Bilavideo Cups Pending List
Jul 1, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #197 of 678

Quote:
It was just people just starting up with the modding... I think I might even be to blame for advertising for them.. From what I saw that admin was the only one bothered by it.. But, rules is rules... I'm gonna check out the new thread... 

Glad to see bill has started making things right. 

If that is the case, I had too, specially with martin, but how could one not praise his job, he deserves it. and I think Currawong's post is more like "sellers promoting its products"

Jul 1, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #198 of 678

Quote:
and I think Currawong's post is more like "sellers promoting its products"

Sadly, if the cup-makers have to get involved with paying an advertising fee to get their banner on this site, I see it as two-fold.  1) They'll get more recognition, and: 2) They'll have to raise their prices to cover the operating expense of paying for the advertising.   Yet, we go into the amp threads and read about all the great amps available.  However, all of those amps are not available through the vendors that advertise on this site.  We also visit the DIY thread and read about all brands of cables and connectors to utilize, yet there's not vendors advertising on this site that offer all of those products - yet, the threads remain open.  I do understand the rules, but they appear to be applied differently for each section of the forum.

Now, I've been a member of sites where they encourage you to utilize their link to the particular site to place an order because the host site gets credit if an order is placed.  If Marty, Bill, BigRock, and Cabillas were able to set up a Web store for their cups and this site would encourage us to utilize their links to connect through to the site, this would not be a bad idea.  If someone just clicks on the link to visit Marty's site, but doesn't make a purchase, then a credit is not provided for this site since a purchase wasn't made.  However, having all vendors pay for an advertising banner means they pay regardless of whether they get any sales or not.  With the "click-through" method, they only pay if a sale was netted.

Just my .02.

Jul 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #199 of 678

It sucks that the almighty dollar is always getting in the way.
Quote:
Sadly, if the cup-makers have to get involved with paying an advertising fee to get their banner on this site, I see it as two-fold.  1) They'll get more recognition, and: 2) They'll have to raise their prices to cover the operating expense of paying for the advertising.   Yet, we go into the amp threads and read about all the great amps available.  However, all of those amps are not available through the vendors that advertise on this site.  We also visit the DIY thread and read about all brands of cables and connectors to utilize, yet there's not vendors advertising on this site that offer all of those products - yet, the threads remain open.  I do understand the rules, but they appear to be applied differently for each section of the forum.

Now, I've been a member of sites where they encourage you to utilize their link to the particular site to place an order because the host site gets credit if an order is placed.  If Marty, Bill, BigRock, and Cabillas were able to set up a Web store for their cups and this site would encourage us to utilize their links to connect through to the site, this would not be a bad idea.  If someone just clicks on the link to visit Marty's site, but doesn't make a purchase, then a credit is not provided for this site since a purchase wasn't made.  However, having all vendors pay for an advertising banner means they pay regardless of whether they get any sales or not.  With the "click-through" method, they only pay if a sale was netted.

Just my .02.

Jul 2, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #202 of 678

Quote:
I don't think there are any restrictions on regular members to stop us from posting about non-sponsor products. It's only the MOTs themselves that are not allowed to advertise their own wares.

Yes, this. Basically, anyone who is making or selling gear for a profit is a "Member of the Trade" (MOT). A MOT can't advertise or talk about their gear (except to answer direct questions) in the forums or via PM.  The idea is, when someone posts, you know that they are doing so without any financial interest in the discussion, or if so, that they are a MOT. The rules have been there from the very beginning.

Otherwise, "The Mightly Dollar" ends up causing people to try and use the forums as their business launchpad and the members end up reading what amounts to underhanded advertising, which I'm sure people don't want.

Jul 2, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #203 of 678

Quote:
Yes, this. Basically, anyone who is making or selling gear for a profit is a "Member of the Trade" (MOT). A MOT can't advertise or talk about their gear (except to answer direct questions) in the forums or via PM.  The idea is, when someone posts, you know that they are doing so without any financial interest in the discussion, or if so, that they are a MOT. The rules have been there from the very beginning.

Otherwise, "The Mightly Dollar" ends up causing people to try and use the forums as their business launchpad and the members end up reading what amounts to underhanded advertising, which I'm sure people don't want.

it makes plenty of sense. Its just a bummer. I guess I was oblivious to what was going on. 

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #204 of 678
Just an update for everyone.
The headphones arrived today.
But I was a little confused because I had discussed mahogany cups with Bill.
But he sent them back to be with the regular SR-225 shells.
And when I first sent the headphones to Bill, they had these different wooden cups.
He also put dynamat on in them too.
So there wasn't really any modding done.

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #206 of 678

Quote:
And when I first sent the headphones to Bill, they had these different wooden cups.

What?

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #207 of 678

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

Oy vey (Yiddish: אױ װײ), or just oy,[1] is an exclamation of dismay or exasperation [1] meaning "oh woe." Its sound is very similar to Oh weh, and Au weh (with which it is a cognate), a common expression used in Bavaria and Austria in similar situations, combining the German exclamation Au! meaning "Ouch/Oh" and the German word Weh meaning pain, Oh ve, an older Danish expression that derives from Low German or Oy Wah, an expression used with a similar meaning in the Montbéliard region in France. It is however also theorized that the first part of it (oy) is originally from Biblical Hebrew, with cognates in other Semitic languages.[citation needed] Vey and the similar contemporary German Weh are derived from Middle High German, and are cognate with the English "woe."

The term in its present form is borrowed from Yiddish,[2] Au Gewalt (Yiddish: אױ גװאַלד oy gvald) – which can have a similar meaning, or also express shock or amazement. Gevald! is often just used by itself to express this feeling.

Also similar to Persian phrase "Ey Vaay" which is used in same stances as its Yiddish counterpart, i.e. sadness or disbelief.

Jul 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #208 of 678

Quote:

wait a minute... you sent them with wood cups and he put plastic cups? 
blink.gif

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #210 of 678
oh snap. Well maybe he updated them with nicer wood shells??

Optimist that I am...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back