Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Dec 10, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #16 of 2,937
I know, I only had tested both a few days ago on a V20 for about 15 minutes, it's all I had, they offered a A1 or AZ, but it didn't have my music, the xelento sounded much more spacious, vocal very sharp and overal well balanced with some good bass when compared to my EX800ST, the AKT8IE was less spacious, had a little bass, but was slightly muffed up, but when used on a AK 240 DAP, the AKT8IE sounded much better than it did with a V20, it's not a fair opinion, but just what I think after listening to both. I guess it the AKT8IE was tuned to offer better sound for AK DAP, the store also say this.
Thanks that is helpful. I was always left wanting with the AKT8ie.

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #18 of 2,937
I really like this form factor. Tried T8iE MkII and loved the fit. From memory they didn't sound as good a my CIEMs but they are so small and comfortable. If they're going to be on sale during Christmas I might pick up a pair (either Xelento or T8iE MkII)

Dec 23, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #19 of 2,937
Are there any earphones that are comparable to this form factor? That is, anything that doesn't require deep ear insertion and that works well without foams? I know foams generally make earphones sound better but they are such a hassle.

The only thing that springs to mind are the earbuds Apple makes.

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #20 of 2,937
  Are there any earphones that are comparable to this form factor? That is, anything that doesn't require deep ear insertion and that works well without foams? I know foams generally make earphones sound better but they are such a hassle.

The only thing that springs to mind are the earbuds Apple makes.

They come with both rubber (does not insert into the ears), or use the comply ( i think thats what it's call) foam that goes into your ears, i've used the rubber one, they only fit on the outside of the ear canal, and really comfortable and don't fall out.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #21 of 2,937
I have a problem, should be getting this tmr or wirhin the next few days, has anyone compared this to the T8ie, what is the SQ like on the T8ie compared to the xelento, the t8ie is only USD 13 more, but it comes with a extra 2.5mm balanced cable.

Im sure someone tried this at CES or somewhere.

Thank

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #22 of 2,937
I finally got the Xelento today, it's the wired version, I have compared this with the AK T8ie, the price differences is only USD 13, but you get a balanced cable with the T8ie, but I decided to go for the Xelento, mainly for the sound quality.

If you want extra bass you should go for the AK T8ie, the T8ie has a stronger bass which has been tuned for AK DAP because it lack bass, if you want a much sharper clear vocal along with a balance of overall music, then you should go for the Xelento.

I will post some photos, along with some detail within the next few days.

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #23 of 2,937
  I finally got the Xelento today, it's the wired version, I have compared this with the AK T8ie, the price differences is only USD 13, but you get a balanced cable with the T8ie, but I decided to go for the Xelento, mainly for the sound quality.

If you want extra bass you should go for the AK T8ie, the T8ie has a stronger bass which has been tuned for AK DAP because it lack bass, if you want a much sharper clear vocal along with a balance of overall music, then you should go for the Xelento.

I will post some photos, along with some detail within the next few days.

Great stuff...let me go update the OP too.

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #24 of 2,937

Jan 11, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #25 of 2,937
Looks good!

Some early reports were that the xelento was water resistant, is that true?

I hope we can get further a/b with the t8ie to confirm they are the same in sound or slightly different.

kms108 how is the bass extension? How is the treble extension?

Jan 11, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #26 of 2,937
Looks good!

Some early reports were that the xelento was water resistant, is that true?

I hope we can get further a/b with the t8ie to confirm they are the same in sound or slightly different.

@kms108 how is the bass extension? How is the treble extension?

I have mention it briefly in post 22, if it's bass you want, go for the T8ie, for treble and natural balanced sound with clear vocal go for the Xelento.

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #27 of 2,937
I have mention it briefly in post 22, if it's bass you want, go for the T8ie, for treble and natural balanced sound with clear vocal go for the Xelento.

Thanks, but bass extension is not simply bass quantity. Are you saying both bass and treble extension are lacking? Let us know!

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #28 of 2,937

Thanks, but bass extension is not simply bass quantity. Are you saying both bass and treble extension are lacking? Let us know!

I'm not very good at explaining these audiophile terms, but when trying out the AK T8ie, the bass it too heavy for me, and has a hollow sound, so yes you can say it lack trble, but not bass, whiles the Xelento, bass isn't as stong, but there is treble, as the sound is crystal clear, and vocal is sharp. The Sony ZX 2 was used to test this out.

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #30 of 2,937
Has anyone used the cable of the final Lab 2 on the T8ie or Xelento, the cable is one of the few I have found that has a small MMCX head that will not ruin the looks of the Xelento, the only problem is the cost, at about USD 256.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back