Binaural Classical?
Feb 17, 2007 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

rb67

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone have any recommendations on binaural full album classical music? I'm trying to track some down. I've found a few sound clips on the web, but there seems to be a huge lack in binaural albums.

Sep 17, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 16
I know of precisely one classical binaural recording.

It is Berlioz' Symphonie fantastique/Love Scene from Romeo et Juliette - Paavo Jarvi - Telarc SACD-60578.

I don't know if it is in print, but I hunted down a copy a few years back.

There's a catch, though. The binaural tracks are channels 4 and 5 on the multichannel SACD layer. So you need a SACD player with 5 channel output, and then jack the rear two channels into your amp.

I did this a few times while I was still running the CE595 (the SA8001 is 2 channel) and it sounds incredible. Apparently, they stuck a Neumann head up in the balcony to record the two rear channels for the SACD.

Sep 17, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 16
I think I've seen a few on Amazon.

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #7 of 16
See my blog. I have a thread there about binaural recordings and there are some that are classical.

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #8 of 16
Thanks!

Sep 22, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
http://download.mso.org/app?page=Category&service=external&category=Binaural%20Recordings

I find it strange that they are selling these in MP3. You loose so much of the binaural cues with MP3. I wish they had them in FLAC.

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #12 of 16
Sep 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #13 of 16
Dec 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #14 of 16

Quote:

It is Berlioz' Symphonie fantastique/Love Scene from Romeo et Juliette - Paavo Jarvi - Telarc SACD-60578.

There's a catch, though. The binaural tracks are channels 4 and 5 on the multichannel SACD layer. So you need a SACD player with 5 channel output, and then jack the rear two channels into your amp.

I did this a few times while I was still running the CE595 (the SA8001 is 2 channel) and it sounds incredible. Apparently, they stuck a Neumann head up in the balcony to record the two rear channels for the SACD.

Necro bump.
Would you happen to know if the 4th movement "Dream Of a Witches Sabbath" was made? That happens to be my fav. movement.

Dec 9, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #15 of 16

Quote:
Quote:

Necro bump.
Would you happen to know if the 4th movement "Dream Of a Witches Sabbath" was made? That happens to be my fav. movement.

Yes.

http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/albums/60578/ 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back