Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Mar 5, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #811 of 2,937
Incidentally — I found a good solution for the issue I was having with a partially clogged earpiece filter. Brushing was NOT helping for whatever reason, and I was starting to really despair about the right side being quieter and less detailed than the left. I took the filter out and applied a few drops of peppermint oil and let that soak in, then brushed and dried the piece, and it’s 100% now.

Since Beyer doesn’t seem to offer replacements on these, I thought I’d share this tip...

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #812 of 2,937
They do offer replacement, email them direct for more information.

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #814 of 2,937
You have to email to Germany, I did that to get the carry case, I had the first generation case, that is identical to the AKT8ie and I wanted the newer version, they directed me back to Hong Kong sole agent, although they did say to me it wasn't available before I contacted Germany, the Hong Kong agent contacted me later and offered the item for HK350, they later say it's HKD580, but gave me the cheaper price, as promised, also got a spare cable, although they didn't quote a price for the filter, they say it was on the price list, may be I can phone the agent and ash the price.

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #815 of 2,937
Got the Xelento three weeks ago. It's amazing how great it sounds even just coming from my phone. I was considering the Senn IE800 (non-S version) initially until I tried both side by side. The IE800's cable worried me a lot and its length was questionable. The connection between the cable and IEM also looked flimsy. Short length + flimsy connection = bad potential of accidentally ripping it. I was also initially worried about having to run the cable over my ear, but I realized how this set-up helps with negating noise when the cable is physically touched. The mic on the Xelento is a big bonus as well especially at work. I now only need to switch my Xelento from my dac over to my phone instead of removing my headphones and switching to a different earphone with mic. Overall, I found the Xelento's build quality more appropriate especially when I'm spending $650+. I just can't get myself to trust the IE800 to last very long and decided to spend an extra $300. UGH. Three years ago I told myself I'm set with the Denon D600 and Explorer2 amp/dac. At the moment, I still can't believe I spend this much on an audio gear. I thought spending $550 on the TH-X00 Ebony was already insane, but here I am with a $940 IEM. I'll be selling Denon D600 and Denon MM400 very soon to make up for some of the costs.

In terms of sound, I'd say it's slightly more v-shaped than the IE800. In the midrange, I would say the IE800 has slight edge over the Xelento. However, the bass on the Xelento is better especially when listening to rock music. The bass hits harder and deeper. I found the Xelento to be more enjoyable.

Extra: I had the opportunity to try the Chord Mojo for half an hour. My first impression was, "Whoa, did I just hear that? I've listened to this song more than a hundred times and never heard that before". I might look into upgrading my DAC in the future, preferably something that I can plug on my phone. Right now I'm against buying DAPs since the OS on most of them looks like would go obsolete after several years.

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #816 of 2,937
Hi got thr xelento 1 month already and decided to purchase a effect leonidas. The xelentos have greater depth better layering a resolution and more air and controlled bass. But the peoblem is I keep getting sound cut when i move my head. Anyone has a problem with the mmcx connection? Dont know if I need to send back the leonidas for having lousy connectors.

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #817 of 2,937
Read within the thread, this issue has been mentioned.

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #819 of 2,937
Hi got thr xelento 1 month already and decided to purchase a effect leonidas. The xelentos have greater depth better layering a resolution and more air and controlled bass. But the peoblem is I keep getting sound cut when i move my head. Anyone has a problem with the mmcx connection? Dont know if I need to send back the leonidas for having lousy connectors.
I describe a fix for this problem in my review:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/be...ile-devices.22337/reviews?order=likes#reviews

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #820 of 2,937
:wink:Its good to have someone with direct information, stops from me searching through all the pages, kind of lazy.

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #821 of 2,937
The Xelento comes with a normal cable and a cable with remote for smartphone.
Thank you so much! Been backreading for a while lol. Will try tom and get a super fine sand paper to dothe job will post the finish project after

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #822 of 2,937
Comply tip update: While it’s true that the Comply 500 tips fit the Xelento just fine, the ones that come with the headphones are NOT the Comply 500 Isolation tips, which are the first that come up on Amazon. The USA rep suggested I try the Comply 500 Comfort tips instead, which should be coming in today... will update if it turns out those are the same as the stock. The Isolation version was much more bassy and veiling in the mids and highs than the stock tips are.

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #824 of 2,937
The tips, or the Xelento themselves? The best discount for the headphones that I’ve found is to go to a CanJam and talk to the Beyer reps there. Otherwise, I haven’t seen much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back