Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Feb 21, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #1,441 of 2,944
Replacement buds have arrived. BD mentioned being matched pairs, they had to provide the set.

They have been super throughout this situation, including the reasonable replacement cost (not disclosed).
Replacement buds have arrived. BD mentioned being matched pairs, they had to provide the set.

They have been super throughout this situation, including the reasonable replacement cost (not disclosed).
No reason to hide the cost, it only cost USD 6.4 a pair, from BD official agent.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #1,442 of 2,944
Hello Is there a noticeable sound difference

• Between Balanced and unBalanced?
  • Silver Cable and Copper Cable? Which is Preferred?
Also saw a post that there is a first generation and second generation Xelento? How do I tell which Gen ?

Thanks
Yes, there is is difference IMO. I like to use the balanced cable for the Xelentos and the unbalanced for my AndromedaSS. The balanced cable gives a cleaner, more articulated sound with better separation and clarity, excellent compliment to the rumbly sound of the dynamic driver. The Andro is BA, so the unbalanced cable makes their already detailed sound much more musical and warm. The balanced cable makes my Andros sound too clinical; after all, this is music, not surgery! Copper cables generally will give you more warmth and bass, and silver more air, separation and sound stage. My favorite booth at canjam by far was Effect Audio. Their cables had a profound effect on the sound signature of my gear, with the Xelentos gaining the most benefit. After listening to all of their cables, with both IEM's, balanced and unbalanced, I settled on the Eros II+ balanced cable with the unbalanced adapter. The cable made the Xelentos come alive! With the unbalanced adapter for the Andro, the Andromedas benefited greatly, especially the mids.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #1,443 of 2,944
Yes, there is is difference IMO. I like to use the balanced cable for the Xelentos and the unbalanced for my AndromedaSS. The balanced cable gives a cleaner, more articulated sound with better separation and clarity, excellent compliment to the rumbly sound of the dynamic driver. The Andro is BA, so the unbalanced cable makes their already detailed sound much more musical and warm. The balanced cable makes my Andros sound too clinical; after all, this is music, not surgery! Copper cables generally will give you more warmth and bass, and silver more air, separation and sound stage. My favorite booth at canjam by far was Effect Audio. Their cables had a profound effect on the sound signature of my gear, with the Xelentos gaining the most benefit. After listening to all of their cables, with both IEM's, balanced and unbalanced, I settled on the Eros II+ balanced cable with the unbalanced adapter. The cable made the Xelentos come alive! With the unbalanced adapter for the Andro, the Andromedas benefited greatly, especially the mids.

Ouch that $400 cable?

Anyway Is Burn-In a thing for the Xelento?

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #1,444 of 2,944
Ouch that $400 cable?

Anyway Is Burn-In a thing for the Xelento?
The price is substantial, but believe me its worth it! Their top of the line cable goes for $1,500, and for me the Ereos II+ was the best.

Yes, dynamic driver or balanced armature, it is still a mechanism that needs to be broken in. Think of a new pair of leather shoes...

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #1,446 of 2,944
Feb 27, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #1,448 of 2,944
I purchased the Xelento Wireless and received them a couple days ago. So far my impressions are mostly positive; they sound very good (though I'm spoiled by having several other TOTL IEMs, so I'm not blown away) and the bluetooth receiver works very well, similar to the ES100 and BTR3 that I own though it doesn't have as much power; I need to turn the volume up to around 75% or more for normal listening levels. The over-ear cables don't have wire in them to shape the fit, so I prefer cables like Shure and Campfire Audio provide. One thing I'm not crazy about is the case; I spent about 10 minutes trying to get the Xelento and BT dongle in the case neatly before giving up; looking at pictures online, it seems you have to remove the eartips and disconnect the IEMs from the cable (which can't be good for longevity of the connectors) to neatly store them. I'll have to use a different case instead.

I sadly haven't had too much time to listen to them or experiment with eartips (I'm currently using SpinFits). Once I have more time, I'll share my impressions.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #1,449 of 2,944
I purchased the Xelento Wireless and received them a couple days ago. So far my impressions are mostly positive; they sound very good (though I'm spoiled by having several other TOTL IEMs, so I'm not blown away) and the bluetooth receiver works very well, similar to the ES100 and BTR3 that I own though it doesn't have as much power; I need to turn the volume up to around 75% or more for normal listening levels. The over-ear cables don't have wire in them to shape the fit, so I prefer cables like Shure and Campfire Audio provide. One thing I'm not crazy about is the case; I spent about 10 minutes trying to get the Xelento and BT dongle in the case neatly before giving up; looking at pictures online, it seems you have to remove the eartips and disconnect the IEMs from the cable (which can't be good for longevity of the connectors) to neatly store them. I'll have to use a different case instead.

I sadly haven't had too much time to listen to them or experiment with eartips (I'm currently using SpinFits). Once I have more time, I'll share my impressions.

I agree re the case, I rather use a Sennheiser case than disassemble the whole stuff twice a day...

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #1,450 of 2,944
I agree re the case, I rather use a Sennheiser case than disassemble the whole stuff twice a day...

I like the Shure EAHCASE for most IEMs. I have about 10 of them so far my IEMs, and I had a spare to use with my Xelentos. The cost less that $10 each, are very well made, and are roomy enough for most IEMs (for example, my CA Solaris fit and they are pretty damn big).

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #1,451 of 2,944

I'd be interested to hear which of your other TOTL IEMs (if any) you end up preferring to the Xelento. FWIW, the only IEM that my ears find to be any kind of significant upgrade in SQ from the Xelento is the KSE1500 (which is awesome, but unfortunately not so portable).

P.S. I'm wired only. I don't believe in Bluetooth. Well, I believe it exists,but, well, you know what I mean... :wink:

Feb 27, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #1,452 of 2,944
I'd be interested to hear which of your other TOTL IEMs (if any) you end up preferring to the Xelento. FWIW, the only IEM that my ears find to be any kind of significant upgrade in SQ from the Xelento is the KSE1500 (which is awesome, but unfortunately not so portable).

P.S. I'm wired only. I don't believe in Bluetooth. Well, I believe it exists,but, well, you know what I mean... :wink:

I couldn’t compare them yet, but the contenders are Shure SE846, CA Andromeda, CA Solaris, and Sony EX1000, which includes a variety of driver configurations.

I’ve become a fan of using Bluetooth, especially when out walking. Along with the ES100 and BTR3, I bought a FiiO Q5 to try the various popular options. Sometimes I think Bluetooth sounds nearly identical to wired (when using the same DAC) though once in a while I hear a distinct negative difference with it. I know my own subjectivity, where my perception of sound varies day to day, so I evaluate my long term experience, and overall I’ve become a fan of the convenience of Bluetooth. Hell, I love the sound of vinyl, but I haven’t listened to my turntable in 7+ years, and even rarely listen to CDs due to the convenience of MP3s.

Feb 28, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #1,453 of 2,944
6541DED8-1652-4C78-8220-D697F7D11335.jpeg Received my Xelento (First Gen) loving it! The female voice really melts my heart..

Feb 28, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #1,454 of 2,944
I have an ifi Ear Buddy so I can hook uo the Xelento to my tube amp. It came with a very nice little case that's much more convenient then the one supplied by Beyer.

How does the Bluetooth receiver compare to a BTR3? Can the Bluetooth receiver be used in wired mode over usb or 3,5mm jack?

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #1,455 of 2,944
IMG_20190228_210238.jpg
Received my Xelento (First Gen) loving it! The female voice really melts my heart..
Why didn't you get the second generation, the facial plate looks better, that being said, I also have the first generation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back