Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jul 20, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #1,021 of 2,944
You might as wait for the Xelento then, the wireless one should be out soon, but the Xelento remote are pretty cheap in hong kong, just seen one week ago in MK for about HKD 6500 I think, MK underground audio mall, you know where it is, I'm sure there are many offers elsewhere.

BTW my cables was re-terminated in Japan, the plugs were also purchased in Japan.

Noted re: origin of the cables. Thanks. Actually, I have never been to, nor heard of the "underground audio mall" in Mong Kok... I will definitely have to get over there. Thanks for the tip.

Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more clear, and I incorrectly assumed that I could buy the wireless module separately if I decide that I don't need the Xelentos and use it with the AKs. I also incorrectly assumed they were already released. Oops. I've never tried bluetooth... thought it may be interesting... definitely not a priority or something I'd delay a purchase around.

Once again, thanks for the information and the patience.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #1,022 of 2,944
There has been some mentions of JH Angie compared to the Xelento, but I was wondering how it fares against the other sirens eg the Layla, Lola, Rosie and the general Jerry sound. I’m really curious on the Lola as I want a lush, warmer IEM..

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #1,023 of 2,944
Tried the mandarin ear tips yesterday,and must say that i like the spinfits better.They stay better in the ear,more comfortable and i like the sound better.But the mandarins have better isolation.But about isolation.Wich is the best ear tip for xelento when it comes to pure isolation?

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #1,024 of 2,944
The supplied comply tip.

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #1,025 of 2,944
No need to wait, I forgot I posted the details before here, here it is.

Digipower
Telephone 34264033
Open 9:30-18:00 Mon- Fri

I was able to make it out to Digipower today to pick up my covers / filters and some extra tips. Great people. If anyone needs Beyerdynamic spare parts in HKG give them a call and ask for Amor. They had a pair of Xelento Wireless there too, but no amount of talking would get him to sell them to me. The standalone cable is not available to them as a spare (yet).

Thanks again to everyone @kms108 and @Trebor1966 particularly. Much appreciated.

-Cheers

[Edited - Replaced Remote with Wireless - The distributor had the wireless version that I'd been hunting.]

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #1,026 of 2,944
I was able to make it out to Digipower today to pick up my covers / filters and some extra tips. Great people. If anyone needs Beyerdynamic spare parts in HKG give them a call and ask for Amor. They had a pair of Xelento Remotes there too, but no amount of talking would get him to sell them to me. The standalone cable is not available to them as a spare (yet).

Thanks again to everyone @kms108 and @Trebor1966 particularly. Much appreciated.

-Cheers

I'm glad you got everything sorted out, so how much did the parts cost you, if you are still after the Xelento Remote, they are still available in MK.

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #1,027 of 2,944
I'm glad you got everything sorted out, so how much did the parts cost you, if you are still after the Xelento Remote, they are still available in MK.

Thanks! 50HKD per pair for each. A bit steep, but they had them, and I needed them...

Great to know! The "big popular store" in Sim City (and the sister store in SSP) only had the wired version when I was there listening to things over the last few weeks, but it's good to know more of them are getting out into the wild. It's not a huge concern at the moment. I just got another pair of IEMs last night that fit the bill for what I was looking for nicely. I think I'll still wind up with a pair of Xelentos simply because of the sound and form factor combination. I adore the fit / size etc. If their wireless implementation sounds decent, that could push up my decision.

Aug 1, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #1,028 of 2,944
Thanks! 50HKD per pair for each. A bit steep, but they had them, and I needed them...

Great to know! The "big popular store" in Sim City (and the sister store in SSP) only had the wired version when I was there listening to things over the last few weeks, but it's good to know more of them are getting out into the wild. It's not a huge concern at the moment. I just got another pair of IEMs last night that fit the bill for what I was looking for nicely. I think I'll still wind up with a pair of Xelentos simply because of the sound and form factor combination. I adore the fit / size etc. If their wireless implementation sounds decent, that could push up my decision.
So you are saying the tips are 50hkd a pair, at first it was hkd45, and when I decided to buy a pair, they say the price was quoted wrong, but then they quoted HKD 80, probably knowing at HKD 80 they can't get rid of them.

Aug 1, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #1,029 of 2,944
So you are saying the tips are 50hkd a pair, at first it was hkd45, and when I decided to buy a pair, they say the price was quoted wrong, but then they quoted HKD 80, probably knowing at HKD 80 they can't get rid of them.

Correct. I got a total of 4 tips (2 pair) and 4 screens (2 pair). Total 200 HKD. The tips I got were the medium standard tips - part number 928100 per the invoice.

Aug 1, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #1,030 of 2,944
Then I will probably need to get a few, they are not easy to come by, do you have a invoice, can you pm it, incase they will ask my HKD 80 a pair, and HKD 50 isn't really expensive, when it's not a off the shelf accessories.

Have you tried this place, the underground mall, it's called 旺角德發商場.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #1,031 of 2,944
Then I will probably need to get a few, they are not easy to come by, do you have a invoice, can you pm it, incase they will ask my HKD 80 a pair, and HKD 50 isn't really expensive, when it's not a off the shelf accessories.

Have you tried this place, the underground mall, it's called 旺角德發商場.

I have not found the elusive underground mall yet in MK. Just cut and pasted the name into Google (don't read the language :astonished:) I know the area well, I just haven't seen the mall. Thanks for the tip on a new spot! PMed the invoice.

Edit - Call and ask for Amor. Nice young man, and he'll likely remember me. Can't imagine he'd go up on price.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #1,032 of 2,944
I have not found the elusive underground mall yet in MK. Just cut and pasted the name into Google (don't read the language :astonished:) I know the area well, I just haven't seen the mall. Thanks for the tip on a new spot! PMed the invoice.

Edit - Call and ask for Amor. Nice young man, and he'll likely remember me. Can't imagine he'd go up on price.

I know him, he's the guy in the reception, every time I called, he knows it's me, my Xelento had a problem within the first few days or so, there was a problem with the MMCX connector on the ear piece, had to exchange my set, no problem afterwards, I think I've had mine for about 1.5 years or so, if not 2 years.

On the MTR just exit the bank center mall MTR E2, go straight, pass the first road, and it's on your right.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #1,033 of 2,944

I am a little confused. The Xelento Remote are wired, with a controller and mic on the cable. Are you talking about the Xelento Wireless?

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #1,034 of 2,944
I am a little confused. The Xelento Remote are wired, with a controller and mic on the cable. Are you talking about the Xelento Wireless?

Correct. I see where I caused the confusion... Oops. When I posted previously, I wrote Remotes vs. Wireless. The distributor had the Wireless. KMS108 is correct, the Remote version can be found in a few places, and I've listened to them. I have not seen the Wireless in the wild in HKG.

Thanks for the catch!

Edited previous post.

Aug 2, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #1,035 of 2,944
What's the price "value" of the Xelento cable without the remote? I see it listed for $80-90 on ebay from China. Any opinion on that price? I'm planning to sell mine straight out from the Xelento box. Too much expenses this year. Selling a bunch of unused stuff.

Random rant: Also can't decide if I want to sell my Denon MM400. Havent really used it though one of the things I enjoy with audio is seeing my friends' reaction when they try quality equipment. Easier to convince people to try headphones than earphones :p Actually as I'm typing I realize most of them have tried it already so I think I'm going to sell it. Anyone else here enjoy having friends listen to your gear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back