Beyond the Curve: Your All-Access pass to Sennheiser experts
Apr 5, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #19 of 41
Will you release an IEM tuned for folks without hearing loss? I love everything about the new IE models besides the incredibly piercing highs.

Could you demonstrate one example of a headphone quantifiably better (in any matter) than 600 or 650?
For what it’s worth I think 660S2 measures better than either of those :)

Apr 5, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #20 of 41
Will you release an IEM tuned for folks without hearing loss? I love everything about the new IE models besides the incredibly piercing highs.

For what it’s worth I think 660S2 measures better than either of those :)
Measures... but still is 'intimate'. And uses 'old' driver, with same design, with touch of brown.

Apr 5, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #21 of 41
12031298.jpg

Question about drivers in 660s1.s2 vs 580/600/650

Why did you guys change design to add a circuit board on the rear (which is more like the old 5 series vs having more symmetrical venting like hd800 and past 6 series, where the circuit board does not block part of rear driver)

It has been stated the "flow characteristics" have been improved but even on front, one of the metal support rings seems to be cut out to support the circuit board.

How does this improve the airflow? Also what technology is making the xmax more than the previous s1 and hd600 series as there is no surround.

Thank You

Apr 5, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #22 of 41
I actually really enjoy quite a few of Sennheiser's older headphones like HD540 and HD250. Would Sennheiser be willing to do a comparison of their production processes then versus their processes now for their 800 series and discuss what's changed, or what types of obstacles they would have faced producing headphones then, versus how different the obstacles they face today are?

While visiting that, some of Sennheiser's designs like HD560 Ovation and HD820 are gorgeous when seen in person, can Sennheiser discuss the inspirations behind some of their designs?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #23 of 41
Have you guys at least considered the idea of an affordable version of the HE-1? Like an HE-2?

Everybody and their grandmother agrees that the HE-1 is the finest headphone listening experience available.

If you guys ditched the over the top marble amp and sold a basic version of the headphone with less expensive materials for around 5000 to 10000 euros, you'd sell a lot IMHO.

Have you seen the build quality of the Susvara? You could totally dominate the high end planar and electrostatic market if you could bring the magic of the HE-1 in a cheaper package.

I can never even think of dropping 60000 Euros on a headphone system but I'd definitely consider 10000 based on current pricing for all the flagships.

Please? :sweat_smile:

Apr 5, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #25 of 41
Few years ago in Paris i saw Dior Homme x Sennheiser collab on the display. Didn’t have the funds to acquire and many years and many headphones, amps, dacs later it’s my biggest regret. It was color of my teams and so classy looking, ah.

Sometimes it’s not about sound, frequency response and all but just design. What i expect from Sennheiser is to come up with new flagship line that looks just as futuristic, with better everything.

You are the makers of He-1 after all. It’s your game that everyone is trying to play in, not the other way around :)

Apr 6, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #27 of 41
I would like you to give your statements regarding common audiophile believes, aka cables and audio quality, burn-in, etc.
Naw... Why? Don't isolate potential customers by embarrassing them and their beliefs. If someone thinks there are massive gains in a different cable, burn-in and whatnot...(Sell-'em the $500 cable).. Btw; I can't say enough good things about all my Sennheiser headphones... The repeatable quality is very impressive..

Apr 6, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #28 of 41
Naw... Why? Don't isolate potential customers by embarrassing them and their beliefs. If someone thinks there are massive gains in a different cable, burn-in and whatnot...(Sell-'em the $500 cable).. Btw; I can't say enough good things about all my Sennheiser headphones... The repeatable quality is very impressive..
It's not about embarassing anyone, but they must have a stance on this and I am interested in that.

Apr 6, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #29 of 41
It's not about embarassing anyone, but they must have a stance on this and I am interested in that.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-hd-660s2-thread.966685/page-61#post-17404767
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cal...and-hd-8xx-owners.967325/page-2#post-17454556

I believe Sennheiser has no intention to touch any market sensitive myths or "myths". Or irritate any costumers.

If ever one or two big industry names boldly tried to demolish the cable madness it would be spectacular and others would follow. But no one wants (to be the first) to start a war against so many " "audiophile" " cable makers.
(However, all audio engineers/designers appreciate and use physics, it's their job. Marketing is a very different matter.)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #30 of 41
They (headphone manufacturers) bundle even their expensive models with pretty ordinary cables. That, IMHO, is saying a lot :)

Cable enthusiasts / fanatics will say: they are trying to save a few bucks.
Others will say: this proves a point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back