Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jul 28, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #3,691 of 6,129
I'm thinking about buying BL03, but not sure about it.
Does anyone tried them with Nintendo 3DS and PS4 gamepad?
Will be volume too low because of high impedance?

it's working just fine with a lot of headroom for output with the PS4 controller

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #3,694 of 6,129
So, when performing grill mods, do many of you just happen to have a bunch of mesh grills of different sizes on hand? I’ve been wanting to try it out on the BL03, and may try it out on other IEMs in the future, but am too lazy to order the correct size grills from AE, then wait forever for them the arrive. Is there like a good multi-pack to purchase, with all different sizes?

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #3,695 of 6,129
So, when performing grill mods, do many of you just happen to have a bunch of mesh grills of different sizes on hand? I’ve been wanting to try it out on the BL03, and may try it out on other IEMs in the future, but am too lazy to order the correct size grills from AE, then wait forever for them the arrive. Is there like a good multi-pack to purchase, with all different sizes?
There are stores that are selling multiple sizes, so I would just buy one pack of each size from the same seller so you get everything in 1 package.

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #3,696 of 6,129
There are stores that are selling multiple sizes, so I would just buy one pack of each size from the same seller so you get everything in 1 package.

on that note - you guys know a shop where you don't have to pay the shipping costs for each lot/package together when ordering different of those sizes ?

so far I've only encountered shops where the shops are higher than those grills and the shipping costs also sum up - which makes it pretty expensive (and out of line vs. e.g. other products)

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #3,697 of 6,129
on that note - you guys know a shop where you don't have to pay the shipping costs for each lot/package together when ordering different of those sizes ?

so far I've only encountered shops where the shops are higher than those grills and the shipping costs also sum up - which makes it pretty expensive (and out of line vs. e.g. other products)
Maybe you can try messaging the seller and ask for a discount since you are buying multiple items?

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #3,698 of 6,129

PM me your address, I will send out some for you.

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #3,699 of 6,129

just buy all sizes since they are dirt cheap buddy. They can be useful in the future

Jul 29, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #3,700 of 6,129
So I guess the to do list on buying a BL-03 so far is:

1. Buy a pair of sednaearfits (no idea if I'm supposed to buy standard or light however), then keep buying and trying tips from there.
2. Replace cable with any generic 2-pin or a TFZ connector to not just have a cable that won't tug your IEMs out of your ears but also to leave the air intake free (I think I'd prefer the generic 2-pin just in case I order another 2-pin IEM).
3. Replace mesh with an unfiltered one and make some of the like 4 possible iterations of homemade filter for the nozzle (Also from Crinacle: the farther away from the driver the filter is, the better, not sure if this means putting the mesh then the filter in that case, or how true this is for that matter, or if I'm interpreting this right).

Jul 29, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #3,701 of 6,129
So I guess the to do list on buying a BL-03 so far is:

1. Buy a pair of sednaearfits (no idea if I'm supposed to buy standard or light however), then keep buying and trying tips from there.
2. Replace cable with any generic 2-pin or a TFZ connector to not just have a cable that won't tug your IEMs out of your ears but also to leave the air intake free (I think I'd prefer the generic 2-pin just in case I order another 2-pin IEM).
3. Replace mesh with an unfiltered one and make some of the like 4 possible iterations of homemade filter for the nozzle (Also from Crinacle: the farther away from the driver the filter is, the better, not sure if this means putting the mesh then the filter in that case, or how true this is for that matter, or if I'm interpreting this right).

or you could be content enough with the stock built and cable that you only need to tip-roll, like me :ksc75smile:

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #3,704 of 6,129
I keep hearing about Slater's mesh mod for the BL-03 but couldn't find it by searching?

EDIT: whoops, didn't try searching in this thread specifically yet. Found it on previous page, lol:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/blo...ressions-thread.916702/page-182#post-15531900

If you want to try it without ordering the mesh screens just take the stock filters off and try it with nothing there. If you like the sound and still want the protection of the mesh screens then order some mesh screen. My point is that it won't hurt to try it, and the stock mesh can be put back on if you remove it carefully.

Aug 1, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #3,705 of 6,129
i’ve come to the conclusion that the BL03 are a joke on the audiophile world. they beat so many earphones that cost so much more and they’re 40$. everyone should have a pair and compare them to their earphones that cost hundreds of dollars more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back