Beyond the Curve: Your All-Access pass to Sennheiser experts
Apr 6, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #32 of 41
They want to answer with video, that is what I learned here.

Apr 6, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #33 of 41
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Apr 6, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #34 of 41
My turn to "ask away":
Should we expect "reference tuned" headphones from Sennheiser anymore, along with/instead of more "fun" headphones or "what the market wants"?
I believe "enjoying" is not synonymous with "fun". Not all of us disregard the recording/mastering engineers' efforts to balance a recording the best possible way, using both knowledge and technology. Not all prefer more salt and pepper than ideal and already added in the mix. Maybe there is a trend now, even in some flagships, for more "drama" and "emotion". Some years ago, austere and over-analytical flagships were also very often. I am in the middle. I have learned (by Sennheiser) to value accuracy and perceived neutrality as prerequisites for the best and most musical reproduction, and now demand it from my best headphones. Is Sennheiser still loyal to that?
Maybe you can dedicate a video to accuracy vs "fun".

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #35 of 41
I think in the highest price segment Sennheiser would not be well advised to bring a model with a to much fun tonality on the market

NOMAX

PS.Let's see what they will surprise us in the future 😉

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #36 of 41
I have a DAC that 'benchmarks' very well (some of the best numbers imaginable), and it is the least musical DAC I have just about ever heard... (no soundstage depth for starters, means everything is fake vs actual sound resolving in real life).
Many engineers state that when designing a product, the first build often benchmarks perfecly, but sounds horrible for 'actual music', and then they 'tune the part' which generally means the absolute 'perfect' specs drop in objective measurements, but that the product sounds much better for the task it is built for.

In a world of yellow belt consumers who 'need to be educated' it is hard moving past 'the numbers dictate its better' styled arguments.
For me, having bought and used a handful of Sennheiser parts, every one of them has the most musical tuning, natural vocals, and a pleasantness to the sound that few other parts in the market place seem to offer.

Sennheiser sound is 'a thing', yet, we see all over the net - for example 'gamers' saying "I've never heard of this brand", "are they any good" (of course Sennheiser gaming headphones were some of the first great audio gaming headsets to exist, in a very crowded market segment no less..),..

Sadly garnering interest from 'new users' requires playing the 'spec sheet warfare game'.
Does Sennheiser have plans to split it product lines, keeping existing sound profiles and detail retrieval that matches well with proper audio kit, whilst also offering something that sells well at the local best buy that 'reads well on the box'..

basically-

Is it business as usual (build it and they will come), or, to compete and gain recognition do you have plans to make some 'fun' products that may require losing that Sennheiser 'house sound' that so many on dedicated audio enthusist sites trust in already..(?)

(cheers and good work for creating a discussion point channel- it amazes me when people coming to audio kit think that hifi/head-fi sound started with 'beats' and think Sennheiser must be 'new kids on the block'!)

well wishes with'
(Rene M.)

Apr 8, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #37 of 41
blast last htree post all same sorta question...

so, maybe same question but "tuned to deal with bright, analytical, 'spec sheet' frontends" that need to have 'extra musicality' added....

edited to call the next post 'way off the mark bro'. (I hope you were being funny) I feel we have missed each others intentions and sentiments... in case you missed my reference, my QUESTION was 'one of the last three posts', and realising I basically asked the same thing, figured it was disrespectful to not acknowledge the efforts of others'.
(@chezzer aww, cheers) all good, good guv

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #38 of 41
blast last htree post all same sorta question...

so, maybe same question but "tuned to deal with bright, analytical, 'spec sheet' frontends" that need to have 'extra musicality' added....
People came here to ask Sennheiser questions, it's not your place to answer their questions or to tell them what questions they should or shouldn't be asking and quite frankly at least they asked questions.

Apr 8, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #39 of 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Back