Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 16, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #1,141 of 6,129
I got my EPro Horn-Shaped tips an hour ago. Very impressed so far.
Compared to spinfit-liked stock tips, horn-shaped tips make mids & highs more prominent & refined.
The best thing is it clean up the slightly bloated mid-bass which occasionally occur.

songs I test on:
Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard - Now We Are Free (soundstage - increase height, female vocal - majestic!!!)
PVRIS - Empty
Marthe Wang - Din Sang

Epro Horn-Shaped tips definitely is a worthy upgrade. (still not a perfect fit when wearing cable down)
Can't wait to compare horn-shaped with AZLA SednaEarfit when they arrived!

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #1,144 of 6,129
@FastAndClean you are the owner of the Final E5000 if I remember well. My BL-03 otw, I am interested in your opinion regarding the comparison btw both

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #1,145 of 6,129
@FastAndClean you are the owner of the Final E5000 if I remember well. My BL-03 otw, I am interested in your opinion regarding the comparison btw both
i sold my E5000, but from memory it is a bit darker compared to Blon, a bit more mid bass (but the bass i think is a little bit tighter on E5000), the mids are similar, musical sounding, Blon a bit more treble, it is surprising how close the Blon is at 1/10 of the price

Nov 16, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #1,146 of 6,129
i sold my E5000, but from memory it is a bit darker compared to Blon, a bit more mid bass (but the bass i think is a little bit tighter on E5000), the mids are similar, musical sounding, Blon a bit more treble, it is surprising how close the Blon is at 1/10 of the price
Thanks for your prompt answer, appreciated. BL-03 will be my dope I think. I still wait for hearing a better bass than the E5000 (for my taste, or course). The Sony flagship maybe, but the mids are everything and Sony is not the best in that area... Back to BL-03

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #1,147 of 6,129
Thanks for your prompt answer, appreciated. BL-03 will be my dope I think. I still wait to hear a better bass than the E5000 (for my taste, or course). The Sony flagship maybe, but the mids are everything and Sony is not the best in that area... Back to BL-03
E5000 is a fine earphone, i loved mine very much, i had some fit issues with them, that was the reason for selling them, but the sound was just great for me, a bit dark but overall amazing with the music that i like, lots of bass but very well controlled, they did a fine job damping the driver well

Nov 16, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #1,148 of 6,129
E5000 is a fine earphone, i loved mine very much, i had some fit issues with them, that was the reason for selling them, but the sound was just great for me, a bit dark but overall amazing with the music that i like, lots of bass but very well controlled, they did a fine job damping the driver well
Not wanting to derail the thread, the E5000 sent a lot of IEMs I owned or tried back home. Musicality at its best, along with Fibae Black, imo. But hey, I am a reasonable bass, midbass, mids and slightly darkness lover. Fit is amazing for me. Sorry to hear the opposite happened for you. I have the feeling the BL-03 and Bluejay will make me happy, even if one of the 2 will land under the x-mas tree of a friend.

Thanks for your feedback about E5000

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #1,149 of 6,129
I got my EPro Horn-Shaped tips an hour ago. Very impressed so far.
Compared to spinfit-liked stock tips, horn-shaped tips make mids & highs more prominent & refined.
The best thing is it clean up the slightly bloated mid-bass which occasionally occur.

songs I test on:
Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard - Now We Are Free (soundstage - increase height, female vocal - majestic!!!)
PVRIS - Empty
Marthe Wang - Din Sang

Epro Horn-Shaped tips definitely is a worthy upgrade. (still not a perfect fit when wearing cable down)
Can't wait to compare horn-shaped with AZLA SednaEarfit when they arrived!
so earpro & sedna earfit this 2 able fit blon03?

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #1,152 of 6,129
Fake news: it is a 10 mm CNT driver. And it was not submitted on 11/12. Also no HD650 sound. Total gaga. Who is this guy and where is this taken from?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #1,153 of 6,129
This is not news, but another endorsement for adding a mechanical keyboard O-ring at the botttom of the nozzle of the BLON BL-03s. That O-ring essentially makes the tip longer, and the fit is massively improved. I am trying that with foam tips I hated on the BLONs and it's like night and day. The O-rings I'm using are on the thicker side, probably 3mm, compared to the more common thinner ones.

Until China Post delivers a dozen alternative eartip options I ordered out of frustration this week, these will do just fine.

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #1,154 of 6,129
This is not news, but another endorsement for adding a mechanical keyboard O-ring at the botttom of the nozzle of the BLON BL-03s. That O-ring essentially makes the tip longer, and the fit is massively improved. I am trying that with foam tips I hated on the BLONs and it's like night and day. The O-rings I'm using are on the thicker side, probably 3mm, compared to the more common thinner ones.

Until China Post delivers a dozen alternative eartip options I ordered out of frustration this week, these will do just fine.
I just cut my own ring from an inner tube of a silicone tip and extended the tips by turning them inside out.

FkudHfw.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #1,155 of 6,129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back