Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jan 26, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #31 of 2,937
Interesting that Xelento remote version comes with both SPC audio cable and SPC remote cable.  Including smartphone cable suggests Beyer's confidence in being able to drive these in-ear Tesla drivers even with underpowered smartphone output.  I guess will find out soon
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #32 of 2,937
  Interesting that Xelento remote version comes with both SPC audio cable and SPC remote cable.  Including smartphone cable suggests Beyer's confidence in being able to drive these in-ear Tesla drivers even with underpowered smartphone output.  I guess will find out soon
wink.gif

No problem there, I have the none remote cable, using it on my LG V20, set volume at 40-45, loud enough, compare to my Sony Ex800 and XBA 300, set to 55.

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #34 of 2,937
Excited to hear that the sq is super resolving and detailed. Anyone know how these stack up against the Noble Savant? Which is IMHO the reigning king of detail and separation.

Sorry can't comment on this, I only have the Sony XBA 3, XBA 300, EX600 and EX800 to compare with, but the Sony's are no match, will be getting the Sony EX1000, curious on how it complete.

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #35 of 2,937
I'm interest to hear comment about Beyer Xelento vs. AKG 3003 i.e Bass resolution (NOT quantity), timber from instrument on classical/jazz, etc. any AKG 3003 owner here test the Xelento?

Feb 9, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #37 of 2,937
Gotta say, I'm pretty excited to listen to these. One day soon I hope...Beyer is sending me a demo pair "as soon as they are in stock." But when will that be???

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #38 of 2,937
  Gotta say, I'm pretty excited to listen to these. One day soon I hope...Beyer is sending me a demo pair "as soon as they are in stock." But when will that be???

I actually though my Sony EX600 and EX800 are very good, having the Xelento, it's miles apart, but they are all good in their own way.

You must be joking
biggrin.gif
, only retailers get demo's.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #39 of 2,937

I actually though my Sony EX600 and EX800 are very good, having the Xelento, it's miles apart, but they are all good in their own way.

You must be joking
biggrin.gif
, only retailers get demo's.

and some reviewers too
wink.gif
  Will be interesting to put this one against the VEGA
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #40 of 2,937
You must be joking:D , only retailers get demo's.

I am a Beyer dealer. Unfortunately, they only offer loaners for about a week. We need to purchase units that we use as demos.

Feb 11, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #43 of 2,937

I am a Beyer dealer. Unfortunately, they only offer loaners for about a week. We need to purchase units that we use as demos.

How long a warranty from beyerdynamic on this new IEM?

I think it depends on the country of availablity, or it cound be 2 years for all.
The Hong Kong and China version, you get 2 years.

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #44 of 2,937
I've got them in and they are great. In person they actually look more mature than the Astell version, a fact belied by the low-quality 3D render they used in lieu of photography. As mentioned, sound is a bit more in line with 'reference' values: a bit less bass presence and highs that run flat for longer at the extremes. The AKT8iE MKII is my favourite earphone, but this is fast supplanting it.

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #45 of 2,937
I've got them in and they are great. In person they actually look more mature than the Astell version, a fact belied by the low-quality 3D render they used in lieu of photography. As mentioned, sound is a bit more in line with 'reference' values: a bit less bass presence and highs that run flat for longer at the extremes. The AKT8iE MKII is my favourite earphone, but this is fast supplanting it.

Are they the wired or wireless version, also mine came with a defective cable, it has a loose MMCX connector, even exchanged the cable twice still the same, at first it was the right side, last exchange is now on the left, i know its the cable and not the actual iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back