Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
May 10, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #3,061 of 6,129
Try changing your eartips. The 03 is hard to achieve a good seal and without it the sub-bass is gone. Ideally if you still have the borked 03 use the ones you were using on that for a direct comparison. I think of all of my (many) IEMs tips make more of a difference to the 03 than any other unit.

@DynamicEars - I've got the z1 and the BL05 theoretically coming in from China very soon. I'll post details and comparisons when they get here. Have you tried the Tronsmart Spunky Beat? Great timbre for a wireless set, similar sound profile to the MH755 and BL03 (unmodded). Somewhere between the two in terms of ability IMO.

Hi Tony thanks for the head up. I never tried the popular spunky beat myself becayse i have gt1 plus with me. I watch 1 review that the gt1 plus and spunky beat on similar level, with spunky beat have more bass on quantity so i pass on the spunky (just like mh755 and bl03 actually i prefer a bit lower bass quantity)
And the Z1 said to be better than spunky and GT1 plus in terms of SQ (dont mention that 2 and half hours batt life and micro usb, we all know the whole world are cursing KZ because of that lol). Eagerly waiting for your comparison in KZ thread later on! Thanks in advance.

Of course another impressions of BL05 will be great in this thread. Thanks!

May 10, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #3,062 of 6,129
@DynamicEars - I've got the z1 and the BL05 theoretically coming in from China very soon. I'll post details and comparisons when they get here. Have you tried the Tronsmart Spunky Beat? Great timbre for a wireless set, similar sound profile to the MH755 and BL03 (unmodded). Somewhere between the two in terms of ability IMO.

@DynamicEars Plus one from me for the Spunky Beats. I don't own one personally, but i have tried my friend's unit and compared it briefly to my Gbuds and XM3. Nice sound and solid product

May 11, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #3,063 of 6,129
Im in the Pacific North West with not much winter to speak of and my wife was using her BLONs today and complained of shocks in the right ear. So I tried them and sure enough, it’s like getting little pin pricks in the right ear... I guess you get what you pay for ... I’m going to try another cable.

**edit.... a different cable seems to work for now **

**EDIT... It's not the cable as it's started again with the Noble cable I was using and that cable has never had an issue... **
Just got a crazy reverberating shock from my blon-03 in both ears, (they were plugged into my computer desktop which probably why it was so powerful) - the shock I felt was too powerful to be simply static. The shock was no joke and wasn't a simple single discharge like static but it felt like 3 consecutive discharges in each ear at the same time. I'm a bit shaken, I'd give it a 7 out of 10 for how dangerous it felt, 10 being physical damage.
Some of the wires have got to be touching the housing.

May 11, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #3,064 of 6,129
Try changing your eartips. The 03 is hard to achieve a good seal and without it the sub-bass is gone. Ideally if you still have the borked 03 use the ones you were using on that for a direct comparison. I think of all of my (many) IEMs tips make more of a difference to the 03 than any other unit.

Just got a crazy reverberating shock from my blon-03 in both ears, (they were plugged into my computer desktop which probably why it was so powerful) - the shock I felt was too powerful to be simply static. The shock was no joke and wasn't a simple single discharge like static but it felt like 3 consecutive discharges in each ear at the same time. I'm a bit shaken, I'd give it a 7 out of 10 for how dangerous it felt, 10 being physical damage.

Ground issue with your desktop computer + metal shell + conductive human body = BZZZZZ

866BDB8D-3C31-4E8A-8B1D-012BD2415AC4.gif

May 11, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #3,065 of 6,129
This is Gods way of telling you that he thinks you shouldn't use your desktops 3.5mm out for good sound.

May 11, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #3,066 of 6,129
This is Gods way of telling you that he thinks you shouldn't use your desktops 3.5mm out for good sound.
Honest question, is it not possible to get good sound from a 3.5mm attached to a desktop? The 3.5mm jack is attached to a half-decent creative soundblaster z sound card inside I'm guessing desktops soundcards generally don't compare to the level of sound most audiophiles here use?

May 11, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #3,067 of 6,129
Honest question, is it not possible to get good sound from a 3.5mm attached to a desktop? The 3.5mm jack is attached to a half-decent creative soundblaster z sound card inside I'm guessing desktops soundcards generally don't compare to the level of sound most audiophiles here use?

It is not only the sound quality that scales with a dedicated DAC/AMP/dongle, but u also prevent unwanted pickup of hiss/noise from the desktop, some of which are unshielded for electromagnetic interference.

It isn't expensive to get a good and cheap DAC/AMP dongle like the sonata HD Pro TBH. That'll probably be the next bottle neck for your audio signal chain after upgrading the transducer (ie the IEM itself).

May 12, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #3,068 of 6,129
Is that same grounding what i'm experiencing with my Blon 03 setup too?

http://imgur.com/gallery/LbTNP9X

^Had trouble inserting the image sorry. Currently have a Fiio BTR1K as a gift & paired it with an Artextreme SD03 amplifier connected with a male to male stainless jack coupler as the bass do tighten with amping. The amp is also metal (aluminum). But that shock though...

Though I experience it more while using Apple music, rarely on Spotify. Can only use apt-x as there's an AAC selection issue on my current Poco F1 rom

May 12, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #3,069 of 6,129
According to DHL I should be getting my blon 05 on Monday.

On another note, I use my blon bl-03 straight out of my phone, because I'm a prole and have never received a shock. I have heard static out a faulty kz s1 left earpiece but I think that's just a short straight out of the factory. I got a refund so no worries.

May 12, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #3,070 of 6,129
Wow waiting patiently for you guys to get your Blon 05s and hear all your impressions. They do burn in (IMHO) so improve with use......worth noting for you guys who like to burn in. I wore them from the go, to get brain burn in. I'm sure they will be coming soon and am really looking forwards to your impressions.

May 12, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #3,071 of 6,129
I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me but why is the Blon BL-05 like $10.99 on AE? Search is your friend on this one (banned seller)....

May 12, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #3,072 of 6,129
I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me but why is the Blon BL-05 like $10.99 on AE? Search is your friend on this one (banned seller)....

They do that as a way of cheating / misleading as that price is a cable which part of the bundle. Many other sellers do this as well.

May 12, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #3,073 of 6,129
I would say the timbre and tone of the Blon 05 is exceptional. I do love the defined bass of the Urbanfun 1ss014, and I have one with no QC issues, but the Blon 05 has more realistic timbre although the Urbanfun is the real deal. The slightly forward vocals of the 05 will appeal to many and definitely benefits lots of vocal centric music. Bass is still quite capable but no longer overwhelms the mids on some music. The treble is quite realistic for me and close to the 03....I don't hear any strange peaks. It's not a sidegrade because the Blon 05 is different to the Blon 03. It's the same family sound but with different emphases. But.....it sounds good, unless someone listens with the stock tips where they will get no idea of it's qualities. But thats for most IEMs....crap tip....crap sound. It is a fine IEM and definitely worth the money. I don't think that it will cause so much controversy as the Blon 03 as people listen in more detail, and the enhanced soundstage will draw more people in as time goes by. Just my thoughts so far. Leonard Cohen, Tony Joe White, Pentangle, Folk Music, some Jazz, Opera, general pop music etc, all sound better through the Blon 05. It depends on the genre of ones taste.

May 12, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #3,075 of 6,129
Fake or faulty. Would ask for a refund if possible.
Ok. So, I bought a new pair.Definitely a case of unit variance. The brown pair were neutral, with a clean midrange and flat treble, no sub bass bleed They sound very much like the moon drops. The new pair are much darker. Slight bleed into the mids (which I don't mind) much more V-shaped and the highs shimmer more. Sounds more beryllium like. They both sound great. I prefer the new ones. 100% they have totally different tuning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back