Beyerdynamic Xelento!
May 24, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #316 of 2,937
Im currently using the iFi iDSD Micro , or straight out my Sony Z5 Phone for the Xelento . Anyone knows of other players that pairs well with the Xelento ?

May 24, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #317 of 2,937
Im currently using the iFi iDSD Micro , or straight out my Sony Z5 Phone for the Xelento . Anyone knows of other players that pairs well with the Xelento ?

I can only comment on my Sony ZX2, works well, don't have the WM1A yet, but I think the Xelento pair well with most DAP, on a phone without a dedicated high end amp/DAC the volume will be a bit low, I used it on my Sony Xperia X Performance, really low volume, but work well with the LG DAC from the LG G5 connected to the Xperia X Performance and also works well with the LG V20.

May 25, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #318 of 2,937
I'm still trying to figure out the tip thing... I really like the sound with the Beyer foamies, but they don't seem to be all that durable. I tried SpinFits (my go-to tips) and Spiral Dots and both sounded just a little peaky. I think I need the foam to make the low end balance out (to my ears). I think I'd prefer a slightly deeper insertion than I get with the Beyers, too. Any ideas?

May 26, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #319 of 2,937
I'm still trying to figure out the tip thing... I really like the sound with the Beyer foamies, but they don't seem to be all that durable. I tried SpinFits (my go-to tips) and Spiral Dots and both sounded just a little peaky. I think I need the foam to make the low end balance out (to my ears). I think I'd prefer a slightly deeper insertion than I get with the Beyers, too. Any ideas?

If we take Beyer's oval tips as the default sound , The Comply would most certainly increase isolation , boost bass and cut treble peaks . The only other tip i have tried is with the RHA Dual density silicone tips , and they seem to be really in between the oval tips and comply tips in terms of isolation , bass boost and treble peak suppression . Having said this , it also opens up to me on how much the Beyerdynamic Xelento can change with every small change , which is great , this is pretty fun , now we just got to get out and play around . Maybe even stick with default everything , because the default is great !

May 26, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #320 of 2,937
Was hoping to get the xelentos this weekend,but have to wait to next weak :frowning2: So i will play a little with the rha t20s untill the beyers shows up.I think the rhas have very good isloation with the triple flangs silicon tips.Will try the comply isolation tips later today.I hope the xelentos have the same isolation as the rha`s.The T20`s sounds good.Cant wait to compare those two.The xelentos cost nearly 5 times more here in norway than the t20s,so it will be fun to see how much better the xelentos are :)

May 26, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #321 of 2,937
Was hoping to get the xelentos this weekend,but have to wait to next weak :frowning2: So i will play a little with the rha t20s untill the beyers shows up.I think the rhas have very good isloation with the triple flangs silicon tips.Will try the comply isolation tips later today.I hope the xelentos have the same isolation as the rha`s.The T20`s sounds good.Cant wait to compare those two.The xelentos cost nearly 5 times more here in norway than the t20s,so it will be fun to see how much better the xelentos are :)

Xelento's oval tips have really poor isolation , but in return , gives a spacious sound . The included Comply tips would be extremely good for isolation , but adds warmth and reduce trebles too

May 27, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #322 of 2,937

If you do have the intention to get either one, make sure you get them from Japan, they are cheaper, and the EX1000 has been discontinued almost worldwide except Japan, and most sold online does not come with the original EX1000 cable, they have dowgraded it with the EX600 cable.

haha, no joke- the cable with US distribution of ex1000 is SO flimsy, like a nice version of a $10 earbud cable... though I have to give it credit, mine is probably around 5 years old with regular use and only just now starting to exhibit signs of failure at the right angle jack

May 27, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #324 of 2,937
I had RHA T20i and they are definitely not in the same league as Xelento or Shure 846. The sound seems to be compressed and after "good" over-ear or Shure 846 you start to understand how frequency separation should really be. RHA is probably worth the money you have paid but there is clear potential for upgrade.

May 27, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #325 of 2,937
I had RHA T20i and they are definitely not in the same league as Xelento or Shure 846. The sound seems to be compressed and after "good" over-ear or Shure 846 you start to understand how frequency separation should really be. RHA is probably worth the money you have paid but there is clear potential for upgrade.

My early impressions of the t20s ( short listening) is that they sound good.But nothing more.Its a while since i had the se846,but clearly the t20s are missing something.But for casually day to day use,they are fine.How do you think the xelentos compares to the se846? :)

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #326 of 2,937
I don't have Xelento, only tried them during Munich High End event. Tried Shure there too and they were more impressive but probably due to significantly better seal with Comply foam tips. I then bought used Shure 846 (very good deal) and enjoy them very much. The only thing I can definitely say is that Xelentos were a lot more comfortable with the tips I tried. None of the Shure tips are that comfortable. I still think that with a good sealing Xelento will be more balanced and "natural" sounding then Shure 846.

May 27, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #327 of 2,937
I don't have Xelento, only tried them during Munich High End event. Tried Shure there too and they were more impressive but probably due to significantly better seal with Comply foam tips. I then bought used Shure 846 (very good deal) and enjoy them very much. The only thing I can definitely say is that Xelentos were a lot more comfortable with the tips I tried. None of the Shure tips are that comfortable. I still think that with a good sealing Xelento will be more balanced and "natural" sounding then Shure[/QUOT:)E]

I remember the se846 as an warm and deep bass iem.Hopefully the exelentos are not to neautral sounding,since i like the sound a little on the warmer side :)

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #330 of 2,937
Got the xelentos today.Had a short listening with the comply tips,and the sound is just amazing.Maybe a little little dark,but that could be the result of using the comply`s.Was using the pioneer xdp 100r.Did not try it with the mojo.The bass was exellent.Tried different genres.Rock,metal,pop,electronica and trance.And every genre shine`s.Had never known that trance music could sound so pure and detailed :D First impressions is great.They sound superb.And beats the hell out of the Rha T20`s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back