BLON BL-30 Review, impressions and discussion thread
Dec 25, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #106 of 295
Found a frequency reponse graph for these on taobao
blon.jpg

Thanks! I wonder if that's raw or compensated, should one be able to just 'fill in the gaps' with an EQ profile? I'll have to play around with it. The upper midrange suckout jibes with what I'm hearing. So it looks like it'll need 8 or so db of boost around 1.6ish khz with a little less boost centered around 2/2.5khz and maybe a bit of a mid-treble boost, though that 5/6khz range can sound harsh if taken too high.

So what I'm getting is the fit isn't great and the sound is just ok...?

Stock tuning leaves a lot to be desired, but they seem to take to EQ very well. I wouldn't buy them if you don't plan on EQing, they're no HD650s that are 'right' straight out of the box, but they feel like they have a lot of potential once dialed in.

Fit is the major issue, though I'm hoping we can figure out a headband solution for these.

Dec 25, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #107 of 295
Thanks! I wonder if that's raw or compensated, should one be able to just 'fill in the gaps' with an EQ profile? I'll have to play around with it. The upper midrange suckout jibes with what I'm hearing. So it looks like it'll need 8 or so db of boost around 1.6ish khz with a little less boost centered around 2/2.5khz and maybe a bit of a mid-treble boost, though that 5/6khz range can sound harsh if taken too high.

Stock tuning leaves a lot to be desired, but they seem to take to EQ very well. I wouldn't buy them if you don't plan on EQing, they're no HD650s that are 'right' straight out of the box, but they feel like they have a lot of potential once dialed in.

Fit is the major issue, though I'm hoping we can figure out a headband solution for these.
What is the bass response like?

Dec 25, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #108 of 295
What is the bass response like?

Stock is solid, but it takes bass EQ as well as any big planer or the JVC SZ2000 and will rattle your head easily if you give it a bass shelf boost. Extension goes very deep as well, pipe organs and deep synth sub-bass all have that tactile rumble. These can handle bass better than any open back dynamic driver I've heard.

Dec 26, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #109 of 295
doing some theory crafting based on what i've been reading here. Still waiting on my replacement pair, so i won't know for sure, but i think i've found decent pads for these. This isn't a fix for those of you who are large-headed, but for folks like me with average to small heads these might be a good pick.

https://www.amazon.com/Earpads-Suit...70PRO-Brainwavz/dp/B07WTYCQBX?ref_=ast_sto_dp

these are 24mm deep vs the usual 30mm deep that XL pads are, and the hybrid nature may help with bass response and comfort all the same. 55x65mm internal diameter is big enough for most if not all ears. I'm thinking that these being a little less deep than XL's will retain some more midrange perhaps? who knows. That green fabric is ugly as sin and would absolutely clash with the bronze version lol. If anyone wants to give these a go, let us know how it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back