Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 7, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #736 of 6,129
As of yesterday I'm using BLONs with medium Symbio W eartips and they really help with noise isolation. In fact, I can barely hear anything even with the music off.

Wow do u have a rough dB count of how much isolation it can provide with Symbio W tips? In general, most all BA sets with no vents and smaller size would also be more isolating than the vented/larger DD shells, but if the Symbio Ws work I wouldn't mind buying some to try.
I've tiprolled at least 10 silicone tips and couldn't get satisfactory isolation with the BLONs, though all of us have different ear anatomies.

Nov 7, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #737 of 6,129
Wow do u have a rough dB count of how much isolation it can provide with Symbio W tips? In general, most all BA sets with no vents and smaller size would also be more isolating than the vented/larger DD shells, but if the Symbio Ws work I wouldn't mind buying some to try.
I've tiprolled at least 10 silicone tips and couldn't get satisfactory isolation with the BLONs, though all of us have different ear anatomies.
Sorry, no way for me to measure that, nor would I dare guessing. The difference is vivid, however, if you can take my word for it :wink:

Nov 7, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #738 of 6,129
Removing the earhooks takes about 5 minutes and is really easy. All you need is a small blade, but even a fingernail will do:wink: But if you're looking for a earhook-free cable on the cheap, there's a certain forbidden manufacturer (Y****o) that offers a wide selection (4-core, 8-core, 16-core) in plethora of colours. Check out the AK Audio store. Other sellers have them too.
Just curious, what makes it forbidden?

Nov 7, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #740 of 6,129
Nov 7, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #741 of 6,129
other ear tips, most users here have issues with the stock tips giving a bad fit/seal. The sound improves dramatically once u get a good fit. I found OOTB the sound was horrendous with the stock tips.
In view of the nozzles of the BLON being short and not ideal for most Westerners with the stock tips, majority of us here found a better fit with longer nozzles (spinfits) or doing spacer mods. Just try whatever aftermarket spare tips u have on hand, we all have different anatomy for ears. YMMV.

Foam tips are an improvement. Now the treble is recessed, but it's better than the stock tips.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #744 of 6,129
2019-11-08 07.45.53.jpg
The other three will most likely be given as gifts (two are spoken for already). This shows you that it pays to be my friend. :ksc75smile:

Since I haven't opened the others, I can't comment on reports of unit variation. However, variation in the packaging has been confirmed. :smile:

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #746 of 6,129
Nov 8, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #747 of 6,129
Nov 8, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #748 of 6,129
Thats a heavy cable, does it sound better than an 8 core cable?
Sorry, but I don't have an 8-core version to use for a comparison. FWIW, to me, with the silver-plated 8-core, there is more volume, more bass, and less resolution vs my copper cable.

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #749 of 6,129
There's a Blon-dedicated cable available in the OPA Audio Store on AE. Can be purchased separately, or cheaper with a set of Blons. It comes from a banned manufacturer, mind you. Comes in two colours - copper and gray.
They already have the lowest price for the 03s on AE ($ 25.32), but with the cable it seems like an even better deal - $ 35.27, while the cable alone costs $ 12.84.

EDIT: The listing's changing. Now it's $ 8.81 for the cable, but the $ 35.27 for the whole set remains.

looks like the Senlee 8 core cable but with different 2-pin and jack connectors to me

interesting ...

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #750 of 6,129
lol, the blon is the opposite of boxy and recessed

you NEED a perfect seal to get the goods with these badboys
Totally agree with ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back