BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives)
Sep 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #406 of 801
Is BitPerfect in the Applications folder (and not a sub folder)? Did you rename or change the app in any way?

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #407 of 801

Quote:
New version (0.30) is out... finally!

Changes include:
  1. 32-bit Support
  2. About dialog
  3. Sound quality optimizations for complex DACs (ex: Metric Halo, Wyred4Sound)
  4. Reduce chances of skippping/stuttering while performing tasks in iTunes
  5. Allow iTunes to play DRM protected files
  6. Give iTunes control of unsupported files
  7. Queue next track as early as possible (helps with gapless playback over wireless networks)
  8. Fix not setting sample rate correctly on certain DACs (ex: Metric Halo, Wyred4Sound)
  9. Fix Integer Mode producing static on certain DACs (ex: Metric Halo, QB-9)
  10. Fix choosing correct sample rate when the unsupported rate is less than the maximum supported by the DAC
  11. Fix copy+paste shortcuts for Device Info
  12. Fix not closing windows with CMD+W

This version should fix any and all static, clicking/popping etc... problems with Integer Mode that other players don't also exhibit. It will fix most problems relating to pausing, stuttering and repeating sections of a track, usually when you're interacting with iTunes.

As always let me know if you encounter any problems!

Have updated to version 0.30 but unfortunately still hear clicking/popping when enabling Integer Mode for USB. Someone posted that this issue may be to do with USB powered devices and older systems. My Audio-GD Fun (wm8741) DAC is not USB powered and my MacBook is 2,1 with SL. USB details below:

Name: TE7022 Audio w/ SPDIF
UID:AppleUSBAudioEngine:GFEC ASSP:DigiHug USB Audio:3d100000:2,3
Device Id: 258
Default: NO
Selected: YES
Complex DAC: NO
Integer Mode Capable: YES
Frame Buffer Sizes: 14 - 6144
Current Frame Buffer Size: 512
Left Channel: 1    Right Channel: 2
Sample Rates: 8.0  16.0  32.0  44.1  48.0  96.0

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #409 of 801
2 gig. It's soft but audible clicking almost in sync with the music. It's not stuttering playback and I don't have this issue when Integer Mode is disabled or when outputting to toslink.

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #411 of 801

Quote:
Have updated to version 0.30 but unfortunately still hear clicking/popping when enabling Integer Mode for USB. Someone posted that this issue may be to do with USB powered devices and older systems. My Audio-GD Fun (wm8741) DAC is not USB powered and my MacBook is 2,1 with SL. USB details below:

Do other Integer Mode capable players exhibit the same clicking/popping, if so, then this is most likely a bug within the core audio framework or the usb driver.

Sep 14, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #412 of 801

Quote:
I read most of this thread, but may have missed something... Is it only me that finds that BP makes iTunes very laggy? As in, buttons don't respond for a good few seconds, etc. I'm running a decent MBP with FLAC files put into iTunes using Fluke...

Quote:
Something must be wrong.  I haven't used newest version but with 0.29, I had zero lag.  Wouldn't even know it was playing in the background.  

When I was at the my last headphone meet, I used Amarra again, and even the half second delay for tracks to start seemed annoying.  I'd never go back to that crappy software.

The version I was using is 0.29, I haven't been able to find .30 to upgrade yet. Yeh, the lag is actually pretty bad... it can take up to 5 seconds for iTunes to respond when BP is running.

Sep 14, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #413 of 801

Quote:
The version I was using is 0.29, I haven't been able to find .30 to upgrade yet. Yeh, the lag is actually pretty bad... it can take up to 5 seconds for iTunes to respond when BP is running.

Try moving the "iTunes Response Speed" slider towards "Fast", see if that helps.

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #416 of 801
     Quote:
Mike, Do you have the Wyred4Sound DAC-2 driver installed on the iMac that is only registering  44.1, 48, or 96, with bit depth choices 16, 20, or 24.?    The W4S DAC-2 driver is what allows the Mac's Audio Midi setup to achieve 44.1, 48, 96, and 192.  32 Bit depth.    

Yes, I have the W4W driver installed, and I'm seeing all the proper choices up to 32/192.  I have it set to 32/192, but once BitPerfect 'hogs' the W4S, its preferences take over, so I can set it to change to the proper native sample rate for each track.

Quote:
When you open "APP Store" you should see a tab that says "Updates" on the top of the window.  Click it and you will see the path to update BitPerfect.

Quote:
I think the point is that when he goes to the update tab it doesn't show up. This happens to me too. I'll be able to see any/all available updates on my iMac, but my MacBook never sees any updates.

Yes, I see the updates tab, and I figured out what I had to do to update it.  Unusual, but here's what I think.  I originally purchased version .29 for my Mac Mini, but I don't have a screen or monitor for the mini; I access it using either an ipad or my MacBook.  The MacBook, using a VNC program called JollysFastVNC, was how I was accessing the mini when I purchased it.  Going to the app store on the mini shows that BitPerfect was purchased, but doesn't give the option to update.  

However, going to the App Store on my MacBook shows a 'download' option; not 'update' or 'purchase.'  I downloaded version .30 to the MacBook, and then transferred it to my mini via my home network.  I then replaced the older version with it, and version .30 is now working fine.  

Strange way to have to update it, but I think it has to do with how I access the Mac Mini.  I only have one Apple ID and App Store account, but when I tried to update BitPerfect on the Mini directly, I was told that I can only update it using the account I purchased it with . . .???  Vey odd.

Quote:
Is BitPerfect in the Applications folder (and not a sub folder)? Did you rename or change the app in any way?

Not sure if this one was for me, but yes, it's in the proper place, and has not been renamed or altered.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #417 of 801

Quote:
     Quote:
Yes, I see the updates tab, and I figured out what I had to do to update it.  Unusual, but here's what I think.  I originally purchased version .29 for my Mac Mini, but I don't have a screen or monitor for the mini; I access it using either an ipad or my MacBook.  The MacBook, using a VNC program called JollysFastVNC, was how I was accessing the mini when I purchased it.  Going to the app store on the mini shows that BitPerfect was purchased, but doesn't give the option to update.  

However, going to the App Store on my MacBook shows a 'download' option; not 'update' or 'purchase.'  I downloaded version .30 to the MacBook, and then transferred it to my mini via my home network.  I then replaced the older version with it, and version .30 is now working fine.  

Strange way to have to update it, but I think it has to do with how I access the Mac Mini.  I only have one Apple ID and App Store account, but when I tried to update BitPerfect on the Mini directly, I was told that I can only update it using the account I purchased it with . . .???  Vey odd.

It happens to me all the time, I can update apps on my iMac regardless which mac I purchase it on, but when I go to my MacBook, I either don't see the updates under the Updates tab or when I see it I can't update it, it gives me one error or another. So I usually do what you do, update on my iMac and move it over to my MacBook. Something's up one Apple's end I would say... Does anyone else with multiple macs have this problem?

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #419 of 801
Strange that I was not able to update it on the computer it was installed on, but I was able to update it on the computer I was using to remotely access & control the computer it was purchased for and installed on.

I think I said that correctly . . .
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back