Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Dec 4, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #1,561 of 6,129
hey man sorry to be a pain.. but if i wanted a clean rip (at the end) what should i do? i mean i am ocd like that :p so when i see pieces of rough plastics at the end.. i would probably cry myself to sleep :c

Well, be aware that if you want to do that, the risk of screw up increases exponentially. That’s why I’ve never really encouraged that information; some people have 10 thumbs, and I’d feel terrible if someone messed up their cable following my advice.

Anyways, to clean up the torn off end, you MUST use magnification and very tiny scissors. I use these almost exclusively for that task, and it works perfectly every time.

2F3AB6D0-A387-4276-BEFE-D5808119A239.png

They’re nail cuticle/eye lash scissors. Sharp AF, and they come to an almost needle point at the end. Perfect for slitting the bottom of the ear guide rubber (to start the peeling process), as well as fit trimming off the ear guide rubber bits that remain at the end (after you tear the rubber off).

The people that jack up their cables are the ones that use all the ghetto methods (kitchen steak knives, pocket knives, razor blades, big giant office scissors, their teeth, pliers, wire cutting dykes, etc). While I totally understand that someone may not have the financial means or ability to get the proper tools, a $1 magnifying glass and a pair of the proper eyelash scissors like I posted is a $2-$3 investment that will literally last a lifetime.

It’s just not worth risking screwing up a $15-$200 cable, when the perfect tool can be ordered from Aliexpress at literally the same time as all of the ChiFi audio gear we are so addicted to.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #1,562 of 6,129
Well, be aware that if you want to do that, the risk of screw up increases exponentially. That’s why I’ve never really encouraged that information; some people have 10 thumbs, and I’d feel terrible if someone messed up their cable following my advice.

Anyways, to clean up the torn off end, you MUST use magnification and very tiny scissors. I use these almost exclusively for that task, and it works perfectly every time.

They’re nail cuticle/eye lash scissors. Sharp AF, and they come to an almost needle point at the end. Perfect for slitting the bottom of the ear guide rubber (to start the peeling process), as well as fit trimming off the ear guide rubber bits that remain at the end (after you tear the rubber off).

The people that jack up their cables are the ones that use all the ghetto methods (kitchen steak knives, pocket knives, razor blades, big giant office scissors, their teeth, pliers, wire cutting dykes, etc). While I totally understand that someone may not have the financial means or ability to get the proper tools, a $1 magnifying glass and a pair of the proper eyelash scissors like I posted is a $2-$3 investment that will literally last a lifetime.

It’s just not worth risking screwing up a $15-$200 cable, when the perfect tool can be ordered from Aliexpress at literally the same time as all of the ChiFi audio gear we are so addicted to.

Dude, charge your battery!

Dec 4, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #1,563 of 6,129

i did it!! thanks for the guide :).. i cant get it down to the end of the cable but i guess theres still some plastic left inside the plastic pin.. but good enough.. not too easy to see :)

Dec 4, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #1,564 of 6,129
how hard is it to remove the earguard on the cables? because i accidentally ordered a linsoul tripowin zonie cable that has earguard.. i forgot that i didn't want anything with earguards.. and does anyone have a tutorial on how to remnove the earguards?
The tripowin earguides are pretty loose and easy to remove whit scissor at least mine

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #1,565 of 6,129
The tripowin earguides are pretty loose and easy to remove whit scissor at least mine
hey i havent received my tripowin yet.. hopefully it will be easy.. i have a generic 2pin cable that i bought off ebay but it had the "shure" style earguard that is a pain to remove.. lol my hands are all hurt right now because of it.. (accidentally over pressured the cuticle scissors so it stabbed me lol).. lots of blood but worth it!

Dec 5, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #1,567 of 6,129
My Blon BL-03 have just taken apart, in only one week and a half... I've managed to put it back on and will probably fix it properly it with some glue... but that's NOT what I expected in less than two weeks since it arrived...
36883590667f8bbbbc61f6b0b74298e2434c96b6c1301e73f3747dbd7b8a645d808eb394.jpg

what happen? did it fell to the floor?

Dec 5, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #1,570 of 6,129
No, it took apart when i took it out from my ear .Luckily I've managed to put it back on!

darn... i hope you can get it fixed :thumbsup:

Dec 5, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #1,571 of 6,129
upload_2019-12-5_8-12-14.jpeg

Mine sounds fantastic paired with my Fiio Q1 MkII, I will try MandarinES Foam Tips.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #1,575 of 6,129
iron-eyes-cody-psa-featured.jpg
My Blon BL-03 have just taken apart, in only one week and a half... I've managed to put it back on and will probably fix it properly it with some glue... but that's NOT what I expected in less than two weeks since it arrived...
36883590667f8bbbbc61f6b0b74298e2434c96b6c1301e73f3747dbd7b8a645d808eb394.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back