Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Apr 5, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #2,761 of 2,937
Apr 7, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #2,762 of 2,937
Hi @ngoshawk Thanks for an excellent review of the Xelento 2nd gen. It made me really want them and hopefully I will be able to spend some time with them soon.

I have created the product in the Head Gear section. Maybe you could move your review from the 1st generation page over to the 2nd generation product page?

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/beyerdynamic-xelento-remote-2nd-generation.26420/

It seems that the two versions are different in several ways and each deserve its own product page.

Apr 7, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #2,763 of 2,937
Hi @ngoshawk Thanks for an excellent review of the Xelento 2nd gen. It made me really want them and hopefully I will be able to spend some time with them soon.

I have created the product in the Head Gear section. Maybe you could move your review from the 1st generation page over to the 2nd generation product page?

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/beyerdynamic-xelento-remote-2nd-generation.26420/

It seems that the two versions are different in several ways and each deserve its own product page.
No problem. I’ll get to it in a bit.

Cheers.

Apr 7, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #2,764 of 2,937
Apr 9, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #2,765 of 2,937
The ie900 are even more overpriced than the Xelentos so not the best example but i get what you mean. I see there is favoring german companies here and nothing wrong with that. The quality of build and the service are all great so it can justify higher price tag. I myself think that Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser are good companies even tho the tuning of most of their headphones isnt great (Moondrop is way more consistent in this area). Sennheiser havent topped its own hd600 until this day (the hd800s are great when properly EQ'd). We had to wait many years for a proper tuned iems from Sennheiser, the ie900 was the first step towards the good path, the ie600 is finally there, competing with the rest of the market. Now the ie200 which is supposed to fight with chifi budget iems, kuddos to Sennheiser. Xelentos are very nice, smooth, great bass, my favs in Beyerdynamic whole product menu.
But.. lets be honest. Neither of them can pick a fair fight against similarly priced UE Mest 2 or Thieaudio Monarch 2. These are on a completely diffetent level looking objectively. These compete with u12t, Annihilator, QDC Anole VX etc.
What im trying to say is in favor of a customer, the market should push companies to be more competitive and then the customer wins- better quality for less money.

Im sure i didnt spoil the air here as we are all adults and able to look at things objectively. Besides, the Xelentos are really fun so its hard to dislike them :wink:
So i've been reading this entire thread, from page 1 till page 185 and not because i was on the verge of buying the X2's but rather because i wanted to probe the market for a far future purchase, since my job will have me on the move quite a lot. While most of the people here were sharing their honest, subjective view on these headphones and even when comparing with other IEMs, they made sure to be polite in their description and always state that this is their subjective view, here you are, stating that the Monarch 2 are so much, objectively (from your POV) speaking, better that there isn't even a contest between the two. You behave as if your OBJECTIVE view is the gold standard in music taste although you seem to (intentionally, i might add) neglect the fact that sound and music are two topics which are incredibly subjective and down to personal preference. You seem to throw a lot of flac towards Beyer (while carefully mentioning that the X2s are your favorite from their lineup) for launching a pair of actually musical IEMs while praising (to no boundaries) your pair of Monarch 2s. Which, from what my ears can subjectively tell (yes, had them, listened to them for 3-4 months then i passed them over to the next (un)fortunate owner), they're no better than a pair of FiiO FD7. Now, do you see me going out and about on the Monarch 2 thread, trying my damn best to convince people to NOT buy the M2s and switch over to FiiO? Especially given how damn attractive their package is?

I get it, you made your point once. You took care to specify that you do not wish to "spoil" this thread. But you kept on going on and on like a pair of Duracell batteries. Now, my spider sense is tingling (as everyone else's should be and it's quite amazing how tolerant the people here have been, in regards to your attitude on this thread) and it's making me think that you get incentives from Thieaudio's sales of M2. Or that you are a paid actor whose sole purpose is to discredit the X2s, for being a better pair of IEMs than Monarch while asking a lower price (when you factor in taxes and VAT), a better and more comfortable fit and a much better build quality. This is my OBJECTIVE view (see what i did here?).

Sorry for the rant but your posts are like a metronome, on this thread. Whenever i got to enjoy reading various people's opinions on the X2, here comes your post with the ubiquitous "They can't pick a fair fight against the M2s, objectively speaking" which sticks out like a sore thumb.

Apr 9, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #2,766 of 2,937
So i've been reading this entire thread, from page 1 till page 185 and not because i was on the verge of buying the X2's but rather because i wanted to probe the market for a far future purchase, since my job will have me on the move quite a lot. While most of the people here were sharing their honest, subjective view on these headphones and even when comparing with other IEMs, they made sure to be polite in their description and always state that this is their subjective view, here you are, stating that the Monarch 2 are so much, objectively (from your POV) speaking, better that there isn't even a contest between the two. You behave as if your OBJECTIVE view is the gold standard in music taste although you seem to (intentionally, i might add) neglect the fact that sound and music are two topics which are incredibly subjective and down to personal preference. You seem to throw a lot of flac towards Beyer (while carefully mentioning that the X2s are your favorite from their lineup) for launching a pair of actually musical IEMs while praising (to no boundaries) your pair of Monarch 2s. Which, from what my ears can subjectively tell (yes, had them, listened to them for 3-4 months then i passed them over to the next (un)fortunate owner), they're no better than a pair of FiiO FD7. Now, do you see me going out and about on the Monarch 2 thread, trying my damn best to convince people to NOT buy the M2s and switch over to FiiO? Especially given how damn attractive their package is?

I get it, you made your point once. You took care to specify that you do not wish to "spoil" this thread. But you kept on going on and on like a pair of Duracell batteries. Now, my spider sense is tingling (as everyone else's should be and it's quite amazing how tolerant the people here have been, in regards to your attitude on this thread) and it's making me think that you get incentives from Thieaudio's sales of M2. Or that you are a paid actor whose sole purpose is to discredit the X2s, for being a better pair of IEMs than Monarch while asking a lower price (when you factor in taxes and VAT), a better and more comfortable fit and a much better build quality. This is my OBJECTIVE view (see what i did here?).

Sorry for the rant but your posts are like a metronome, on this thread. Whenever i got to enjoy reading various people's opinions on the X2, here comes your post with the ubiquitous "They can't pick a fair fight against the M2s, objectively speaking" which sticks out like a sore thumb.
Yeah the Monarch Mk2 is still objectively better for the price.

Apr 9, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #2,767 of 2,937
Yeah the Monarch Mk2 is still objectively better for the price.
And I'm breaking silence....
And you still appear to be shilling both here and all kinds of other threads. Please take your Mk2 love to the appropriate forum.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #2,769 of 2,937
And I'm breaking silence....
And you still appear to be shilling both here and all kinds of other threads. Please take your Mk2 love to the appropriate forum.
Well i will post my thoughts wherever I want. Also i posted this a couple months ago and didn't write anything more since then, someone reffered to my post today, so i replied.
If you feel offended or discomforted by someone's post about earphones, then i think you have a problem. These are just iems, it's not the most important thing in the world.
He replied, i replied and we are still all good and the Earth spins like yesterday.

Apr 15, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #2,771 of 2,937
PSA - please be careful when using the Xelento 2 cables with other earphones/headphones! The new design adds an extra ring to the middle (see first image, left socket) which could damage female mmcx sockets if they look like those in the second image (the extra ring reduces clearance and won't allow the two sockets to pair properly).

1681605512720.png
1681606939526.png

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #2,772 of 2,937
Anyone compared the xelento v2 to the ie600? I had the first exelento, some years ago. I regret i sold it. It was fun and musical. I just sold my ie600. They where good. But maybe an little boring and dry sounding

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #2,773 of 2,937
Anyone compared the xelento v2 to the ie600? I had the first exelento, some years ago. I regret i sold it. It was fun and musical. I just sold my ie600. They where good. But maybe an little boring and dry sounding
Yes, I owned both and still have the IE600. Decided to sell the Xelento 2 in favour of the IE600. Not because one is necessarily better than the other but for me the IE600 were a much better bang for the buck. Got the IE600 for 549€ whereas the Xelento 2 were 899€. The Sennheiser are more detailed in the highs, have more sparkle and are otherwise relatively "neutral" sounding (slighty bass boost but still). Can be a little fatiguing depending on the tips and especially the recording. The Beyer are more laid back and warmer sounding with also good detail but less so than the IE600. Depends on what you prefer as a sound signature, really. Both are very good but the Beyer to me definititely were not 350€ better, if at all.

Apr 22, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #2,774 of 2,937
Yes, I owned both and still have the IE600. Decided to sell the Xelento 2 in favour of the IE600. Not because one is necessarily better than the other but for me the IE600 were a much better bang for the buck. Got the IE600 for 549€ whereas the Xelento 2 were 899€. The Sennheiser are more detailed in the highs, have more sparkle and are otherwise relatively "neutral" sounding (slighty bass boost but still). Can be a little fatiguing depending on the tips and especially the recording. The Beyer are more laid back and warmer sounding with also good detail but less so than the IE600. Depends on what you prefer as a sound signature, really. Both are very good but the Beyer to me definititely were not 350€ better, if at all.
Tnx for the help 😊 The price of the beyers are a real downside. I got the ie600, before they raised the price. And sold it for a decent price. I remember the original xelento, as an really musical, enganging and fun iem. Could listen to all genres, and not fatiguing. The ie600 was good also, but maybe a little more neutral sound. I guess im more into "consumer audiophile" sound, rather than audiophile sound.I recently got the meze 109 pro, and they where really good. I also own an pair of denon ah d9200. They are my endgame headphones. And i would love to have an wired endgame iem. I like that the beyers have ipx4 rating.

Apr 22, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #2,775 of 2,937
Tnx for the help 😊 The price of the beyers are a real downside. I got the ie600, before they raised the price. And sold it for a decent price. I remember the original xelento, as an really musical, enganging and fun iem. Could listen to all genres, and not fatiguing. The ie600 was good also, but maybe a little more neutral sound. I guess im more into "consumer audiophile" sound, rather than audiophile sound.I recently got the meze 109 pro, and they where really good. I also own an pair of denon ah d9200. They are my endgame headphones. And i would love to have an wired endgame iem. I like that the beyers have ipx4 rating.
I get your point. I would agree that the Xelento 2 are more "consumer audiophile" than the IE600. I love the detail and clarity of the IE600 and think they are amazing for the price I got them for. They are my "endgame" IEM for now :D That said, the stock tips and the included cable are inferior to the Xelento 2. Had to modify the stock tips and get a new cable but now they are very very good indeed. If you like Meze, have you considered their IEMs? The Rai Penta or the Advar? I've heard good things about them with regard to "consumer audiophile" tuning :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back