Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 22, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #1,306 of 6,129
AK Audio Store on Ali. They said tracking info wasn't updated so i have to wait more time, while in fact chinese text on tracking web says that package has been returned 11.11 to Shenzhen international mail exchange bureau because of security checks. IDK what that means. No new tracking numbers provided.
AK Store contacted me today and said package has been returned by chinese customs because of "unqualified security", they asked me to open a dispute for refund.... Probably better take refund and wait for Blon Mk2 or Trident Diamond. Meanwhile CCA C12 bought in the same store is on it's whay to me.

Nov 22, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #1,307 of 6,129
AK Store contacted me today and said package has been returned by chinese customs because of "unqualified security", they asked me to open a dispute for refund.... Probably better take refund and wait for Blon Mk2 or Trident Diamond. Meanwhile CCA C12 bought in the same store is on it's whay to me.
That's sucks tho... but what's unqualified security?

Nov 22, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #1,311 of 6,129
20191122_151529.jpg
my oppoty is here hope my driams come tru

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #1,313 of 6,129

Probably better reorder as BL-03 is, to put mildly, tremendous value for the price and there is no guarantee MkII or Trident, which will be significantly more expensive, are going to be any better.

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #1,314 of 6,129
20191122_133444.jpg

20191122_133500.jpg
20191122_133516.jpg

20191122_133541.jpg
20191122_133057.jpg

So. This is just a quick visual comparison between the stock tips and the light Sedna tips.

And a pic of them on my A4s as well for comparison.

So I've used them a bit more. The treble is actually a bit bright on pop with the Sedna tips... Which is mad!

Still loving them though!

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1,315 of 6,129
thanks for the reply guys!!! really helpful.. so with the spinfit cp100s - do i need to do the spacer mods on the bl-03? or they're fine by themself? thanks guys!!

I use foam tips, but for whatever its worth, I've found that I'm actually getting a better and deeper seal WITHOUT the spacers. (I wear the BLONS down, not over the ear.) I feel like they are a little looser/more unstable with the spacers for some reason.

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #1,316 of 6,129
I use foam tips, but for whatever its worth, I've found that I'm actually getting a better and deeper seal WITHOUT the spacers. (I wear the BLONS down, not over the ear.) I feel like they are a little looser/more unstable with the spacers for some reason.

I also prefer a snugger shallow fit. If the body of the iem is not hanging out farther from the ear canal it supported by the concha area of the ear. This is why I always thought it looked like it should be worn cable down... much like an earbud. Most earbuds tend to be a much more comfortable fit for me than most iems.

I think the spacers are for those with larger deeper ear canals...maybe larger ears in general.

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #1,317 of 6,129
It's funny, compared to the LZ A4s, which are my OTG fun IEMs, the Blon is much brighter. Much. The bass on the A4 is more physical though. Like it has serious weight. The 03s are very warm in many ways though. That low mid thing is really nice. Until sometimes it's not. But that's why I use USBAPP. A few nudges with the EQ and the Blons sound great again.

The cable... Well... I can wear it and it's not uncomforable... But it does kinda pull out the right iem. Took me a while to cop that that was what was happening. I can push it back in and it's fine... For a while.

If the Cardinals have this signature but fit even 10% better they may be the best cheap IEM I've ever owned.

I also had to sit next to a guitar amp all last week for work. And a drum kit. And a cello. And across from the world's loudest saxophonist. Jesus.

Anyway. My ears are still recovering. In a few days I may like these even more.

For the price though they're a total no brainer and should be owned by many many thousands of people who want a cheap upgrade to their crappy earbuds.

Nov 22, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #1,318 of 6,129
I heard somthing about different pouch different batch is this the good one
20191122_190923.jpg

Nov 22, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #1,320 of 6,129
I heard somthing about different pouch different batch is this the good one
That's a new one.
I bought 4 BLONs (oppoty for myself, family and friends).
2 came with the same pouches as on genck's photo above, 2 came with black pouches without any text on it (ordered those later). The one on your photo seems to be yet another one. Prolly from the newest NEVERGIVEUP batch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back