Bicycle-Fi!
Jun 26, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #526 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when you guys say 'racing', do you mean you actually participate in races? or do you mean race down the road?

Actually participate in a race.
But I'll also race down the road when I'm out training with my mates.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #527 of 4,419
bike1.jpg

Ultegra shifters rest is 105 cept the crank is R600. Have 105 Pedals on the way.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #528 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bike1.jpg

Ultegra shifters rest is 105 cept the crank is R600. Have 105 Pedals on the way.

kind of funny, my first "real" bike was a Specialized Hardrock and my favorite car I've owned is a '97 Miata M edition, British racing green, leather, wood grain with speakers in the headrests. Might not've been the quickest car ever, but it would take those mountain curves at incredible speeds. I found a pair of bikers goggles on the road one day, and I wore those things in my car with the top down (jackassish I know, but funny). I had a few gorgeous girls who would ride around with me and whatnot. Man that was a good couple of summers... my bike now is a Kona Blast and my car is an '06 Mazda 3. Blah... at least I have good headphones now. Is that not the saddest statement ever?

Jun 27, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #529 of 4,419
That Specialized is calling for some clip-less pedals!

Time Attacks or perhaps some Looks or Frogs.

Jun 27, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #531 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So true it looks horrible with those bundled pedals and cage. Oh you also shouldn't use large/large, or small/small (or gears that the chain is angled sideways)

And is that a plastic chainwheel guard?

The 105 Clipless are on the way. Just gotta find shoes for my stupid wide feet. Yeah no Big/Big or Small/Small i know that. Yeah that is a plastic one that came with the bike.

Also the cage I picked up for cheap thats why it looks ehhh but I dont really use the cage for water. That bottle has very concentrated Gatorade with around 65grams of sugar per 8oz for if I run into Diabetic issues when biking. I sport a Camelbak for water.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #535 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the same problem, short legs but long torso/arms. My 56 cm frame sports a 130 stem.

I got it double bad wide ass feet also make finding a bike shoe damn near impossible for under 200 USD.

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #538 of 4,419
My rides:

Bikes014.jpg

2005 Kona Kula Primo (Scandium), Crossmax UST Wheels, Manitou R7 Platinum Fork, XT Crank and Bottom Bracket, XTR derailleurs, Brakes & Pedals, Thomson Stem and Seatpost, Fizik Saddle, Ritchey WCS Carbon Handlebar, Chris King Headset, SRAM Rocket Shifters, SRAM PG-970 Cassette. Built by me, actual weight is 23 lbs.

Bikes024.jpg

2007 Vellum Equilibrium (High Modulus full Monocoque Carbon Fibre), Dura-Ace Tubeless Wheels, Dura-Ace Ti Freewheel, Easton EC90 SLX Fork, Easton EC90 Seatpost, SRAM Red Crank with Ceramic Bottom Bracket, SRAM Force Brakes, Shifters & Derailleurs, Thomson Stem, Ritchey WCS Handlebars, Look KEO Carbon Pedals. Built by me, actual weight is 16 lbs with the chunky saddle.

Bikes026.jpg

1971 Fiorelli Campionissimo (Columbus Steel), Stronglight Crank, Campy Nuovo Record Derailleurs, Seatpost & Shifters, Full Dura-Ace Brakes (circa early-80's), TTT Bar and Stem, Fiamme Red Label Tubular Rims with Record Hubs, also Wolber Super Champion Clincher Rims with Suntour Superbe Hubs, Bontrager XXX Race Lite Saddle. I bought this bike from a 70+ year-old British man who used to race professionally. He built this bike when he was in his prime. It's a classic, and is still a fast ride. When I bought it, I fully disassembled it and cleaned everything on this bike, and metal polish brought all the chrome and wheels back to their original condition.

Bikes035.jpg

Mid-90's Giant Cadex CFM 3 (Carbon Fibre Main Tubes bonded to Aluminum Lugs with Alumininum Seat and Chainstays), STX Crank and Derailleurs, XTR Brakes, XT hubs with Mavic 517 Rims, Marzocchi MX Comp Fork, Syncros Stem, Titanium Bar. A nice, early example of a Carbon Fibre mountain bike. This is ridden exclusively on road, snow and ice now due to fears of the bonded aluminum lugs coming free from the carbon fibre tubes. Usually outfitted with Continental studded tires to deal with the harsh Canadian winter, this is a blast to ride down the Rideau Canal. When I bought this, the original fork was broken and the drivetrain was covered with years of thick grease. I disassembled it, made some upgrades and fully cleaned everything.

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #539 of 4,419
I'm sorta ashamed to post what I'm riding now.
I had a Richard Sachs and a Gary Fisher Montare from the early 90's.
Both found in the pages of the Velo News classifieds.
I'm now riding a Gekko folding bike, SS, 12 inch wheels and 32 lbs.
(see bad reviews from the folding snobs if you google it)
it gets me to where I'm going slowly but surely and I've lost 20 lbs so far.
Good to see all these pics of bikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back