Bicycle-Fi!
Jul 7, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #556 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Take a closer look at the photo. Behind my Cinelli is my track bike which I've ridden almost exclusively for nearly 7 years.

in the member's lounge, i made a fool of myself last night. i have done it here too. the root of the evil? my jinro - it is now a day later and my head still hurts. i am sorry for not seeing the track bike. you are out of the firing range

but, hipsters or not, i don't get it anyway. why they have to be singled out for people to dislike. they are on a bike and that is all that matters. at least they are not gumming up the sidewalk like a bunch of others or in a car like most. if it is only fashion to them, what is the problem?

at least they have fashion!

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #557 of 4,419
I bought a Trek 7.3 FX recently. I really love it. I have since exchanged the blue helmet for a grey one to match better. What do you guys think of the bike?

113692987.jpg

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #559 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttleboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a Trek 7.3 FX recently. I really love it. I have since exchanged the blue helmet for a grey one to match better. What do you guys think of the bike?

113692987.jpg

Looks like a bad ass commuter!

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #560 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am seeing more and more rode bikes like this - must be nice and fast for commuting. what tyres spec are on those? all aluminium bikes give me the roids (joking).

I don't know much about them, but this is what Trek says about the tires:

Wheels:Alloy front hub, Shimano RM30 rear hub; Bontrager Nebula, 32-hole rims
Tires:Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase, 700x32c; 60tpi

Trek Bikes | Bikes | Road | 7.3 FX

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #561 of 4,419
looks like a cross between a road bike and a commuter, not quite a flat bar road bike because it doesn't have the longer reach. I don't like the feel of those types of bars, I prefer straight bars with a little bit of a bend just where the grips are.

If you plan to ride in all weather I'd look into mudguards.

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #563 of 4,419
Can someone recommend some glasses for bike riding that will just keep crap out of my eyes? I usually bike along a nice trail along a creek, and there are TONS of bugs in the evening when I go riding. I would like something with a clear lens, or maybe one of those lenses that change opacity.

Pic related: These are Rudy Project Rydons, the only glasses I've tried that fit me and don't look outlandish, but they are $200. I woud like something appreciably cheaper.

rudyproject.jpg

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #564 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttleboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone recommend some glasses for bike riding that will just keep crap out of my eyes? I usually bike along a nice trail along a creek, and there are TONS of bugs in the evening when I go riding. I would like something with a clear lens, or maybe one of those lenses that change opacity.

Pic related: These are Rudy Project Rydons, the only glasses I've tried that fit me and don't look outlandish, but they are $200. I woud like something appreciably cheaper.

rudyproject.jpg

I find automotive safety glasses work well. They are clear kinda look like that and cost 2.50-5 bux

pyramex-rendezvous-safety-glasses-black-frame.jpg

5098706.jpg

Can be found at most auto stores or Sears.

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #565 of 4,419
I'm having major trouble with the left pedal arm on my Gary Fisher mountain bike - the arm will loosen up and fall off just on a 3 mile ride. I took it into REI and the guy tightened it with a 2 foot long allen wrench, and it still is loosening up. I can't even ride to work without having to retighten a few times.

I don't know if the screw is bad or the threading on the axle is bad, but it's a major pain. Maybe some lock tight will help. Any ideas?

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #567 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having major trouble with the left pedal arm on my Gary Fisher mountain bike - the arm will loosen up and fall off just on a 3 mile ride. I took it into REI and the guy tightened it with a 2 foot long allen wrench, and it still is loosening up. I can't even ride to work without having to retighten a few times.

I don't know if the screw is bad or the threading on the axle is bad, but it's a major pain. Maybe some lock tight will help. Any ideas?

I dont think i'd use locktyte that stuff is uber strong and you would have some serious work getting that bolt out after putting that stuff on.

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #568 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did a search for you and found this:

Installing Cranks by Jobst Brandt

Problems with my crank arm! - Bike Forums

Crank Arm Bolts FALLING OUT--HELP! - Bike Forums

Hope that helps...

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #569 of 4,419
The left crank is reverse threaded. There has to be a unique problem.

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #570 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisplyr3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you referring to the left crank arm (non-sprocket side)?

Yes I am.

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The left crank is reverse threaded. There has to be a unique problem.

I havent done anything to it that would cause it to break - this first started happening after I had the bike in my dorm room during the winter. Started riding it again in the spring and the left arm just fell off.

I'm gunna bring it back to REI and ask them to take a closer look. Now I gotta spend 35 minutes taking the train to work instead of 15 minutes biking
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back