Biggest bargain ever!! be quick
Dec 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

connah

New Head-Fier
I was looking for some headphones that matched my criteria, The M-Audio Q40 headphones came up nearly everytime,
had a look at them a month or two ago but the price was a bit too much.

Just found this £59.99 NEW OMG! I Bought them yesterday and they piss all over my Fischer FA-011 for Dubstep and hiphop.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M-Audio-Studiophile-Q40-Studio-Grade-Reference-Headphones-Ideal-Xmas-Gift-/130814134439?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item1e752148a7

Hope this helps someone.

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 9
Good price for the headphones if new!!! (you can find them cheaper >$100 USED on the boards or in eBay).

I liked their sound, very powerful bass, crisp highs, can't remember their mids all that well though.

Anyway, enjoy!! :wink:

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #5 of 9
Woah, that looks too "fishingly good" IMO. It's not a headphone for every1 but people who demand strong bass but still want pretty good mids & highs it's a good fit for, especially anything EDM but it handles suprisingly well acoustic music and female vocals in particular too for a bass emphasized headphone. Has excellent bass quantity vs quality/control ratio, balanced midbass vs subbass presence, zero audible resonances/ringing throughout whole mid and highrange, that's its key strength what I in particular appriciate it for.

Not for people who are in particular looking for airy highs & large soundstage and focus on separation but for people who are looking for a fun, engaging more intimate listening. Amp is a requirement IMO, otherwise midrange sacrifices too much and is a bit too hollow sounding while it isn't if amped.

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #7 of 9
Ive bought some of the seller there not fakes, look at his feedback anyway, These are the hands down best headphones ive yet to try for dubstep/ hip hop/ electronic,
The bass literally no ******** shakes the headphones, your ears actually vibrate lol and the highs are fantastic aswell.

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Ive bought some of the seller there not fakes, look at his feedback anyway, These are the hands down best headphones ive yet to try for dubstep/ hip hop/ electronic,
The bass literally no ******** shakes the headphones, your ears actually vibrate lol and the highs are fantastic aswell.

If you aren't amping them yet I'd really try that as well then you will be even more convinced, for me it's personally just "pretty good/okay" without amp but with digiZoid ZO I love how especially the midrange gets a lot more fuller and forward sounding like it's stepping slightly from the background to the front. The bass is also even more punchier but also sounds more controlled if amped as well.

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 9
Im using them with a 5.1 yamaha amp they have plenty of drive for any headphone, The bass is just unreal with the clarity u get, I had the fisher audio fa-011 before these, they had great bass, really good mids which these lack but highs and bass these thing are great, and for £59.99, There such a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back