BF3 is off the HOOK!
Oct 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #31 of 81
I'm running it fine on Ultra with a single 5870. Xfire just breaks the game completely, not surprising. Though the LAGG, it's unplayable for me. I've had it since day one and I've only managed to finish maybe 3 games. Otherwise I get kicked out, or it's lagging so bad it's pointless to play. Soo aggravating, tried reinstalling ect ect, and still the same. Other games work fine though :/

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #32 of 81
One pointer that I found out about the random crashes and freeze issues.. I don't know if this will help you guys but once you get all of your drivers and such in order try n do a complete HD defrag.. Fragmented HDs will only add to the freeze/ random boots..After I took the time to do a defrag I noticed much less of this issue. I can now play several hours without boot outs or any type of freeze.

Considering  all these are betas... origion, BF3, Nvidia drivers..= freeze, boots.. less defragmentation the better me thinks. Try n join less ping servers . This will help with the lag a bit.

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #37 of 81
Seems like it's going to be a top notch release. Been having some fun on beta, only rank 12 but having a blast. Running on medium settings with my i7 920, 4890 system. I will be upgrading to the new 7XXX series or 2 X 2gb 6950 in the near future, which should allow me close to ultra settings. Can't wait!

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #39 of 81
LOL.!! Ya the first time I actually saw the stretchy neck phenomenon it was a team mate trying to get through a window in one of the tunnels. His neck was about as long as his torso. Kinda reminded me of the alien in the THING. hahaha.  I have been killed from a random guys that was prone on the floor his legs bent over gun in the air.. They don't look like they are alive because of this glitch but they are indeed.

I hope only in this beta. I hope.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #40 of 81

Quote:
I'm just going to leave this here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RJx8Ruhcuo&hd=1

OMG that made me laugh so hard. That was amusing.

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #41 of 81

Quote:
i changed more graphic settings than any thing. The directional sound by default is crazy good. I just leave it at that. I use my Titanium HD card on my PC with CMSS-3D on using my Panasonic HTF600-S the phone on my sig with velours. Like being in a modern war movie.. Explosions and death all around me.. Oh the craziness.. There was a few other headfiers that tried the beta on their consoles as well so even console guys can chime in on the experience.

Strange, I'm running a Xonar Essence ST and DT880pros and I have zero direction audio, plenty of ambient audio though. People sneak up behind me constantly.  I love the game game but I hate DICE's audio, i had the exact same problems in BC2.

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #43 of 81

Quote:
Strange, I'm running a Xonar Essence ST and DT880pros and I have zero direction audio, plenty of ambient audio though. People sneak up behind me constantly.  I love the game game but I hate DICE's audio, i had the exact same problems in BC2.

You need to try a X-Fi card with the CMSS-3D function.. I have over 2K hours on BC2 and I can tell with my eyes closed where a guy is entering the same building I am in. It is literally my 3rd eye..Audio will be even more important in the real game..BF3 can't come soon enough.

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #45 of 81

Quote:
I played a fair bit of BC2 with a X-fi gamer and AD700's, no directional audio there either, all I could hear was the tank rumbling from the other side of the map.

That don't sound right to me. My Titanium HD card with Game mode on and CMSS-3D. Is astounding. .I also have a true 5.1 surround Headphone on the tritton ATx pro and I can tell you I much prefer using something like my Samson SR850 and card over the Trittons..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back