Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
May 8, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #3,046 of 6,129
Waiting the result if they worth for upgrading since modded bl03 is great. Im more concern of the 05 technicalities.
I dont know if I need them actually. The KZ Z1 (TWS) is on my queue list currently. Looks like TWS with real sound of wired (hopefully)
I will patiently waiting for your comparison if youre getting the 05

haha. Probably still not quite on par with wired in terms of resolution, but I do like the tuning on the Z1. Though now that I've modded the Blon BL-03 to open up the treble a bit more, I've been enjoying it a lot more. So while I am very curious about modded 03 vs 05, not sure if I actually would want to buy another potentially similar sounding set. :/

May 8, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #3,047 of 6,129
May 8, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #3,048 of 6,129
btw @Slater will you get the 05? And which mod are you using on the 03? The mesh mod or this one https://www.head-fi.org/threads/blo...ressions-thread.916702/page-186#post-15548987

I have a Cardinal and BL-03, so the 05 is probably a side grade. I’ll wait and see what the price drops to during 11.11 or one of the dozens of AliExpress sales.

As far as the BL-03 mods, I have 1 pair with screen mod only. 1 pair with screen mod and foam mod. And 1 pair with screen mod and alcohol filter pad mod.

May 8, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #3,049 of 6,129
The bass on the Blon 05 is very interesting. Whilst it doesn't dominate like on the Blon 03, it can get quite deep. On Kaleo's ...Way Down We Go, the bass is more defined than the Blon 03 and less intrusive, but does still have some good heft.
Vocals have a different placement on the 05 to the 03. On Leonard Cohen's....You Want it Darker, the vocal is further forward listening to the Blon 05, and that makes all aspects of his voice more noticeable and involved. The 05 is really tuned well.

May 8, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #3,050 of 6,129
The bass on the Blon 05 is very interesting. Whilst it doesn't dominate like on the Blon 03, it can get quite deep. On Kaleo's ...Way Down We Go, the bass is more defined than the Blon 03 and less intrusive, but does still have some good heft.
Vocals have a different placement on the 05 to the 03. On Leonard Cohen's....You Want it Darker, the vocal is further forward listening to the Blon 05, and that makes all aspects of his voice more noticeable and involved. The 05 is really tuned well.

How about its technicalities? Soundstage wise, imaging and sound separation? Any noticeable improvement from BL03 or similar?

May 8, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #3,051 of 6,129
How about its technicalities? Soundstage wise, imaging and sound separation? Any noticeable improvement from BL03 or similar?
Detail about the same as the 03. Separation is similar. The soundstage is more 3 dimensional, wider and on some tracks there is an almost holographic feel.

May 9, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #3,054 of 6,129
I would say the timbre and tone of the Blon 05 is exceptional. I do love the defined bass of the Urbanfun 1ss014, and I have one with no QC issues, but the Blon 05 has more realistic timbre although the Urbanfun is the real deal. The slightly forward vocals of the 05 will appeal to many and definitely benefits lots of vocal centric music. Bass is still quite capable but no longer overwhelms the mids on some music. The treble is quite realistic for me and close to the 03....I don't hear any strange peaks. It's not a sidegrade because the Blon 05 is different to the Blon 03. It's the same family sound but with different emphases. But.....it sounds good, unless someone listens with the stock tips where they will get no idea of it's qualities. But thats for most IEMs....crap tip....crap sound. It is a fine IEM and definitely worth the money. I don't think that it will cause so much controversy as the Blon 03 as people listen in more detail, and the enhanced soundstage will draw more people in as time goes by. Just my thoughts so far. Leonard Cohen, Tony Joe White, Pentangle, Folk Music, some Jazz, Opera, general pop music etc, all sound better through the Blon 05. It depends on the genre of ones taste.

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #3,055 of 6,129
Regarding separation. In the sense of instrument separation listening to the 1812 Overture by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra the separation is good and very coherent. Instrument placement sounds correct. The Blon 05 will suit the foreground instruments on most classical music.

May 9, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #3,056 of 6,129
As I get brain burn in, and maybe some empirical burn in, I am beginning to really like these Blon 05s. These are a production unit and I paid full whack for them. I decided to Express them because I have a few of the underlying health factors for the virus. Normally I just pay the basic delivery charges, but I thought....go for it, express delivery.
The Blon 05 is excellent for all vocals, guitar music and any music that has foreground voices or instruments. Is it as good as the Blon 03? Definitely yes, but it will be important to be open minded and listen carefully. The presentation is different and that may affect the expectations of some, but by being open and fair it soon becomes clear that these are as special as the Blon 03. They make music sound good and for most they will give you a lot of pleasure. Soundstage, and imaging within the soundstage, is really top notch to me. Just that makes me appreciate the Blon 05.

Last edited:
May 10, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #3,058 of 6,129
I have a problem. I bought the B lon 03 on Amazon in November. The fit was atrocious but I persevered because I liked the big sub bass and the clarity. The left ear died on me. I bought another pair. A brown pair this time. Whilst the sound is now neutral, there is no sub bass. It's very flat and dull sounding. Nothing like my first pair. They sound like completely different drivers have been putting the new ones. Very frustrated. Can anyone elaborate?

May 10, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #3,059 of 6,129
I have a problem. I bought the B lon 03 on Amazon in November. The fit was atrocious but I persevered because I liked the big sub bass and the clarity. The left ear died on me. I bought another pair. A brown pair this time. Whilst the sound is now neutral, there is no sub bass. It's very flat and dull sounding. Nothing like my first pair. They sound like completely different drivers have been putting the new ones. Very frustrated. Can anyone elaborate?
Fake or faulty. Would ask for a refund if possible.

May 10, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #3,060 of 6,129

Try changing your eartips. The 03 is hard to achieve a good seal and without it the sub-bass is gone. Ideally if you still have the borked 03 use the ones you were using on that for a direct comparison. I think of all of my (many) IEMs tips make more of a difference to the 03 than any other unit.

@DynamicEars - I've got the z1 and the BL05 theoretically coming in from China very soon. I'll post details and comparisons when they get here. Have you tried the Tronsmart Spunky Beat? Great timbre for a wireless set, similar sound profile to the MH755 and BL03 (unmodded). Somewhere between the two in terms of ability IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back