Biggest Disappointment Headphone
Jul 19, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #107 of 401
i just ordered L700 with 353 after his review ,, this guy now how to convince :)
Stax are amazing , you will never appreciate the quantity of details and clarity they provide until you try them
207 has no bass or sound stage , some say i had to change the amp ,
but i found a buyer with good price ,, so i sold it to upgrade to better model.

What amp did you use with the 207 that proved disappointing?

When are you expecting the L700? Please do let us know how it goes :)

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #108 of 401
as I am reading through this thread, I am more and more wondering how many of these posts were probably made by people who never heard these headphones driven by a "good synergy amplifier and DAC" and with various music styles while calling them so easily "their biggest disappointment".

Also, if you order an expensive headphone only based on reviews and then don't like it ... uuh ... how shall I put this in words ... uuh ... maybe think twice next time :)

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #109 of 401
You don't need to define the terms for me. I very well know what they mean. Let me put it this way:

It is my subjective belief that it is an objective truth that the earth is round, not flat.

I cannot prove that the earth is round, so I cannot claim it to be OBJECTIVELY TRUE (I am sure there are plenty of others who can prove it for me, however :) )

However, I can say that it is my subjective opinion that something is an objective truth.

Does this make sense to you?

Well if it helps the earth has been proven pretty much round ...more on a slight oval side but we'll go with round ... so for this purpose let's call it OBJECTIVE since it's easy to see the curve of the earth when flying.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Jul 19, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #110 of 401
as I am reading through this thread, I am more and more wondering how many of these posts were probably made by people who never heard these headphones driven by a "good synergy amplifier and DAC" and with various music styles while calling them so easily "their biggest disappointment".

Also, if you order an expensive headphone only based on reviews and then don't like it ... uuh ... how shall I put this in words ... uuh ... maybe think twice next time :)

Pretty condescending comment. It's very difficult for some people to be able to sample an expensive headphone, which is WHY they come to places like Head-Fi to find reviews and opinions about them. It's not like you can just waltz into your local Best Buy and get to demo a Utopia or He 1000 v2. In fact, if it was that easy, sites like Head-Fi would probably not exist.

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #111 of 401
Pretty condescending comment. It's very difficult for some people to be able to sample an expensive headphone, which is WHY they come to places like Head-Fi to find reviews and opinions about them. It's not like you can just waltz into your local Best Buy and get to demo a Utopia or He 1000 v2. In fact, if it was that easy, sites like Head-Fi would probably not exist.
My thoughts exactly. Back in the early days...(mid 70's)...you could listen at a variety of different hi-fi shops. (lived in Detroit area). It was possible to pair speakers with specific amps and pre-amps. Not sure why the high end stores died off....but I certainly did my part to support them.

Bern

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #112 of 401
No bass? Try eq. To much treble? Try eq. I find that if the driver is high quality eq can make wonders for fine tuning the signature

LOLing at why it price so high? Because it sound good.

RE-two thousand dollar! I mean RE-2000.

Hahaha!!!!

For anyone unaware, 1:45!!

)

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #116 of 401
What amp did you use with the 207 that proved disappointing?

When are you expecting the L700? Please do let us know how it goes :)
the one come in the bundle , i think 252 ,, its the smallest one from stax ..
sure will report back at the stax thread ..

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #118 of 401
Guess I'll throw my hat in. Or hate in. Got to say it's the HD 650s. And I don't really hate them, I just feel nothing for them. Every other set of headphones I own, at the very least, does entertain me. The 650s bore me. I think the reason I feel the way I do about them is they were the first "real" higher end headphones I bought. I did have the 558s and the 598s before them, and after reading so much about the love for them both on Reddit and here, I figured they were a safe buy. And I admit, at first I was happy with them. But then, I started spreading my wings, and really investigating just what is out there in the big world that is pricey audio. Eventually I realized I find the sound profile of the 650s to be not for me. I don't necessarily care for neutral sounding cans. I really do prefer "fun" cans. And that's ok. I don't knock anyone for what they like in this hobby. Mainly because I know there are way too many out there for me to ever try them all. Who knows what combo of headphone/dac/amp will work for sure, every time?

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #120 of 401
I'm probably in the minority when it comes to this (or not, I seem to not be the only one), but as much as I enjoyed listening to classical and other "bass light" genres, the HD650 seemed to be a little off to my ears. I never could pin point it, ended up selling them on.

They were pretty in their design, though.

*Ignores own profile pic*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back