BF3 is off the HOOK!
Oct 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #61 of 81

Quote:
Battlefield got no hackers mate. It ain't COD. :) I get killed often too in BFBC2 (I lack skill).

Nope...just like kaokao this is what pisses me off the most....

Quote:
Today I was point blank behind an enemy, unloaded 100 bullets into his back, he then turns around and shoots me once with a shotgun... and i die.
mad.gif

Really pisses me off!!!

Quote:
This is why I've kind of given up on online games, they all have lag no matter what it seems. . . 

And I guess this is the reason why! Grrrr!!!!!

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #63 of 81
In the mortal words of one Allen Iverson..It's all about practice.. Some of these young/ adults that play have no jobs so they sit home all day and play this. It is just all about getting proficient with a kit like any other shooter. It is a blast..

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #64 of 81
Many say bass is not important to gaming sounds but without it the realism is not there. Guns are supposed to have a boom to them not a thud.

For games like this I highly recommend a Buttkicker or a cheaper DIY transducer setup. For me its a must have gaming accessory. Feeling the explosions is :D

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game. With all the bugs in recent games I wait a few weeks to let them fix things before I jump in. Not that my k/d ratios are that great. I usually kamikaze in to push a checkpoint or provide support. Though I have been known to slug snipe across the map when bored in BC2...

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #65 of 81
Quote:
With all the bugs in recent games I wait a few weeks to let them fix things before I jump in.

Yeah no kiddin', about half of my guild are locking up/crashing anywhere from 5 mins in to an hour in. They're all on current gen PC's too =/.

And to add insult to injury, you don't get the points if you leave/crash.
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #66 of 81

Quote:
And to add insult to injury, you don't get the points if you leave/crash.
tongue.gif

Yup!

That's always a pain in the arse! Regardless, I have managed to level up to rank 15, mainly by capturing flags. LOL!

My k/d ratio is .374!

Oct 30, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #68 of 81
Why don't you guys play together? Lol. I ahem* played a 'copy' of bfbc2. It was great. Wanna get a Head-fi pewpew going? =/
We all have the positional advantage.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Our mics likely will also be of super high quality.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 30, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #69 of 81
You guys are all welcome on my clans server.. =SOC= 24/7 TriCity Meatgrinder.  64 man, 3 infantry maps. Sienne, metro, grand bazar.  These are the funnest non heli/ jet maps to ruin your day.. Look for (SOC) Cr3m. That would be me.. If you guys want to get good you have to play on these maps and get good. Meatgrinder like it sounds. A lot of mayhem and fun.. Just throw =SOC= on filters with Conquest checked off and you guys will find the server. .Look forward to playing with you all. If you see me play just mention that your from headfi and I will gladly join up with your squad.

One tip, I noticed that once you get around rank 20 is when the fun begins.. By then you should be good at one kit or another..

2nd tip, I know many make a big deal about graphics looking good n such.. Turn your graphic settings to low. This will give you the best possible frame rates.. Smooth gameplay > graphics every time for online shooting...This can mean the difference between you killing someone in a draw situation vs you getting killed..Most guys will need at least 50-60 frames a second to run your games online smoothly..Anything over 60 frames on a 60hz monitor is smooth. Try n use MSI afterburner or EVGA precision app to see your frames in game..You guys will be surprised how much smoother gameplay  counts while playing online especially in a packed 64 man server. Every frame counts.

Oct 31, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #70 of 81
I've been playing on and off (currently only rank 8) but have enjoying the multiplayer immensely. I love the new infrared scope (used along with lasersight). I really hate ppl with mortars - they just camp near spawn and spam shells.

Does anyone play on hardcore servers (I play only on hardcore ones)? If so, do you notice that your health regens? Or perhaps it doesn't but your vision returns to normal as opposed to BFBC2, where your vision stays hindered with blood on screen (vision is typically an indicator of how much health you have left).

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #71 of 81
I liked the campaign.  I thought the graphics were really nice, even though I'm playing through a HD4850 card on my 1080p, and the audio is top notch - the best I've ever heard in a game.  I kept finding myself saying that this is how COD should have been as it just oozed quality and detail.  I really thought that the game was pushing my HD600's close to its limits.

Nov 4, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #72 of 81
Funny bit of story. I start this thread in getting the headfi BF3 players to join up on my clans server.. LFF joins up and he ends up on the opposite side and I had no idea he joined..I end up shooting him in the back twice and he quits. So I feel bad. @ LFF. Let me tell you a bit of history about my clan.. Everyone on my clan =SOC= is hard core..We have some of the best BF players of all time in our clan so when you do join up playing with us you gotta get ready for the mayhem. That is why we call our server  TriCity Meatgrinder. It is just mayhem from beginning to end.  

Our clan dates back from BF2 and we are known to have some crazy servers. So be wary when joining up.. Everyone can add me to your buddy list... Look for me under Cr3m.

I can tell you guys ranking up is completely worth getting the better guns later on. If you notice why higher ranking guys end up with the most kills most of the time, I think it has something to do with the better weapons as well as the experience.. Keep at it and you will get much better over time.

Nov 4, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #73 of 81
Now that Newegg finally got my copy to me, I've been having lots of fun with BF3. Though I think I need lots more practice before taking on a hardcore server like yours, Dsnuts.  Still only rank 3 at the moment, but moving up steadily.  It's going to take a while for me to get up to speed though - haven't had a computer capable of running a modern online fps in a long time.

Quote:
2nd tip, I know many make a big deal about graphics looking good n such.. Turn your graphic settings to low. This will give you the best possible frame rates.. Smooth gameplay > graphics every time for online shooting...This can mean the difference between you killing someone in a draw situation vs you getting killed..Most guys will need at least 50-60 frames a second to run your games online smoothly..Anything over 60 frames on a 60hz monitor is smooth. Try n use MSI afterburner or EVGA precision app to see your frames in game..You guys will be surprised how much smoother gameplay  counts while playing online especially in a packed 64 man server. Every frame counts.

If at all possible, keep your view distance at max though.  Nothing like getting shot by someone you can't see because they're too far away...

Nov 4, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #74 of 81
Picked up my copy (Xbox360 version) yesterday...it's off the hook!

If you guys are on the Xbox network, look me up...same username.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back