Jun 30, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #542 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wooot, Bmac! Nice Rides.
icon10.gif
beerchug.gif

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

I do have a suede Cinelli saddle for the Fiorelli, I just prefer the Bontrager.

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #545 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Goal is 1000 miles by summer ends.

impossible. you'll have that done in just a month and a bit if you are half as excited as you sound! have fun. i just turned 1000 km from doing a mere 2 rides per week since may (sudden knee pain - never had it)

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #546 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
impossible. you'll have that done in just a month and a bit if you are half as excited as you sound! have fun. i just turned 1000 km from doing a mere 2 rides per week since may (sudden knee pain - never had it)

25 miles a day would take 40 days to do. I can only ride 5 times per week. so 8 weeks. Also I am not in shape and there are not many flat areas where I am as Im in the Vally so whatever way I go there is tons of like 3% slopes for a long time or there is 7-9% slopes for a few miles. Also our roads here suck hard. But the biggest limiting factor is me being damn out of shape. In other good news I got my pedals and brakes in the mail. In other bad news I still cant find any shoes under 200. Balls.

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #547 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In other bad news I still cant find any shoes under 200. Balls.

Go check out probikekit.com. They're UK based, but offer free shipping to the US and the stuff often arrives faster than if you had ordered domestically.

I just picked up new hoops, tubes, and rubber for my Cannondale. Wheels and tires are here, but I'm still waiting on the latex tubes and veloplugs. Will post pics when everything's here.

!BUvFiiwBmk~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlyV52BKO+nhsZrQ~~_1.JPG

michelin_aircomp_latex_tube.jpg

VRFOR-1.jpg

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #552 of 4,419
I want something for recreational riding...been looking at a Specialized Stumpjumper & a Rockhopper. I like the looks of this but definitely not the color. Got any suggestions for me, for those of you in my situation? I had a Cannondale F700 w/Spins in the late 90s but didn't have a chance to ride much. Now I have a bike trail outside my apartment. Tanks folks.

Jul 6, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #553 of 4,419
i don't get all the fixie hate actually. they are quite amazing commuters especially if you frequently have to stop at lights or hop up curbs... truly great bikes. i don't usually ride one unless with my mates, but think they are great. perhaps, i don't care if they are 'trendy' or not - as long as trendsters are not driving cars, i am happy. nice to see some brakeless bikes on the road too...

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #554 of 4,419
Quote:

i don't get all the fixie hate actually. they are quite amazing commuters especially if you frequently have to stop at lights or hop up curbs... truly great bikes. i don't usually ride one unless with my mates, but think they are great. perhaps, i don't care if they are 'trendy' or not - as long as trendsters are not driving cars, i am happy. nice to see some brakeless bikes on the road too...

Take a closer look at the photo. Behind my Cinelli is my track bike which I've ridden almost exclusively for nearly 7 years.

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #555 of 4,419
Quote:

Mainly its inexperienced hipsters who don't really know how to control their brakeless fixies and end up endangering themselves and others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back