Beyerdynamic Xelento!
May 20, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #301 of 2,944
i tried alot in Canjam Singapore, and i personally prefer the Xelento over the Hifiman Re-800 & Hifiman Re-2000 .

May 20, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #303 of 2,944
So much for trying the Xelento. The box arrived sealed with nothing inside but a manual.

Did you get an invisible edition Xelento? :wink:

If this is from Amazon, could it be a returned item?

May 21, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #304 of 2,944
Shipped and fulfilled by Amazon. I doubt it was a return, the xelento just launched and that was the first unit they received. Opened Xelento box and it had everything taken. Kind of makes me not wanna buy another and just buy a hifi man Re-800 instead. At least it'll be in the box when I get it.

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #305 of 2,944
Shipped and fulfilled by Amazon. I doubt it was a return, the xelento just launched and that was the first unit they received. Opened Xelento box and it had everything taken. Kind of makes me not wanna buy another and just buy a hifi man Re-800 instead. At least it'll be in the box when I get it.
It could be a return, getting a brand new box with nothing sounds fishy, the returned item could be shink wrapped and returned, and since the shink wrap is intact, amazon could think it's brand new not opened.

May 21, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #306 of 2,944
Anyone compared the xelentos to rha t20s? How is the bass and fun factor on the xelentos versus t20s? Just bought the t20s.Sounds good.But now i have seen a good price/discount on the xelentos here in norway :)

May 21, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #307 of 2,944
Couldnt resist the price discount on the xelentos.They where already a 100 dollars cheaper than an other store,and today it was also 15% discount.Right after i ordered them,the price went up again.I was so lucky that i had put them in the basket.When i checked the price later this evening,the price had went up.I was getting a little frustraited.But then i saw that i still had an item in the basket on the web shop.So got them for the cheapest price.Now im going to sell my audeze sine and b&w p9. (wasnt sure if i was going to sell the elears or p9.Love the warm,thick,bassy sound of the p9s.But i also like the sound of the elears).Just hope that i will not regret buying these.I mainly listen to electronica (often old trance from late 90s/early 2000s),rock,metal,modern music,pop,hip hop,classical,you name it :)

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #308 of 2,944
May 23, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #309 of 2,944
Looking for reviews on head-fi is so complicated now ! Anyway , i've written an impression on the Xelento ~

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...-ear-headset-for-mobile-devices.22337/reviews

Your impression is the same as mine. Xelento can change its character radically depending on source. I also tried it with QP1R, and i find that this pairing is the liveliest and produce the most energetic sounds i've ever encountered. Second liveliest is with AK players. With Onkyo, it becomes very neutral and detailed.

May 23, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #310 of 2,944
Guys, are you saying that Xelento is significantly better sounding then Shure 846? I got a good deal on Shure and I am sitting here totally amazed by the immersion and sound stage I am hearing here. From Pink Floyd to Rameses B everything is just mind-blowing. I have Beyerdynamic DT 1770Pro and Sennheiser HD600 but Shure just topped them with significant improvement.
I use LG G6 with Quad-DAC as a source.
I have tried Xelentos but could not get a good seal during the Munich High End event. Now I am really intrigued... Where can I get Xelento for ca. 750 Euro? Then I am definitely in to try them side by side with Shure.

May 23, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #311 of 2,944
Looking for reviews on head-fi is so complicated now ! Anyway , i've written an impression on the Xelento ~

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...-ear-headset-for-mobile-devices.22337/reviews

Great review looks like your description of the sound signature could fit me well.i like an warn and fun sound.Have over the years found out that a too neautral/flat sound isnt something for me.And i dont like an sound that is too warm/dark/bassy either.So yesterday i sold my p9s.They where good,but a little to dark sounding,so details was washed out.Looking forward to try the xelentos when they arrives.Had also have to sell my audeze sine to get the xelento.They sound very good,bit are uncomfortable.

May 23, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #312 of 2,944
Overall , Xelento is really good buy , it's improvements leaves you thirsty for even more energy ! Where a second hand Astell & Kern AK70 is on my list .
Great review looks like your description of the sound signature could fit me well.i like an warn and fun sound.Have over the years found out that a too neautral/flat sound isnt something for me.And i dont like an sound that is too warm/dark/bassy either.So yesterday i sold my p9s.They where good,but a little to dark sounding,so details was washed out.Looking forward to try the xelentos when they arrives.Had also have to sell my audeze sine to get the xelento.They sound very good,bit are uncomfortable.

The Xelento will sound more energetic and fun than both available iSines ! The fact that the Xelentos are closed also makes music with more intimacy :p I can't say which is better , but they sure are from different planets !

May 23, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #313 of 2,944
As one of the first owners of the Xelento, the first generation version, I really like the SQ, at first I had no interest on any IEM other than Sony, not that Sony is better, may be the SQ on the Sony is a better fit for me, I have the EX600 and EX800ST, and will get a EX1000 from Japan in december during my visit. My first consideration was the A&K T8ie and MKii version, but hearing that it's too bassy, and they have a better match with A&K DAP, and I have the Sony ZX2 and will get the WM1A, i've put on hold for a whiles until I heard the Xelento was about to be released, upon hearing the Xelento, I fell in love with it, may be the technology behind it, all my other IEM doesn't come close in SQ, although the Xelento is the most expensive IEM I have purchased, I don't regret having.

May 23, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #314 of 2,944
As one of the first owners of the Xelento, the first generation version, I really like the SQ, at first I had no interest on any IEM other than Sony, not that Sony is better, may be the SQ on the Sony is a better fit for me, I have the EX600 and EX800ST, and will get a EX1000 from Japan in december during my visit. My first consideration was the A&K T8ie and MKii version, but hearing that it's too bassy, and they have a better match with A&K DAP, and I have the Sony ZX2 and will get the WM1A, i've put on hold for a whiles until I heard the Xelento was about to be released, upon hearing the Xelento, I fell in love with it, may be the technology behind it, all my other IEM doesn't come close in SQ, although the Xelento is the most expensive IEM I have purchased, I don't regret having.

My friend sing really high praise on the EX800ST , he says it sounded more to his liking than the EX1000 , but in no way i think i can ever find somewhere to try it anymore in Singapore . I'll be heading to Japan sometime end of next month , probably if i ever stumble pass them , i would give them a try . May i have the audiophile market pricing on the EX800ST & EX1000 just for reference sake ? :D

That is true ... Among all other IEMs i own , sold , listened , nothing comes close to the Xelento . it is so difficult to describe the difference , i just call this difference "energy" . Although its the most expensive IEM i bought , my initial thoughts was that it was underpriced , but of course , we keep this to ourselves :p

May 23, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #315 of 2,944
ddI won't comment on the original price since it can be found cheaper that it's RRP, for the EX800ST you can expect about 20000yen, and a secondhand one about 15000yen, for the EX1000 you can pick one up at about 35000yen, it depends on where you look, for a test listen, you can many large stores like BIC Camera or dedicated audiophile shops.

If you do have the intention to get either one, make sure you get them from Japan, they are cheaper, and the EX1000 has been discontinued almost worldwide except Japan, and most sold online does not come with the original EX1000 cable, they have dowgraded it with the EX600 cable. The Ex800ST is a Japan only model and is tuned by hand, the international version of the Ex800ST is the EX7550, but seem like it has been discontinued and unlike the EX800ST it's not hand tuned.

Both are Made in Japan, whiles the EX800ST is smaller in size.

Since I have the first generation Xelento which was sold under Xelento wired, the price was approximate USD 750 still discounted price since it was stated at USD 980, and some shops still sell them at the high price, and it seem like the wired version has been discontinued in Hong Kong, with no known release date for the remote and wireless version, and it's slightly different in design than the Xelento remote and wireless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back