BF3 is off the HOOK!
Sep 27, 2011 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

Dsnuts

Headphoneus Supremus
For those of you guys that are interested to hear. I just played the Beta. One rush map for the last 3 hours.
Just simply amazing. The one map is like a game unto itself. Prepare yourselves for an experience like no other. :D

Anybody else try it? Discuss here..

Sep 27, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 81
I have to finish my lab report before I can play 
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 81

Quote:
For those of you guys that are interested to hear. I just played the Beta. One rush map for the last 3 hours.
Just simply amazing. The one map is like a game unto itself. Prepare yourselves for an experience like no other.
biggrin.gif

Anybody else try it? Discuss here..

Is that the one which came with MOH?

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #5 of 81
If you got the limited edition of MOH EA should have send you a beta key to DL using their DL client. Origion.. It kinda sucks you gotta DL Origion aka EA downloader but it is there to distribute the game and their own way of DRM I suppose. It ain't a big deal but I hate having extra stuff running in games just to run them

This Beta is Very much fun. Way better than BC2 was.. I see a few 64 man servers that EA is testing for conquest but this is a great way to get players excited about the game.

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 81

Quote:
If you got the limited edition of MOH EA should have send you a beta key to DL using their DL client. Origion.. It kinda sucks you gotta DL Origion aka EA downloader but it is there to distribute the game and their own way of DRM I suppose. It ain't a big deal but I hate having extra stuff running in games just to run them

This Beta is Very much fun. Way better than BC2 was.. I see a few 64 man servers that EA is testing for conquest but this is a great way to get players excited about the game.

Ah that's good news but sadly I'm not upgrading my PC anytime soon. I can only run BFBC2 on low settings.

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 81
Haven't preordered, so will have to wait until 29th. How's the sound, it's pretty badass from the videos I've checked at least. :p

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #8 of 81
Oh yea the sound is top notch. .Directional 3D sound was done by the same team that did BC2 so you bet it is top stuff.... Get excited guys and nikp.. If there is a time to get your new card

IT IS NOW my friend.. Oh the insanity. already at Rank 7. Already amassing a nice stash of dogtags.. The Rush map starts out in and out door environment and then the next stage goes into a subway station. So nice variety of out door and indoor shooting... It is hard to win when you are attacking though.. Every game is great fun. Hit reg is perfect. I love the new prone..

Already seeing campers but that is inevitable... Too much fun. .

Oh and I will tell you guys.. If you all are using a smaller screen to play games on.. You might want to invest in at least minimum 23inch monitor.. The environments are so huge and dynamic that it will take every bit of your screen to figure out where your enemies are.. Back to playing some more.

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #9 of 81

Quote:
Oh yea the sound is top notch. .Directional 3D sound was done by the same team that did BC2 so you bet it is top stuff.... Get excited guys and nikp.. If there is a time to get your new card

IT IS NOW my friend.. Oh the insanity. already at Rank 7. Already amassing a nice stash of dogtags.. The Rush map starts out in and out door environment and then the next stage goes into a subway station. So nice variety of out door and indoor shooting... It is hard to win when you are attacking though.. Every game is great fun. Hit reg is perfect. I love the new prone..

Already seeing campers but that is inevitable... Too much fun. .

Oh and I will tell you guys.. If you all are using a smaller screen to play games on.. You might want to invest in at least minimum 23inch monitor.. The environments are so huge and dynamic that it will take every bit of your screen to figure out where your enemies are.. Back to playing some more.

You do know that rankings will start all over again on launch date, yes? Not just the card, I need a whole new PC. Anyway, BFBC2 runs okay on my macbook pro on low settings but I doubt BF3 will run on it. 

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #10 of 81
Ya but there is a mad rush to get top ranks in my clan right now.. It just fun to see how far you can get.. Got a few unlocks. The PP-2000 is a completely different gun in this game vs BC2.

Well I am playing the beta with beta nvidia drivers on my I7 Quad core clocked @ 3.8 GTX580.. 80-110fps in DX11.. Looks great. I can tell they did a complete overhaul of the frostbyte engine on this..Bigger badder better. I have a feeling the real game will run a whole heck of a lot better there are screen glitches and hick ups but for the most part.. Get to playing if you guys have aces it is a blast!!

Sep 27, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #11 of 81
Other than then the ridiculous sniper scope glare and occasional glitchyness the gameplay is pretty solid.

The UI on the other hand... Is possibly the worst thing in existence.

Haven't played much though, have to finish a lab report too >.<

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #12 of 81
Well it is the beta.. Some glitches. I got stuck underground and I couldn't move. .It looked like I was buried underneath the game. It was weird. I started shooting at enemies that was near by. It must have looked weird.. Bullets coming from the ground. Managed to kill 2 enemies until someone got smart that I was stuck in the ground..

It is a blast so far. .I have to agree about the Ui, kinda lame. Sometimes can take forever to join a game.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #13 of 81
It's a shame I won't play it. It looks awesome, but I refuse to install Origin. Steam is enough.

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #14 of 81
Loved the 2 sessions I had last night. They need to deploy more servers as there are already space issues in the early access phase. I saw a good amount of glitches (models sinking into the ground; parts of the distance flickering; screen resolution isn't scaling my monitor properly) but overall an awesome experience.

Quote:
Ya but there is a mad rush to get top ranks in my clan right now.. It just fun to see how far you can get.. Got a few unlocks. The PP-2000 is a completely different gun in this game vs BC2.

Well I am playing the beta with beta nvidia drivers on my I7 Quad core clocked @ 3.8 GTX580.. 80-110fps in DX11.. Looks great. I can tell they did a complete overhaul of the frostbyte engine on this..Bigger badder better. I have a feeling the real game will run a whole heck of a lot better there are screen glitches and hick ups but for the most part.. Get to playing if you guys have aces it is a blast!!

What resolution are you running the game @? It chokes for me @ open areas on my system (990X @ 4.6; GTX580 SLI; 2560x1600). 

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #15 of 81

Quote:
Loved the 2 sessions I had last night. They need to deploy more servers as there are already space issues in the early access phase. I saw a good amount of glitches (models sinking into the ground; parts of the distance flickering; screen resolution isn't scaling my monitor properly) but overall an awesome experience.

What resolution are you running the game @? It chokes for me @ open areas on my system (990X @ 4.6; GTX580 SLI; 2560x1600). 

very_evil_smiley.gif
 Window Mode FTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back