Biggest Disappointment Headphone
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #92 of 401
I think there is objective truth to my statements of value being relative :) I'm not really willing to debate the part about science when it comes to audio, it never leads anywhere. But safe to say, I can't prove anything of what I said so I can't claim it to be objective truths. I just think there is :)

Subjective = existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective )

Objective = not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.

Maybe this helps you define your meaning more accurately. So far your statement is in the Subjective category don't you think?

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #93 of 401
Subjective = existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective )

Objective = not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.

Maybe this helps you define your meaning more accurately. So far your statement is in the Subjective category don't you think?

The statement is subjective, yes. But there are only objective truths. And I believe the *value* of headphones being a *subjective* matter to be an *objective truth* :) In the same way, I believe that audio quality not being quantifiable via FR graphs to be an objective truth. My statements are of course subjective as I cannot prove them like I can if I say 2+2 = 4. But I still believe them to be objective truths, not something that in my mind is up for interpretation.

Jul 18, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #95 of 401
HD800 so boring and lifeless. I did actually like the Elear being driving from my speaker amp. Lol

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #96 of 401
The statement is subjective, yes. But there are only objective truths. And I believe the *value* of headphones being a *subjective* matter to be an *objective truth* :) In the same way, I believe that audio quality not being quantifiable via FR graphs to be an objective truth. My statements are of course subjective as I cannot prove them like I can if I say 2+2 = 4. But I still believe them to be objective truths, not something that in my mind is up for interpretation.
ha what ,, my brain is fried :nerd:

i cant wait for your review of the JVC headphone please post about it, at the TH900 thread ,

btw ,, i had the Elear for 3 months :wink: i still think its boring .

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #97 of 401
Smooth and Warm, Mid centric sound with a rolled off top end. IMO they sound quite alike and the sound signatures are similar. Perhaps the Elear has some more thump but it is not particularly impressive there. I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.
Fair enough. But you will probably be the first to say Elears are mid-centric with rolled of top end.

Elears upper mids are recessed, which makes it a little annoying for female vocals, but a simple eq took care of that. The upper mids continues the recessed nature passes the sibilant region (which is primarily why I think so highly of these) and comes back with a vengeance. Your description sounds like you were listening to a completely different headphone. I guess this is what makes audio so subjective.

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #98 of 401
Audioquest Nighthawk.

Stupid frequency response/tuning. Weird, rolled-off treble that can even sound sibilant sometimes. Sucked out upper mids/lower treble that can absolutely devour the soul of some music. Mid bass hump that bleeds into higher frequencies.
All that and yet, one of the most pillowy comfortable headphones I've ever worn. I love their suspension system. But just, no.

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #99 of 401
ha what ,, my brain is fried :nerd:

i cant wait for your review of the JVC headphone please post about it, at the TH900 thread ,

btw ,, i had the Elear for 3 months :wink: i still think its boring .

Your signature shows that you retired the Stax 2170. How come? I was very intrigued by Z-Review's gushing review about those as well as the newer L300/500/700...

For reference, my current cans are the HE-500 and the Westone 4R.

Thanks

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #100 of 401
Jabra Revo Wireless Headphones.
Everyone said they are great Workout Headphones. Had them for under a day before i returned them. They where all about da bass, 'bout da bass, no trebble. :triportsad:
If that's what the "general public" understands under great balanced sound i'm sorry for all the unknowing people out there (or happy? THEY don't have to spend hundreds on headphones...)

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #101 of 401

Read the definition of the word subjective. It matches your definition of objective because it's your "belief" meaning this is in your mind so as I read the definitions it clearly is subjective. The definition is in my objective understanding that it is in fact Websters Dictionaries definition as understood in the English language. Your impression is just that your impression but objective clearly is defined and it is not a feeling or belief.

Your impression is or can be used as a reference but impressions are not always facts.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Jul 19, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #102 of 401
Read the definition of the word subjective. It matches your definition of objective because it's your "belief" meaning this is in your mind so as I read the definitions it clearly is subjective. The definition is in my objective understanding that it is in fact Websters Dictionaries definition as understood in the English language. Your impression is just that your impression but objective clearly is defined and it is not a feeling or belief.

Your impression is or can be used as a reference but impressions are not always facts.

You don't need to define the terms for me. I very well know what they mean. Let me put it this way:

It is my subjective belief that it is an objective truth that the earth is round, not flat.

I cannot prove that the earth is round, so I cannot claim it to be OBJECTIVELY TRUE (I am sure there are plenty of others who can prove it for me, however :) )

However, I can say that it is my subjective opinion that something is an objective truth.

Does this make sense to you?

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #104 of 401
Your signature shows that you retired the Stax 2170. How come? I was very intrigued by Z-Review's gushing review about those as well as the newer L300/500/700...

For reference, my current cans are the HE-500 and the Westone 4R.

Thanks
i just ordered L700 with 353 after his review ,, this guy now how to convince :)
Stax are amazing , you will never appreciate the quantity of details and clarity they provide until you try them
207 has no bass or sound stage , some say i had to change the amp ,
but i found a buyer with good price ,, so i sold it to upgrade to better model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back