Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Apr 22, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #2,776 of 2,944
I have read a little about Meze Advar 😊 Looks like something i could like. But ive read that the isolation is better on the xelento. I also like the ipx4 rating on the xelento. But Advar is cheaper. Maybe someone in here, has tested both xelento and advar?

Apr 23, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #2,777 of 2,944
I took an chance, and ordered the xelento remote v2. I remember i enjoyed the original version. They where so fun and musical sounding. The ie 600 where good. But maybe technicly good, but maybe missing that enganging and musical factor of the original xelento.

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #2,780 of 2,944
Dear all, I bought the Xelento Remote 2nd on 4/24, and without a doubt, a big end for me.
The Pentaconn Nox 4.4mm I bought before, although it brings a lot of listening advantages, but the sturdy body, hanging on the ear, and paired with the Xelento petite shell, often makes me feel very uncomfortable, and made my ears hurt.
The original Pentaconn 4.4mm balance cable is the key to my upgrade. In actual use, it does improve the uncomfortable situation.
Secondly, Burn-in still needs to be carried out. Up to now, it has been about 36 hours, but it is still not enough. According to previous experience, maybe after 200-300 hours, it can be completed.

Apr 28, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #2,781 of 2,944
Got the xelento gen 2 today. What i noticed, is when i connected both iems to the cable, one of them can be turned around smoothly. But the other one is more heavy to turn around. It feels like its sand beetween the cable and iem, and not like the other one, where i dont feel anything and just smoothly and easily can turned it around. I guess this is normal? Nothing wrong with the sound though.

Apr 28, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #2,782 of 2,944
Got the xelento gen 2 today. What i noticed, is when i connected both iems to the cable, one of them can be turned around smoothly. But the other one is more heavy to turn around. It feels like its sand beetween the cable and iem, and not like the other one, where i dont feel anything and just smoothly and easily can turned it around. I guess this is normal? Nothing wrong with the sound though.
i have a few iems with mmcx connection that have tighter/looser connection on each side, not the same. should be ok, i haven't had any issues. it's typically said that mmcx connectors are less reliable than 2pin, i haven't had a single mmcx connector break on me yet. just don't swap cables 50 times per day.

Apr 28, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #2,783 of 2,944
i have a few iems with mmcx connection that have tighter/looser connection on each side, not the same. should be ok, i haven't had any issues. it's typically said that mmcx connectors are less reliable than 2pin, i haven't had a single mmcx connector break on me yet. just don't swap cables 50 times per day.
Tnx for the help. I was a bit worried. I might get an cable without the remote control later. I heard some noise/crackling on some songs. Tested the ariande grande song "7 rings" for the bass ( normaly not my cup of tea :p ), and it was some distortion on the right side. Maybe that driver flex, it has been talked about. Or poor recording.

Apr 28, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #2,784 of 2,944
Tnx for the help. I was a bit worried. I might get an cable without the remote control later. I heard some noise/crackling on some songs. Tested the ariande grande song "7 rings" for the bass ( normaly not my cup of tea :p ), and it was some distortion on the right side. Maybe that driver flex, it has been talked about. Or poor recording.
I have gen 1 and they're not very sensitive however they do pick up bad recording noise very easily, they're not forgiving in that regard. Not sure if same applies to gen 2 or your unit has issues. Driver flex shouldn't cause sound issues. If you don't hear additional noise and cut outs on head movement, while turning the cable and iem, connection is likely not impacting noise either.

Apr 28, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #2,785 of 2,944
I have gen 1 and they're not very sensitive however they do pick up bad recording noise very easily, they're not forgiving in that regard. Not sure if same applies to gen 2 or your unit has issues. Driver flex shouldn't cause sound issues. If you don't hear additional noise and cut outs on head movement, while turning the cable and iem, connection is likely not impacting noise either.
Tnx for reply 😊 Im going to try the same songs later, on some other iems/headphones. But i only have some mtws iems i can test on.

Apr 30, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #2,786 of 2,944
Tried the mojo2 with the xelento and my motorola g71, and the noise is gone. Tried with the 3.5mm output on the pone again, and the noise was there. So seems like its my phone thats causing noise. Im glad its not something wrong with the iems. 😅😊

May 6, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #2,788 of 2,944
Hi all
I have had the Xelento Remote 2nd gen for some weeks now and they have just impressed me right from the beginning. It made me write my impressions into a some sort of a review that those who are looking for a luxurious in-ear with BIG sound might be interested in reading:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/beyerdynamic-xelento-remote-2nd-generation.26420/reviews

52874533499_31ff6a1baa_k.jpg

May 14, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #2,790 of 2,944
After I bought a pair of airpods I’m tempted to try better iem’s
Maybe I should try these since I’m Beyerdynamic fan.
Already own too much gear.
So considering to sell both my amps and my T1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back