Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Dec 9, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #1,666 of 6,129
I find reversed QDC cables to be really comfortable on the Blon's actually, and the sheath makes them much more secure than regular 2 pin.

Same here. I tried a typical 2-pin cable, and I much prefer the QDC/Paragraph C. It’s solid as a rock, and the angled connector really helps with fit.

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #1,667 of 6,129
There used to be a “scam” where Aliexpress sellers would send out fake tracking numbers as a way of buying more time... they would convince buyers to give them more time to deliver goods rather than open disputes. They did this for the simple reason that they oversold inventories or even sold things they weren’t carrying and just waiting till they could get stock. I wonder if this is the new version of that?
Mine was from ****.. i thought they are reliable but they are hard to get a hold off.. sometimes doesnt answer for days.. not sure what i should do :frowning2:

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #1,668 of 6,129
Mine was from ****.. i thought they are reliable but they are hard to get a hold off.. sometimes doesnt answer for days.. not sure what i should do :frowning2:
I never had problems whit them usally it take 2-3 weeks even when there is no update on the tracking it shows up one day

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #1,669 of 6,129

I never had problems whit them usally it take 2-3 weeks even when there is no update on the tracking it shows up one day

Aliexpress Rule #1: It’s not Amazon
Aliexpress Rule #2: It will show up eventually
Aliexpress Rule #3: See rule #1

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #1,670 of 6,129
20191209_152432.jpg
I bought one of those Kinboofi cables which are made specifically for the blon 03, it's pretty legit. Too legit to quit.

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #1,671 of 6,129
Aliexpress Rule #1: It’s not Amazon
Aliexpress Rule #2: It will show up eventually
Aliexpress Rule #3: See rule #1
except my package had been sent back to them 2x via ems... returned to sender both times... i know it will show up eventually but i paid alot for ems.. that's what im angry about really.. could've not spent the extra money :/ idk

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #1,672 of 6,129
except my package had been sent back to them 2x via ems... returned to sender both times... i know it will show up eventually but i paid alot for ems.. that's what im angry about really.. could've not spent the extra money :/ idk
I had this one time whit fiio over dhl. They wrote my adress wrong but luckily i didnt have to wait long it was dhl express

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #1,673 of 6,129
I haven't really noticed any differences with sound. The tips have roughly the same bore diameter, skirt OD, etc.

The differences between the AZLA and Auvio on the BL-03 is more how it fits the Blon nozzle:

1. AZLA fits the Blon nozzle more securely. The Auvio still fits the Blons very well, but the AZLA locks onto the Blon nozzle with death grip.
2. The core on the AZLA is a few mm longer than the Auvios, so the tip sticks out a few mm longer. This can potentially address fit issues with some people who feel the Blon nozzle is too short.

I can post pictures if it would help to see.

Note this is with M Auvio and SM AZLA tips. It's possible that other sizes are different. For example, when you look at the core of Starlines, it actually sticks out of the skirt on S, is even with the skirt on M, and sticks inside of the skirt on L.

Hey Slater, could you confirm if this is the correct model?

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #1,674 of 6,129
Hey Slater, could you confirm if this is the correct model?

You mean Auvios? No, those are generic looking tips. Auvios are shaped different, and have colored cores.

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #1,675 of 6,129
Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #1,676 of 6,129
Dear
I need a cheap dap or amp for blon 03
I already have QNGEE x2 dap (55$) it is good sounding
But when I listen blon 03 with my old cheap computer, Asrock mainboard (40$) The sound on computer has much more bass detail and energetic. So I dont know what gives? Is it because computer has more power?

Should I buy an amp connected to my Qngee x2
Should I buy a new DAP
Should I buy Sonata HD

Remark: I read about Qngee x2 before I bought, As someone says its good for low ohm power iems. So I thought this should cover all the need for 32ohm iems. But to my surprise , computer does sound better. And Qngee also has hiss sound with Blon, trn v90, kz zsn. in quiet tracks.

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #1,677 of 6,129
how much modifying was necessary on the BLONs to get a match with the cable connector ?

under 10mins of filing with a nail file. I build gundam, and paint miniatures, so I'm pretty used to filing edges down so might take you a little longer- but really wasn't hard. I did the whole mod on the night the IEMs arrived.

just cut the corners off with a scalpel then use the nail file (or sandpaper etc) to round the corners off until the blon fits snugly in the QDC port.

it sounds kinda scary and daunting to mod an IEM so drastically, but it's honestly very easy, and very worth it imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back