Bit the bullet and got hd650
Mar 3, 2011 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Kong911

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Because of all the wealth of information in this forum. I've decided to go ahead and got the HD650 with the Blue Dragon cable attached; from moon-audio. Hopefull it will get here in Edmonton here soon. :). Just ordered it last night.

Anyone know the approx. delivery time frame from moon-audio?

Am gonna enjoy this, whooooo!!!
Kong

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 12
LOL, my wallet doesn't like me right now.  Just got them...woew...I know they're gonna get better as time goes.  I use it w/ my Fiio E7/E9 combo at moment.  Hopefully I can get something better once I can afford another one....:) The joy of music, but definitely don't want wife-aggro though. :p

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #6 of 12
pics or it didnt happen.

tongue_smile.gif

congratulations dude, make sure you send us some eyecandies when it arrives! id give my old miserable leg for one of those.

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
LOL, my wallet doesn't like me right now.  Just got them...woew...I know they're gonna get better as time goes.  I use it w/ my Fiio E7/E9 combo at moment.  Hopefully I can get something better once I can afford another one....:) The joy of music, but definitely don't want wife-aggro though. :p

I woudn't be too quick to make a hop from FiiO unless you see some good review that proves otherwise, or you can use a mega-buck amplifier on loaner for a night and see what your ears tell you in regards to sound improvement.  Congrats on your purchase.

Mar 24, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 12
@wje -   I already have the FiiO  E7/E9 combo when I was contemplating the HD650...wanna try to see if it's any sound difference from my Grado R225i.  I found the Grado too harsh on the high, and gives me a headache.
basshead.gif

@forsberg -  Nah didn't paid anything for customs, except the Tax.  A measly $27 + odd change.

Thanks guys...but definitely sounds a lot better compare to the Grado.  Guess I might have to use Grado w/ a warm amp?  I'm just starting to get into this area...Needs a lot of reasearch before I jump, further, into the abyss.
beyersmile.png
  LOVE MY HD650 at the moment!!!

Mar 24, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #11 of 12
enjoy mate~!

im constantly meeting with my wallet. submitting the same proposal for procurement of the same headphones. we will enter a contact and sign a memorandum of agreement in a month or so.

if you mean by warm amp is tube amp, then you wont find many tube amps that can go as low as 32ohm gradoes. but oh, you have your 650.

Mar 30, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #12 of 12
enjoy mate~!

im constantly meeting with my wallet. submitting the same proposal for procurement of the same headphones. we will enter a contact and sign a memorandum of agreement in a month or so.

if you mean by warm amp is tube amp, then you wont find many tube amps that can go as low as 32ohm gradoes. but oh, you have your 650.

My poor wallet! Just got me-self Nuforce HDP, so now I can compare whether or not, it is better than E7 & E9 combo. Will have it by the end of the week. I might take a pic or two. *GRIN***

Users who are viewing this thread

Back