Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Oct 18, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #212 of 6,129
i think Blon BL03 is a lucky mistake, when it was in the lucky bag they said that the sound can be compared to 200$ earphones, it turns out to be true

Ah, good point. I totally forgot about that.

IMO, not all of the fukubukuro bags turn out to be as good of a deal as the Blon.

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #213 of 6,129
Ah, so that was you! Thanks for the awesome idea! Now I know who to give credit to :)

no sweat, actually it makes me want to try it out with the Blon, but I'll do it tomorrow, it's too late in the night here, don't wanna make my family thinking I'm obsessed with earphones (although they might already did think that way) :sweat_smile:

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #214 of 6,129
I know some of you have already discovered this, but the Blon works great cable down (with a 3rd party that has a straight 2-pin connector). You just have to swap L and R ear pieces.

It feels very comfortable this way, almost like it was made to go either way.

To make it fit right (with my ears anyways), I did have to go with even longer tips than the MH755. Flip Tips work perfect, and the horn shaped bore make them sound A+.

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #215 of 6,129
Yayy I got my 2nd pair today. It'll be my mild basshead set.

It's been posted in another thread before, but from Aliexpress guy:
U6948d68f76de455bbc8580523b5f2af2P.jpg

Ue8187145726843eb8c903c192bdfea0aC.jpg

Pretty basic stuff, just micropore tape covering the front-vent plus Sony MH755 tips (foam ring inside) and it kinda remembers me the Kanas Pro's sub-bass with a tad less extension but still pretty good. This mod adds a welcome quantity for electronic and double-kick metal drums, also it doesn't bleed into the lower midrange so win-win.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #216 of 6,129
Holy I actually tried to wear my bl03 drop down and no fit issue at all. It actually fit much better and no jaw movement of any kind to break the seal. I am also using bt20s with the L and R earpiece reversed. IMG_20191018_211755.jpg

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #218 of 6,129
That’s still ok. BT20 can be worn up or down:

@chinmie originally came up with the idea of wearing the BT20 down, so all credit goes to his genius idea (and it actually works) :)

hmmm... that ear looks familiar... (looking at the mirror)

wow guys, not even slightly thought about this way to wear, but damn.. it works well with BLON! Thanks!

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #219 of 6,129
wow guys, not even slightly thought about this way to wear, but damn.. it works well with BLON! Thanks!

It works so damn well I think they just make a mistake by making it wear over the ear instead of drop down.

Oct 20, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #221 of 6,129
I know some of you have already discovered this, but the Blon works great cable down (with a 3rd party that has a straight 2-pin connector). You just have to swap L and R ear pieces.

It feels very comfortable this way, almost like it was made to go either way.

To make it fit right (with my ears anyways), I did have to go with even longer tips than the MH755. Flip Tips work perfect, and the horn shaped bore make them sound A+.

Now I just need to find a balanced 2 pin cable with no ear hooks that actually fits the Blon in a way that looks right. I only have this one here at the moment.

R0015716.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #223 of 6,129
Now I just need to find a balanced 2 pin cable with no ear hooks that actually fits the Blon in a way that looks right. I only have this one here at the moment.

OK so I went ahead and put that cable on the Blon even though I knew the plastic would be exposed. I wish it did not show but I guess it is secure enough and I don't see it when they are in my ears:)

The fit is equally comfortable as it is over ear with the stock cable (which fits me well). Maybe a little more comfortable as I really prefer cable down to over ear. I don't like the feeling of the cable touching the delicate skin behind my ear.

When I first saw photos of the Blon I was surprised that there was an earhook on the cable. To me the body of the iem looked as though it should be worn cable down.

I have not had to change the tips. I was using Symbio Peels with the stock cable and those are still working perfectly for me. I was prepared to try the Flip Tips if I needed to. So far I am only using those on my Crescent.... but I just realized maybe I should try them on the BIE. That is just about the only one I have not tried.

Here they are... note the gap. I have to admit, it was very hard to take these out of my ears to take the photo. I often use the first track on this album to check male and female vocals and this time I just wanted to keep listening to the album:)

BLON BL-03 balanced out of Opus #1

R0015722.JPG

Oct 20, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #225 of 6,129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back