version? But here is it courtesy of Banbeucmas' graph comparison tool. All the BLON IEM in current production.. except for the BL-T3... Or I think you can still buy it anyway.

... I wonder what I can recommend to the rest of my family should they'd be interested in one of these. I know my sister had her mind blown by my BL-03 before she shipped it to me.

That being said, besides her, I only know a cousin who regularly uses IEMs... usually whatever IEM his new cellphone includes.

Do I wanna recommend her the BL-05s assuming she doesn't mind stretching the budget and the BL-01 to my cousin as a step above his freebies?

As for drivability I reckon my cousin's cellphone doesn't have a jack, so either going wireless or using a USB-C dongle would be a must anyway.

I'd also like to try a TinHiFi T2 but I'm too broke to even buy that currently.

I have all these BLONs and I think the graphs above do correspond to what I'm hearing.

BLON BL-05S is probably the most technical and most balanced of the lot. BLON BL-05S is meh from a smartphone, amping lets it scale quite a lot. It is also the most pricey BLON IEM of the above in your list, so something to take into consideration. Though one can argue that the BLON BL-03 and BL-01 may need aftermarket eartips and cables due to the poor fit for some, so adding these in may make it cost the same (if not more) than the BL-05S. BL-05S is quite okay in fit OOTB, but I would think quite a few users may not wanna use it cause of the garish green colour. At least for me, the BLON BL-05S fixes the bass bloat of the BL-03 and the shoutiness of the BL-05 (non S). It has the best soundstage, details, imaging and instrumentation of the BLON IEMs.

BLON BL-05 (non S) is not talked about much now, it has been superceded by the BL-05S. The BL-05 (non S) is too shouty in the upper mids region and reviews about it are lukewarm at best. Fit is good, and bass is tight, but unless u EQ or do micropore mods, I wouldn't recommend it.

The BLON BL-03 has great timbre and tonality, but fit is an issue as above. Plus it isn't the best in technicalities and the midbass has bad bloat. But it is a unique classic set that opened our eyes to what a sub $30 USD CHIFI can do. Some folks do a mesh mod to make it sound brighter and better in technicalities. Very good price to performance ratio.

BLON BL-01 is a marginal upgrade over the BL-03, it has a faster and tighter bass, slightly better technicalities (but still not the best in this area). BLON BL-01 may need aftermarket tips too for fit issues. BLON BL-01 isn't as warm or analoguish sounding as the BL-03. Amping is very necessary in the BLON BL-01 to sound good. It is the cheapest of these BLONs discussed here, so very good price to performance ratio, though it ain't a giant killer for me due it not being the best in technicalities. A good set to chill back and relax.

For recommending the above BLONs to newcomers, I personally won't recommend the BL-03 due to fit issues, neither would I recommend the BL-01 cause it needs amping. The BL-05 (non S) is too shouty and fatiguing, and perhaps the BL-05S is probably the only one I would recommend, assuming they ain't put off by the colour. I have given a few BLON BL-03 to family as gifts, but I always included longer aftermarket nozzle eartips just in case, preempting a fit problem for them (most laymen won't know about tip rolling).

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #5,154 of 6,129
Some folks do a mesh mod to make it sound brighter and better in technicalities

Well, mine has what I can only assume is rolled cotton as shown 2 pages ago but maybe is not doing the best job since my current EQ looks like this in a graph.
1610359065366.png

But if I make it any thicker, It'll leave no hole in the middle and kill the subbass. And it's already as tall as the nozzle itself so making it taller is out of question.

As for my sister, I think she can afford the BL-05s just fine.

... I also wonder if my hearing is weird.

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #5,155 of 6,129
The purple 03 has a different designation...

Don't forget about the 01... I just read someone say that it's the best budget iem of 2020.

Purple color has the same number, just different color.

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #5,156 of 6,129
I have all these BLONs and I think the graphs above do correspond to what I'm hearing.

BLON BL-05S is probably the most technical and most balanced of the lot. BLON BL-05S is meh from a smartphone, amping lets it scale quite a lot. It is also the most pricey BLON IEM of the above in your list, so something to take into consideration. Though one can argue that the BLON BL-03 and BL-01 may need aftermarket eartips and cables due to the poor fit for some, so adding these in may make it cost the same (if not more) than the BL-05S. BL-05S is quite okay in fit OOTB, but I would think quite a few users may not wanna use it cause of the garish green colour. At least for me, the BLON BL-05S fixes the bass bloat of the BL-03 and the shoutiness of the BL-05 (non S). It has the best soundstage, details, imaging and instrumentation of the BLON IEMs.

BLON BL-05 (non S) is not talked about much now, it has been superceded by the BL-05S. The BL-05 (non S) is too shouty in the upper mids region and reviews about it are lukewarm at best. Fit is good, and bass is tight, but unless u EQ or do micropore mods, I wouldn't recommend it.

The BLON BL-03 has great timbre and tonality, but fit is an issue as above. Plus it isn't the best in technicalities and the midbass has bad bloat. But it is a unique classic set that opened our eyes to what a sub $30 USD CHIFI can do. Some folks do a mesh mod to make it sound brighter and better in technicalities. Very good price to performance ratio.

BLON BL-01 is a marginal upgrade over the BL-03, it has a faster and tighter bass, slightly better technicalities (but still not the best in this area). BLON BL-01 may need aftermarket tips too for fit issues. BLON BL-01 isn't as warm or analoguish sounding as the BL-03. Amping is very necessary in the BLON BL-01 to sound good. It is the cheapest of these BLONs discussed here, so very good price to performance ratio, though it ain't a giant killer for me due it not being the best in technicalities. A good set to chill back and relax.

For recommending the above BLONs to newcomers, I personally won't recommend the BL-03 due to fit issues, neither would I recommend the BL-01 cause it needs amping. The BL-05 (non S) is too shouty and fatiguing, and perhaps the BL-05S is probably the only one I would recommend, assuming they ain't put off
Your post made me weary of buying any Blon... I will check out the earbud iem Blon T3 though. :wink:

I recommend others try the T3. The original (I think it was called 01) is incredible with a unique sound sig and warm to boot.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #5,157 of 6,129

T3 is rubbish, that's why. Same externally as the original BL-01, so I bought it wondering if it was the same as I don't have a spare.

It's not. It's not terrible but the KZ EDX does a better job for less money and the Blon BL-01 (the new one) is much much better for not a lot more.

Worth buying - BL-01 (Old or new), BL-03, BL05S
Not so much - Blon T3, BL-05 non S. Neither of those are out and out awful, but you'd have to be a BLON completist to go there.

@Slater - look past the colour of the 05S. Or paint it. Seriously. It's great.

Jan 13, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #5,158 of 6,129
Got my BL-01 last week after a two month long wait. The first two days with them were a real battle... Lol... First iem I've ever struggled with fit this badly. But after a hard fought war, I came out victorious. My winning combo was:

1) A Nicehck cable with CHIN SLIDER
2) A nozzle spacer (red in pic) gotten from cutting the base off another eartip (Wasted a ton of tips on these. You'd be surprised how difficult it is to cut out same size on both sides, I finally found the trick for me was to cut in one clean swipe, no back and forth motion)
3) Generic tips I found on AliExpress a while ago (seriously those tips are so good; cheap, relatively wide bore, large outer diameter and hard core. They somehow give the best sound on almost all my iems.)

With this combo, fit is better than Ok, actually really good in fact.

Now how do these sound (Off a Meizu HiFi Dac):

I'll start with what struck me the most; Timbre... It's so so good. I never realized how inaccurate my other iems sounded until I started really using these. It's my first BLON and everything sounds so freaking natural. Nothing harsh at all. Vocals are forward sounding and so sweeeeeet. The overall sound is warm and cozy. I've been searching for sound like this for a good while now and I'm glad I found it. It's not very technically good though. You can tell that almost right away, but it doesn't sound dull or veiled. When I put them on, I just want to enjoy the music and get lost in it. It really is a tuning that suits my tastes almost perfectly. A perfect earphone going forward for me would be one with this natural Timbre, a tiny bit more treble energy and wider soundstage because these are really intimate sounding to my ears. (I have to say the intimacy does help with the sweet sweet vocals though.)

Overall, I'm very happy with them to say the least. These BL-01s along with a CCA C10 (non pro) I had a year ago are easily up there among my favourite Chi-Fi purchases so far for my tastes.
IMG_20210113_122525_EDIT_1.jpg

Jan 14, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #5,159 of 6,129
BL-01 are really good, I was surprised tonight when I took them to the gym to listen after previously auditioning the Sony N3 at home. they didn't feel much of a downgrade and they are pretty similar in sound signature too. Definitely much better than the Tripowin TC01 I took to the gym yesterday, the cymbals on those are a mess.

Jan 14, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #5,160 of 6,129
My Blon Bl03 finally came!! was supposed to come in 31st December, just got delivered today 14th January. lol
Shipping delays aside, this is hands down the best set I've ever owned. Although more bassy then my previous sets, which were more neutral, it still is fun AF!
And the biggest tips fits me like a glove, except for my right ear, which i had to swap for my favourite tips from a cheap MI basic earphones.
IMG20210114164359.jpg
IMG20210114163516.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back