Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Sep 8, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #511 of 2,937
I'm in the market for a new iem and this one caught my eye.

A lot of things said here appeal to me but I've discovered I do like my treble especially with everything electronic (trance, goa, electronic music), film music but even commercial stuff and live orchestras and classical.

For comparison, I have an 8.2 which signature I did not like, I don't mind warmth but I would like better extended highs compared.

I have a Chord Mojo and a neutral Vorzuge Vorzamp Pure II since I will mainly use them at home.

Would these be anything for me?

There is no way for me to listen to them without buying although Thomann will accept them back after a 30 day paying trial.

I am not a basshead and generally don't care that much for "warm". Somehow, I freakin love these IEMs. They have fantastic detail and coherence that just makes everything sound alive. Will wholeheartedly recommend.

Unlike some in this thread, I do find them a little tip-picky (otherwise the sound is too warm and bassy for me), but as Ferris said, "If you have the means, I highly suggest you pick one up."

Sep 9, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #513 of 2,937
Need some help from those who has the Xelento Remote, please can you check any package, wrappers or on the item of the leather case if there is a article number in 6 figure. I want to order the case but require the article number so I'll be sure to get the correct item.

thanks

Sep 10, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #514 of 2,937
Is there something wrong with my mic cable for the xelento? The mic barely pics up my voice, I literally have to turn it and hold it almost against my mouth to pick up my voice and even then it sounds pretty bad. Is it defective?

The remote is a little weird....It works perfectly on an iphone 4S, only play/pause and mic working on the iphone 7, ipad Pro doesn't work at all, on the macbook air the volume buttons work erratically and mic seams not to work. So my guess is the cable itself is not at fault. But this implementation for apple/android universal remote seems not to be working so well.
And yes..when the mic works, it seems to be of poor quality..I often have friends not quite hearing what i am talking.

Sep 22, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #516 of 2,937
Waiting for the Xelento wireless' bluetooth cable (only) to be used with my shure se846 earbuds. The fact that it supports aptx HD as well as its MMCX connectors make it appealing to me.
Question: does the xelento cabel's mmcx connector fits standard connectors like the shure earbuds?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #517 of 2,937
From what I read throughout the forum, it seems like Xelento has a slightly wider stage and less mid bass compared to AKT8iE MK 1 but more subbass? If so, it also seems quite similar to AKT8iE MK2?

Anyone tried comparing these to more expensive IEMs like Noble Audio stuff? I'd be delighted to hear about it.

Thanks! :o2smile:

Sep 23, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #518 of 2,937
Anyone tried comparing these to more expensive IEMs like Noble Audio stuff? I'd be delighted to hear about it.
Thanks! :o2smile:

Yes - and I prefer the Xelentos to pretty much everything. (Except maybe the FLC8S. Those two are very close. Somewhat different sound signatures, but very close on overall sound quality.) There are more detailed comparisons in the review I wrote on the Xelentos:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/be...-for-mobile-devices.22337/reviews?order=likes

Sep 23, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #519 of 2,937
Sep 23, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #521 of 2,937
I'm probably a bit fickle :wink: I have a number of IEMs with which I'm happy (I like your IE800 too), but the Xelentos and the FLC8S are my favorites.

I have not heard FLC8S actually :smile_phones:

I'm glad that you like ie800 as well, they are quite good! If you have the chance to try RE-2000, they are also interesting.

Xelento is a very smooth and natural performer, going from ER4-XR to Xelento during tests has shown very interesting results, helps one appreciate each of them more, each of them for their own particular strengths.

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #522 of 2,937
The remote is a little weird....It works perfectly on an iphone 4S, only play/pause and mic working on the iphone 7, ipad Pro doesn't work at all, on the macbook air the volume buttons work erratically and mic seams not to work. So my guess is the cable itself is not at fault. But this implementation for apple/android universal remote seems not to be working so well.
And yes..when the mic works, it seems to be of poor quality..I often have friends not quite hearing what i am talking.

That is normal. It doesn't work with every iOS device, especially the old ones. Play/stop buttons works, but the volume button only works at certain times. Very weird. BTW, I find it works well with my Android devices.

I just use play/stop & mic funtions of the remote, and I am pleased with it...

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #523 of 2,937
Waiting for the Xelento wireless' bluetooth cable (only) to be used with my shure se846 earbuds. The fact that it supports aptx HD as well as its MMCX connectors make it appealing to me.
Question: does the xelento cabel's mmcx connector fits standard connectors like the shure earbuds?

Thanks
I looking forward to trying the Xelento wireless as well and to see how well it stacks with the heavy hitters like my Audeze lcdi4.

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #525 of 2,937
I just listened an hour and a half on the Xelento's brand new out of the box. They indeed are tiny and my second thought was why did it have to be a chrome finish, matt black would of been so much nicer imho.
I tried the XXL tips first but I discovered soon that of all the tips supplied the XL's suit me the best. I broke one of the XXL's already. (not used to tip rolling)
The comply's aren't bad but my initial impression was that the middle sized one damped the bass considerably for me while the smaller and the bigger one didn't seal properly, but I have to give them a second try later.
Also, with the XXL's non-comply I think they were too bright probably because of a bad seal. With the XL's I fixed that problem for me.
I'm used to deep insertion and these just rest inside your ears and with the right tip stay beautifully snug. Isolation is much worse than I'm used to indeed, but not a problem for me since I mostly listen on my terrace.

Sound is done with Ipod + Mojo + Vorzuge Pure II.

Initially coming from an 8.2 I was impressed with the stage. Pretty good and better separation compared to the 8.2 with a better sense of realism in the upper midrange.
Speed is not up to snuff with the 8.2 but it's not miles behind either, I like the bass of the Xelento better for electronics. These are two different beasts really.
For my genres my initial thought is that the Xelento is going to suit me well but I'll have to do more listening before I can call final judgment.
Still it already shows it is an incredible performer that has surprised me a couple of times already with music I know pretty well.
I'm going to enjoy this.

6suw0l.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back