Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Oct 18, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #197 of 6,129
Does anyone wear them drop down? Seems to be more comfortable for my small ears

If it fits you just fine then by all means. For me, even using it over the ear, if I yawn, sometimes the right side lose the seal and I have to adjust it again.

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #198 of 6,129
If it fits you just fine then by all means. For me, even using it over the ear, if I yawn, sometimes the right side lose the seal and I have to adjust it again.
Hey I had this problem too, wearing it drop down kinda solves the issue for me. Jaw movement no longer makes it fall out, it was annoying when it falls out a bit everytime I laugh

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #199 of 6,129
Hey I had this problem too, wearing it drop down kinda solves the issue for me. Jaw movement no longer makes it fall out, it was annoying when it falls out a bit everytime I laugh

Problem is, I am pairing it with bt20s.

Oct 18, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #201 of 6,129
Try the one that is on there. For many people it's fine. It's not a bad cable but it doesn't help the fit for some people.

Oct 18, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #202 of 6,129
Problem is, I am pairing it with bt20s.

That’s still ok. BT20 can be worn up or down:

4179F505-64B5-4360-9E7E-ECC81D540C6B.jpeg
E2100220-F5A8-4217-9B1F-D577B09B5CE4.jpeg

@chinmie originally came up with the idea of wearing the BT20 down, so all credit goes to his genius idea (and it actually works) :)

E27EC65E-5FA2-4D50-87CB-DE76E377423F.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #203 of 6,129
How do you spot a genuine or a fake? Mine SOUND like they are genuine (I prefer mine to my MH755) but I don't know for sure...

The genuine MH750 are basically built exactly the same as the genuine MH755, and almost all of the telltale signs of a genuine MH755 also carry over to the genuine MH750:

1. The genuine has an all-black nylon mesh nozzle filter. The fakes have white filters (that may or may not contain a small hole pierced in the center in an effort to artificially improve the treble clarity).

2. Genuines always have a 90-degree 3.5mm end. Some of the fakes have a straight 3.5mm end, but some fakes also have a 90-degree 3.5mm end. So a 90-degree 3.5mm end alone isn’t a guarantee of a genuine, but a straight 3.5mm end is a 100% guarantee of a fake.

3. Yellowish/off-whitish tuning foam in the nozzle. The fakes have no tuning foam in the nozzle, but some have black tuning foam in the nozzle. So like the cable, tuning foam in the nozzle alone isn’t a guarantee of a genuine, but no tuning foam in the nozzle is a 100% guarantee of a fake.

4. The genuine driver itself has 2 silver ‘dots’ on the back of the circuit board. The fake drivers have no dots at all.

5. The genuine driver is held/sealed into the shell by a circular ring foam seal. The fakes have no foam ring, and are almost always rattling around loose in the shell (ie not held in by anything).

6. Always ignore any labels on the baggies (with manufacturing dates etc) or tags on the cable. The fakes have copied this, so it is a totally unreliable way to tell if it’s genuine or fake.

7. With regards to the black color, the included genuine tips are translucent black (ie smoke black), and the silicone is high quality. The tips included with the fakes are solid black (not translucent), and the silicone is of a lower quality when directly compared side by side.

8. The genuine includes a shirt clip with the eartips. Some of the fakes include a shirt clip, and some of the fakes don’t. So just like #2 and #3 above, the inclusion of a shirt clip alone doesn’t guarantee a genuine, but no shirt clip included is a guarantee of a fake.

That’s about all I can think of. There are a few more very subtle differences (like the precise diameter of the micro vent on the actual driver, etc), but I don’t want to get into uber-nerd level stuff. The 8 points outlined above is more than enough evidence to tell if you have a genuine or not.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #204 of 6,129
The genuine MH750 are built exactly the same as the genuine MH755:

1. All black nylon mesh nozzle filter. The fakes have white filters (that may or may not contain a small hole pierced in the center in an effort to artificially improve the treble clarity).

2. Genuines always have a 90-degree 3.5mm end. Some of the fakes have a straight 3.5mm end, but a lot have a 90-degree 3.5mm end. So a 90-degree 3.5mm end alone isn’t a guarantee of a genuine, but a straight 3.5mm end is a 100% guarantee of a fake.

3. Yellowish/off-whitish tuning foam in the nozzle. The fakes have no tuning foam in the nozzle, but some have black tuning foam in the nozzle. So like the cable, tuning foam in the nozzle alone isn’t a guarantee of a genuine, but no tuning foam in the nozzle is a 100% guarantee of a fake.

4. The genuine driver itself has 2 silver ‘dots’ on the back of the circuit board. The fake drivers have no dots at all.

5. The genuine driver is held/sealed into the shell by a circular ring foam seal. The fakes have no foam ring, and are almost always rattling around loose in the shell (ie not held in by anything).

6. Always ignore any labels on the baggies (with manufacturing dates etc) or tags on the cable. The fakes have copied this, so it is a totally unreliable way to tell if it’s genuine or fake.

7. With regards to the black color, the included genuine tips are translucent black (ie smoke black), and the silicone is high quality. The tips included with the fakes are solid black (not translucent), and the silicone is of a lower quality when directly compared side by side.

8. The genuine includes a shirt clip with the eartips. Some of the fakes include a shirt clip, and some of the fakes don’t. So just like #2 and #3 above, the inclusion of a shirt clip alone doesn’t guarantee a genuine, but no shirt clip included is a guarantee of a fake.

So in which case we can add - Sounding good isn't necessarily proof of a genuine MH750. I've a genuine 755 and a fake 750 (no solder dots on mine and short tuning paper although everything else is correct for a genuine one) and the 750 sounds pretty good. Not quite so good as the 755 as it is a bit heavier in the bass but definitely fine for the money. Thanks for the info.

Oct 18, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #205 of 6,129
So in which case we can add - Sounding good isn't necessarily proof of a genuine MH750. I've a genuine 755 and a fake 750 (no solder dots on mine and short tuning paper although everything else is correct for a genuine one) and the 750 sounds pretty good. Not quite so good as the 755 as it is a bit heavier in the bass but definitely fine for the money. Thanks for the info.

Yes, you bring up an important point. Believe it or not, some of the fakes I have heard actually sound halfway decent. Like 65% as good as the genuines.

You would think the fake ones would sound like distorted dollar-store trash, but I have actually been quite surprised by some of the fakes.

Granted, they are not as good as the genuines when directly A/Bing, but I can easily see how the “good fakes” could theoretically fool someone that 1. Doesn’t have a genuine to directly A/B compare with, and 2. Isn’t willing to take the shells apart and nozzle filters off to verify all 8 physical points outlined above.

Just to put it into perspective, the “good fakes” that I have heard are better than 90% of every QKZ earphone I own lol

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #206 of 6,129
While you've got genuine 750s to hand - are the backs of the IEMs (where the Sony logo is) the same size as the MH755? That could be another point to note as mine are slightly (about 1 or 2 mm) bigger? Another point I note is that the hole between the two halves of the shell is bigger on the genuine 755 than the fake 750.
My fake 750 are better than the KZ ED12 or EDR1. Better than the KZ ZS10. MUCH better than the Echobox Finder... I'm really surprised as all the reports of fakes mention dollar-store sound and these just... Aren't.

Oct 18, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #207 of 6,129
are the backs of the IEMs (where the Sony logo is) the same size as the MH755? That could be another point to note as mine are slightly (about 1 or 2 mm) bigger? Another point I note is that the hole between the two halves of the shell is bigger on the genuine 755 than the fake 750.

The genuine MH750 shells are 100% identical in size to the genuine MH755. The front and back halves of the shells are actually interchangeable (ie a genuine black MH750 shell back half will mate perfectly with a genuine white MH755 front shell half).

The same with the vent hole in the back half of the shell. The genuine MH750 and MH755 have exactly the same sized vent holes.

If there is any size discrepancy when directly A/B comparing (such as 1-2mm size difference as you mentioned), then that means you have a counterfeit.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #208 of 6,129
:ksc75smile::beerchug:
Why is so expensive? because it sound good

Have you seen his video for the Blon B20.
£450 pair of over ears. He rates them too.

Blon have a great difference in price range of their models.
Albeit with different types.

Still loving the BL03s, changed tips again and added a kz b type replacement cable and sound has warmed up nicely.
Definitely ones that are easy to listen too, still awake at 1am this morning going through my collection. Differing genres etc.
These are really good value for the money.

:beerchug: :ksc75smile:

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #209 of 6,129
That’s still ok. BT20 can be worn up or down:

I forget what HeadFier originally shared the idea of wearing the BT20 down, but it’s genius (and it actually works) :)

hmmm... that ear looks familiar... (looking at the mirror)

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #210 of 6,129
hmmm... that ear looks familiar... (looking at the mirror)

Ah, so that was you! Thanks for the awesome idea! Now I know who to give credit to. I edited my post above :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back