Beyerdynamic
Sep 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #48 of 54
So, they really are based off the DT880? Thats's what I expected, but heard about the ring design & made me change my mind now I understand..The T1 seems to be far apart from many Beyer created based on your "Innovattions."

Quote:
Please don't misunderstand: The T 1 is NOT based on the DT 48! The mechanics of the T 1 are clearly based on the DT 880. The coincidence that the T 1 has a ring magnet is not on purpose, it's just the way it is. Just like I wrote on our site (under "Innovations"):

"...The transducers (drivers) are completely re-engineered and based on a neodymium ring magnet with optimized magnetic field characteristics. This combination creates a magnetic field inside the transducer which is far stronger (> 1,2 Tesla - measuring unit for magnetic flux density - with current headphones the strength of the magnetic field is < 0,65 Tesla) than in standard headphones. Because of this increased magnetic field, the voice coil is more compact but still provides a very high degree of efficiency. The membrane, consisting of a 3 layer „compound foil“, delivers an extremely precise frequency response and guarantees, in collaboration with the strong magnet, a transparent and distortion free sound."

The T 1 system something different again...it's no "New DT 48" or something like that. 

By the way, I've just updated the DT 48 E product site:
http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-48-e.html?SID=347bd0a8b3a2863f370b83b22c98246d&___store=en&___from_store=de

Concerning the Marketing of the DT 48; we will not start a marketing campaign, internet banners, posters or whatever. It's mainly a combination of exhibitions and maybe even magazine tests and believe me, there have always been proper presentations of new products. The DT 48 is a very old model, which means also it's presentation has been many, many years ago 
wink_face.gif

Thank you all for your great support for beyerdynamic!

Many warm regards,

Sep 23, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #54 of 54

Quote:
And than you are not interested anymore??...
dt880smile.png

If you start a loaner program I would take a listen to it. When I posed the question it went unanswered until I told you I was not interested. I believe if you want to sell the amp it needs to be heard and opinions given. If you decide to start a loaner program I would participate. Hoe than answers your question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back