Bilavideo Cups Pending List
Jul 13, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #481 of 678
So let me get this right, if someone holds on to the headphones for months and then overnight ships them he is "beyond service". Really? He even forgot to attach the silver cable that you paid for, talk about service right there.

Quote:
First impression.... Holy ****. Bill paid $35.00 to over-night these... That's beyond service.

However, he forgot the 5-6ft silver cable. Stock is currently attatched. I hope it's in the HD 650 box.

Wow, he even dampened them. Going to the pool with family. Will post pics tonight or tomorrow. I was pleased. :)

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #482 of 678
Calm down... I'm commenting on the status of the can... that's half of what we're here for, right?! To settle the status of Bill's work and how/if he is addressing our concerns? It's my can and I like it.

Anywho, everything paid for was included. They were also damped and vented. And they sound radically different from my old Sr60i (in a great way.) So far, even with copper stock on them and a bad pairing with Icon HDP I'm enjoying them just as much as decked HD 650's. These things rock, and are fun. The silver cable is in the HD 650 box.

All I'm saying is that I think he's working... Overnight shipping is a sacrifice in and of itself. I don't see why I'm not allowed to acknowledge that... It's my opinion of what Bill is up to. Don't be to quick to flame it.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #483 of 678
Calm down... I'm commenting on the status of the can... that's half of what we're here for, right?! To settle the status of Bill's work and how/if he is addressing our concerns? It's my can and I like it.

Am I not allowed to have a change of heart?

Anywho, everything paid for was included. They were also damped and vented. And they sound radically different from my old Sr60i (in a great way.) So far, even with copper stock on them and a bad pairing with Icon HDP I'm enjoying them just as much as decked HD 650's. These things rock, and are fun. The silver cable is in the HD 650 box.

All I'm saying is that I think he's working... Overnight shipping is a sacrifice in and of itself. There's no reason not to just acknowledge that... It's my opinion of what Bill is up to. Don't be to quick to flame it.

It's nice to overnight it, but at this point, it seems like the least he could do for people he's put through a six month wait.

Jul 14, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #486 of 678
He hasn't (which is fine by me). Just that one pm I posted. :) Pics coming when I have time

Jul 14, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #487 of 678
I just want him to refund my money. BILL YOU HEAR ME?! REFUND ME!

IF that doesn't happen I'll find someone from his state to ring up local PD for me, or have my cousins do it from NY and CA.

Hennyo its fantastic you've got your stuff. I'm happy for you. However, I think your actively pursuing him with this regard has given you results. I have serious doubts hes toiling away at the lathe.

Jul 14, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #488 of 678
He's proven that he can and will deliver, flaming won't get the thread anywhere at this point in time. As Hennyo so succinctly put it, the thread was started to get results, if its progressing we should try to facilitate instead of hamper its progress, yes? Though it would be nice if he would respond to refund requests and put up an apology here. Saint, he still hasn't replied your pm? He sent xaval a refund pretty promptly for an amount rather much larger than what you paid so I don't see why your refund should be an issue 
blink.gif

Edit: His willingness to use overnight shipping, while not making up for his perceived misdeeds, should at least be enough to convince detractors that he really doesn't make any money out of this entire debacle. No matter how this works out he doesn't win in any way, unless he does end up keeping the headphones (and given the fact that two have been sent back already so far, I don't quite see him doing that) and money. Speaking of which, his charges were nowhere near what current modders offering similar services charged. Given shipping to-and-fro, I think if anything he (optimistically for him) just about breaks even on this whole venture. So I think painting him in a malignant light and depicting him as seeking selfish gain shouldn't quite be the way we should view things. Note that I am not absolving him of what has occurred, just pointing out that we may not be seeing things as impartially as they should be seen.

Jul 14, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #489 of 678
1. Saintkeat - Zebrawood modified cups - 17/04/2011 - $50 sent

2. Ubitwarr- Has my SR-225i's and is adding Aluminum Cups and Wood inners. Also adding a silver cable [edit: sent $170] - 4/24/11

3. sml1226 - Original: Inners and Replacements for broken cocobolo shells. Updated deal (6/14/11): swap for single piece lathed version - 2/24/11 - $30 sent

4. chrislangley4253 - paid for some dynamat (eventually got it elsewhere) - $3  sent

5. Xaval. Sent Bilavideo 200USD on Jan, 31st by Paypal for a set of custom cans - Issue solved on July, 1st

6. Oberg - Oak cups - 08/04/2011 - $60

7. Radio-Head - Sent his SR-225 - (status: Bill sent the SR225 back, but no woodies on July, 2nd)

8. mihirwadia - has my SR225i for wood cups and recable. Also paid $80.

9. wje - SR-325 wooden liners that Bilavideo was going to send me; and, then eventually after a few PMs, he felt bad for the delay and offered to send me some new cups to - but, wanted me to pick a color. $10 for shipping now pending donation for charity - 28/3/11

10. unchain - SR80i cups, both inner and outer, dynamat, etc. Bill has my SR-80i ($100 value). $60 on 3/18/2011 for cups and $25 on 4/8/2011 for cups/headphone help respectively. $185 total.

11. Hennyo - I sent Bill the following and have reciepts for all. 125$ sent, Grado SR 60i's, stock pads and Bowl pads, and Sennheiser HD 650 Box. For:  5ft recable, Cocobolo GS1k cups and return shipping. No recable, but sent cables in separate box Issue solved on July, 14

12. BobSaysHi, sent $10 for shipping on cups

13. drhoooon, sent $230 on 15/1/2011

14. WobblyGoblin, sent sr60i as payment for shells + 2 x Beyerdynamic pads for an attempt at a circumaural headphones on 22/2/2011 

15. Kevin Brown, sent a pair of MS2i on April 6 for a recable

Total cash in the wild: $807

Equipment pending return: 1x SR225i | 1 x SR80 | 1 x Beyer Pads | 1x MS2i | 1x SR60 with bowls | HD 650 box (I don't dare to put a market value on them since condition of cans is unknown)

Jul 14, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #490 of 678
Wow, he's burning through that list REAL quick. 

I hope he still has a future on head-fi. He reignited my love for Grados after 2 years...

Jul 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #491 of 678

Quote:
He's proven that he can and will deliver, flaming won't get the thread anywhere at this point in time. As Hennyo so succinctly put it, the thread was started to get results, if its progressing we should try to facilitate instead of hamper its progress, yes? Though it would be nice if he would respond to refund requests and put up an apology here. Saint, he still hasn't replied your pm? He sent xaval a refund pretty promptly for an amount rather much larger than what you paid so I don't see why your refund should be an issue 
blink.gif

Edit: His willingness to use overnight shipping, while not making up for his perceived misdeeds, should at least be enough to convince detractors that he really doesn't make any money out of this entire debacle. No matter how this works out he doesn't win in any way, unless he does end up keeping the headphones (and given the fact that two have been sent back already so far, I don't quite see him doing that) and money. Speaking of which, his charges were nowhere near what current modders offering similar services charged. Given shipping to-and-fro, I think if anything he (optimistically for him) just about breaks even on this whole venture. So I think painting him in a malignant light and depicting him as seeking selfish gain shouldn't quite be the way we should view things. Note that I am not absolving him of what has occurred, just pointing out that we may not be seeing things as impartially as they should be seen.

He might be starting to prove that he can deliver ... but, it's still at a snail's pace, especially when you look into the SR-60 Mod thread and see about 30 pair of cups that already had lacquer applied.  If those were truly all done and ready, the gap would be much tighter.  However, I still have questions.  If he's so eager to get his cups out and even use overnight shipping, why hasn't he respected those individuals who have just asked for their headphones back?  He's only sent one pair back - and, it sort of appears like he even botched that one up by putting plastic cups back on them before sending them to the user.

If he really wanted to deliver, he'd take an hour and go through his requests where people have asked for refunds or returns of their gear.  He'd then handle those requests and clear that mess up.  After his hour was up, he could then go back out to his car port and turn all the cups he wants.  Having a pair of someone's $200 headphones for 4 months is a bigger issue than getting someone their $50 cups that they've waited 3 months on.

Jul 14, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #492 of 678
I've received a long reply from Bill, the important part of which is "All I'm doing right now is finishing orders and replying to PMs from people who are waiting.". I suggested he post the entire thing here though. 

I would ask that a: If you aren't involved, don't comment, and if you do comment, keep it to the issue at hand; b: Don't call and harass his father about the situation; and c: If you do call him and leave a message, be polite.

Jul 14, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #493 of 678
He didn't reply to my PM from a week and a half ago. I've been nothing but patient for the last few months. A quick reply's not too much to ask for is it? 

I don't want to add more fuel to the fire if he is making them, but do think it's worth noting that he's not really replying to people who are waiting.

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #494 of 678

Quote:
I've received a long reply from Bill, the important part of which is "All I'm doing right now is finishing orders and replying to PMs from people who are waiting.". I suggested he post the entire thing here though. 

That was my suggestion a few days ago, Schwallman said something yesterday and now your indicating that you received a thoughtful reply that would go a long way toward shedding some light on this dark topic. Hopefully he capitulates to your suggestion. I think the initial contact of his father was a lark apparently he and Bill share the same name. That said, using a mans father to get at him is pretty sleazy. The other thing going on here though is Bill doesnt appear to be replying to all PM's. He's leaving some people in the dark and appeasing people on a pretty selective basis. IMO Bill aggrieved the entire community that participated in that thread. Now whether he wants to man up for that BS, or push people to the brink of calling his father, the police, or other remedies is the point we seemed to have unfortunately reached.

Jul 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #495 of 678
Still waiting for some sort of proof that something is happening with MY order

Users who are viewing this thread

Back