BF3 is off the HOOK!
Sep 29, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #17 of 81
what sound settings are you guys using?

off my rokit 6 monitors i am using stereo and hi-fi, although ive heard that the war tapes setting sounds good, but im not sure what each setting does to the sound exactly

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #18 of 81
I keep getting dropped out of games. Don't think it's on my side, because I'm having no problems with anything else.

Other than that, this game is smooooooth! Can't wait for release!

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #19 of 81

Quote:
I keep getting dropped out of games. Don't think it's on my side, because I'm having no problems with anything else.

Other than that, this game is smooooooth! Can't wait for release!

I think that seems to be common. One thing I recommend.. DO a complete system defrag on your HD and it should help with smoothness and less booting out of games.. I can't speak for the ATI guys but it seems the new beta drivers that are on Nvidia web site helps out as well. Even though the older drivers work. The older drivers cause even more issues.. I did a defrag for the first time in about a month and that seem to help quite a bit.  Ya agreed about the game. I am very excited based on this Beta. I am at rank 24 already..The guns have a weighty feel to them and they mimic real guns more so than BC2.. I love the variety of scopes and add ons per weapon as well. The flashlight is a bit ridiculous though

In the subway it is blinding which makes sense, almost a bit too much but I don't know if you guys noticed how blinding it is out doors. .It is just the same which is one thing they have to tone down. Not realistic at all.

Quote:
what sound settings are you guys using?

off my rokit 6 monitors i am using stereo and hi-fi, although ive heard that the war tapes setting sounds good, but im not sure what each setting does to the sound exactly

I changed more graphic settings than any thing. The directional sound by default is crazy good. I just leave it at that. I use my Titanium HD card on my PC with CMSS-3D on using my Panasonic HTF600-S the phone on my sig with velours. Like being in a modern war movie.. Explosions and death all around me.. Oh the craziness.. There was a few other headfiers that tried the beta on their consoles as well so even console guys can chime in on the experience.

Oct 1, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #20 of 81
I "tried" to play BF3 public beta on my macbook pro. Guess what? My mbp's graphics card crashed. Yes, it crashed. That was the first time I've tried a game and the graphics card actually crash. I guess Intel vga card doesn't support Direct X 11.

Oct 1, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #21 of 81
I can say this is one game where you will need some substantial hardware.  I suppose the cheapest way to play the beta or the game would be on a console..Which is limited to 32 man servers. No DX11 and no 64 man Conquest servers..

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #22 of 81
i can run it on an ati radeon hd5470 but i have one issue. on max i get the same lag as minimum settings. Could it be that since it's a beta it will have lag.

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #23 of 81

Quote:
I can say this is one game where you will need some substantial hardware.  I suppose the cheapest way to play the beta or the game would be on a console..Which is limited to 32 man servers. No DX11 and no 64 man Conquest servers..

Yeah I got a console but playing first shooter games with auto aim ain't fun. I only play FIFA, Car racing games with mates on consoles.

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #24 of 81

Quote:
The flashlight is a bit ridiculous though  
In the subway it is blinding which makes sense, almost a bit too much but I don't know if you guys noticed how blinding it is out doors. .It is just the same which is one thing they have to tone down. Not realistic at all.

Yeah, flashlight is OP, hahaha.

Someone used it against me in the park area for the first time earlier today, all I could do was more or less shoot wildly. D:

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #27 of 81
I can run it all on High with a few Ultra's with my HD5850, i5-2500k system. Drops down to like 25fps in some places but I'm ok with that. Also protip: "Antialiasing post" seems to just make everything into a blurry mess. Leave it off.

The bugs are fantastic. Enemies bodies flying into the ceilings when you kill them never gets old. 

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #28 of 81

Quote:
I can run it all on High with a few Ultra's with my HD5850, i5-2500k system. Drops down to like 25fps in some places but I'm ok with that. Also protip: "Antialiasing post" seems to just make everything into a blurry mess. Leave it off.

The bugs are fantastic. Enemies bodies flying into the ceilings when you kill them never gets old. 

Awesome shotgun you got there. I need to get a desktop computer. 
triportsad.gif

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #29 of 81
Bf3 beta makes me want to cry sometimes. Today I was point blank behind an enemy, unloaded 100 bullets into his back, he then turns around and shoots me once with a shotgun... and i die. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back