Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Dec 8, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #1,651 of 6,129
i made the photo with my old phone - Honor 4x, it has normal 13 megapixel camera

ahhh I see. Well you did a very impressive job.
I thought for sure you used an SLR.
I’ve never heard of an Honor 4x. I take it, that’s an android phone?

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #1,652 of 6,129
yeah, it is a old android phone, budged price
i don't care about phones in general, that is the reason why i don't buy expensive phones, now i use Redmi Note 7, have no idea if it makes better photos, will try it after my next earphones are here

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #1,653 of 6,129
Yes android its the sub brand of huawei like i know

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #1,654 of 6,129
yeah, it is a old android phone, budged price
i don't care about phones in general, that is the reason why i don't buy expensive phones, now i use Redmi Note 7, have no idea if it makes better photos, will try it after my next earphones are here

if you have the chance see if you can get newer GCam variants working with it,

that'll allow you to take pictures in the dark via nightmode

and quality should also be much better with picture-stacking (+ HDR+).

Even more spectacular IEM pictures ensue :darthsmile:

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #1,655 of 6,129
if you have the chance see if you can get newer GCam variants working with it,

that'll allow you to take pictures in the dark via nightmode

and quality should also be much better with picture-stacking (+ HDR+).

Even more spectacular IEM pictures ensue :darthsmile:
i already installed that, plus open camera

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #1,656 of 6,129
here is a night mode with Gcam in my dark room with Redmi Note 7, open it for full screen, it is very good if you are not zooming :)
IMG_20191208_223454.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #1,658 of 6,129
I had exactly the same problem, with the same cable. I fixed it by using something like a pen to slightly separate the pins on the cord that was coming out. Now it stays in just fine.
I'm using a black 8 core one. It had earguides that I removed.

Cool cord but it tangles pretty easily.
I have a black 8 core too!

Hmm idk how hard I should use the pen to separate the pins. So you just bend it a little? Did the pins become slanted?

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #1,660 of 6,129
I have a black 8 core too!

Hmm idk how hard I should use the pen to separate the pins. So you just bend it a little? Did the pins become slanted?

Yeah, I just forced them apart a little, very slightly, so that they were slightly slanted outward. Then it was a little difficult to jam them into the plug (which was to be expected and the point, really), and since that point they havn't come out once. Before that it had happened a few times.

Actually maybe I used a key to do it? Anyway it doesnt matter... it turned out to be very simple to do.

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #1,661 of 6,129
oh wow!!! 2 blons within 2 weeks shipped via ems.. both returned to sender
Returned to Sender(GuangDongShengShenZhenShi GSLT) at 2019-12-09 18:14:32

is that even normal? i dont get it.. what is so illegal about shipping stupid iems? i am kind of pissed off now.. because was very excited to hear what the hype is about.. last week one package was returned back... and now another? guys do i have a case for a moneyback? because i am really sick right now to my stomache.. i paid extras for ems shipment.. and lol with the 2x returning (eventhough its out of my expectations).. it would've probably been quicker if i hadnt paid for the ems.. i know im stupid but arghhhh :C

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #1,662 of 6,129
oh wow!!! 2 blons within 2 weeks shipped via ems.. both returned to sender
Returned to Sender(GuangDongShengShenZhenShi GSLT) at 2019-12-09 18:14:32

is that even normal? i dont get it.. what is so illegal about shipping stupid iems? i am kind of pissed off now.. because was very excited to hear what the hype is about.. last week one package was returned back... and now another? guys do i have a case for a moneyback? because i am really sick right now to my stomache.. i paid extras for ems shipment.. and lol with the 2x returning (eventhough its out of my expectations).. it would've probably been quicker if i hadnt paid for the ems.. i know im stupid but arghhhh :C
There used to be a “scam” where Aliexpress sellers would send out fake tracking numbers as a way of buying more time... they would convince buyers to give them more time to deliver goods rather than open disputes. They did this for the simple reason that they oversold inventories or even sold things they weren’t carrying and just waiting till they could get stock. I wonder if this is the new version of that?

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #1,663 of 6,129
I find reversed QDC cables to be really comfortable on the Blon's actually, and the sheath makes them much more secure than regular 2 pin.

these are definitely my go to IEMs for sleeping and games atm, still taking a backseat to my Toneking T4s for music tho

20191207_003513.jpg

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #1,664 of 6,129
I find reversed QDC cables to be really comfortable on the Blon's actually, and the sheath makes them much more secure than regular 2 pin.

these are definitely my go to IEMs for sleeping and games atm, still taking a backseat to my Toneking T4s for music tho

how much modifying was necessary on the BLONs to get a match with the cable connector ?

Dec 9, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #1,665 of 6,129

That's how I have been using them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back