Binghamton, NY (downstate NY) Meet?
Feb 1, 2008 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

jinp6301

Headphoneus Supremus
Uhh, I have no idea whose near Binghamton, NY (1 hour from Syracuse, NY and 3.5 hours from NYC) but if you're interested, I can get a decent sized room and have a decent mini-meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 68
Hi,

Im Syracuse University - but originally from Austria/Belgium - so I could not bring lots of equipment. I only brought an echo layla 24/96 soundcard, RS1s and K701s.

Id generally be very interested in a meet - if we can get more people together. Im especially looking for tube-amps!

best, Nonno

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #7 of 68
I've never gone to a meet, so I don't really know what happens, but if people are interested in getting together to listen and compare equipment I'd be interested. If we're talking just a few people, we could do it at my house. Maybe in conjunction with a bbq lunch when the weather brightens up a bit.

Nonno - I'm also associated with SU. I have hd-580s, sr-60s, ksc 75s, e2-cs and a bunch of different speakers. I also just ordered an emu 0404usb, and I have an older little headroom amp, so together we should have some thiings to listen to for comparison. I don't have any tubes however.

I'm curious about mcintosh labs. I have a mac c-36 preamp not getting much use. What was the tour like?

Feb 19, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #8 of 68
I'm in Ithaca, and I may be able to convince a friend (with a car) to come with me if there's a meet in Binghamton. I could bring my K601s and iBasso D1.

Feb 19, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #9 of 68
Hi guys,
I am in Syracuse too. Count me in. As long as its not the first week of March - I can definitely make it. I will be ordering some a new amp and headphone this week. So I should have something to bring. Lets make this happen!

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #10 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by classicalguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never gone to a meet, so I don't really know what happens, but if people are interested in getting together to listen and compare equipment I'd be interested. If we're talking just a few people, we could do it at my house. Maybe in conjunction with a bbq lunch when the weather brightens up a bit.

Nonno - I'm also associated with SU. I have hd-580s, sr-60s, ksc 75s, e2-cs and a bunch of different speakers. I also just ordered an emu 0404usb, and I have an older little headroom amp, so together we should have some thiings to listen to for comparison. I don't have any tubes however.

I'm curious about mcintosh labs. I have a mac c-36 preamp not getting much use. What was the tour like?

I went with a bunch of electrical engineers so it was more engineering based the the regular tour. But at the end we got to listen to their super top of the line HT system

And, I dont know where this could happen. It seems like theres more syracuse people then binghamton people so it should be at syracuse imo.

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #11 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And, I dont know where this could happen. It seems like theres more syracuse people then binghamton people so it should be at syracuse imo.

I wonder if we can make this happen?

Mar 4, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #12 of 68
Well, I can throw a few dates around to see if you guys are interested, but I think it should be whenever classicalguy wants it if he's hosting.

If I'm hosting, I can probably get a free room on basically any saturday morning/afternoon.

btw, the NYC meet is on 3/22 and I'll be going to that, so we should do it before/after that date
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #13 of 68
Sounds good!
I should have the ZERO DAC/AMP in the next week or so, if u guys are interested in giving it a listen.
I guess we can start by PMing ppl in this thread and see where our headcount is?

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #14 of 68
As I said, I can host at my house if we don't have too many people - and if we wait until the weather warms up I can offer some good BBQ to go along with it. I'd be fine traveling to Binghamton too - whatever people want to do.

Yea, I'd really like to hear the zero. I just ordered a new t-amp gen 2 that we could play with too.

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #15 of 68
i peeked in at this thread since i was curious about 'binghamton' and 'downstate' being used as adjacent decriptors as to the location. i still don't get that one....
confused.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back