Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Feb 2, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #766 of 2,937
Dammit, man, why did you have to say that? Now I really want to pull out my iSine 20, which are the only IEMs that I might actually like more than the Xelento.

I loves the IEM world, and I checked out all the bigs last year at CanJam SoCal. Xelento were the ones that I heard and said “I must buy these”, even though I was already using ~$1000 IEMs (well, W60 used to be that price). There are other IEMs that are just a full, but none that have the sense of liveliness that the Xelento do (to my ears). If you’re just looking for lush sound, I’m a fan of the 1964 Ears high end customs, and of course, JH Audio Layla is gorgeous... but they also cost significantly more and are not conclusive upgrades to me.

I've excluded Audeze because iSine 20 is an open IEM and I'm looking only for closed.

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #768 of 2,937
I think I’ve given a good burn in period for the Xelentos with my Sony WM1Z. Upgraded the cables to Acoustunes 4.4mm balanced. Fantastic wall of sound. I really like the bass from DD. It doesn’t sound dark like some other DDs I’ve heard.

I’m still waiting for my LCDi4 cable to be reterminated to balanced for comparison.

So far, no pangs for the LCDi4 :) amazing for a closed back IEM @Xelentos

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #769 of 2,937
I think I’ve given a good burn in period for the Xelentos with my Sony WM1Z. Upgraded the cables to Acoustunes 4.4mm balanced. Fantastic wall of sound. I really like the bass from DD. It doesn’t sound dark like some other DDs I’ve heard.

I’m still waiting for my LCDi4 cable to be reterminated to balanced for comparison.

So far, no pangs for the LCDi4 :) amazing for a closed back IEM @Xelentos
As someone who regularly uses almost the exact setup (just swap in the Sony 4.4 cable instead), I know just what you mean. It's been over 6 months since I had my Xelento, and still loving it.

Feb 10, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #772 of 2,937
Anyone knows if the xelento have hiss when connected to a computer or phone?
Tough question, it highly depends on your source.
Xelentos have relatively low impedance, so yes, hiss can happen, although it should not be frequent with smartphones. Computer can have really crappy sound chipsets, so I wouldn't bet...

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #773 of 2,937
I just emailed Beyer NA asking about a US release date for the Xelento Wireless:

Have not been following the thread so sorry for the dumb question:

Would one be able to turn the regular Xelento into the wireless version, by pairing the Xelento earpieces with the Beyer's wireless cable? If yes, do you know if Beyer has plan to sell the wireless cable by itself?

Also, wouldn't any Bluetooth cable work?

Feb 13, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #774 of 2,937

Would one be able to turn the regular Xelento into the wireless version, by pairing the Xelento earpieces with the Beyer's wireless cable? If yes, do you know if Beyer has plan to sell the wireless cable by itself?

Hi I was in the market for a pair of Xelento wireless IE's, but after waiting 6 months after is supposed launch (and unable to get any confirmation from beyerdynamic about it's eventual launch date), I took the plunge and brought a pair of Xelento Remotes.

My reasoning was that the cables are removable and I checked with the UK distributor whether the remote and non remote cables are available as spares (they are). So on that basis I am fairly confident when the wireless finally turn up I will be able to get the wireless cable as a spare.

Would be nice if the delay in launching was due to a wait to get the new Qualcomm low power Bluetooth chipset with much better battery life (I am forever the optimist)

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #775 of 2,937

I don't know an ETA for the Xelento Wireless and haven't seen any plans for Beyer to sell the wireless cable separately. But if you really want to lower the sound quality of your Xelentos, substantially raise the noise floor, have a cable/connector that can run out of charge and will regularly give you drop-outs, you don't need to wait! :wink: Because you're right - any bluetooth wireless cable/connector would work. The AK XB10 and Bluewave Get both support aptX and aptX HD:

https://www.amazon.com/Astell-Kern-Portable-Bluetooth-Amplifier/dp/B01M0PDYF4/
https://www.bluewaveaudio.ca/product-category/products/?v=7516fd43adaa

Read into this what you will - but both these products have been reduced in price substantially (both now < $100), despite having not been on the market for very long. IMHO, BT would be a tragic imposition on one of the best-sounding IEMs out there, but to each his/her own.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feb 14, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #776 of 2,937
I don't know an ETA for the Xelento Wireless and haven't seen any plans for Beyer to sell the wireless cable separately. But if you really want to lower the sound quality of your Xelentos, substantially raise the noise floor, have a cable/connector that can run out of charge and will regularly give you drop-outs, you don't need to wait! :wink: Because you're right - any bluetooth wireless cable/connector would work. The AK XB10 and Bluewave Get both support aptX and aptX HD:

Read into this what you will - but both these products have been reduced in price substantially (both now < $100), despite having not been on the market for very long. IMHO, BT would be a tragic imposition on one of the best-sounding IEMs out there, but to each his/her own.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Getting a flagship like Xelento to be wireless is a challenge, and if Beyer does it , I trust they'll make an awesome job, but otherwise, I'd really want Xelento connected to the best source I have, like say Opus #2, FiiO X7mkii, DX200, etc.

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #777 of 2,937

True. But the personalization offered by the accompanying app is intriguing.

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #778 of 2,937
Tried the Xelento yesterday along with IE800. For me, Xelento's overall sound is an upgrade. Almost bought it, but Yodobashi Kyoto here in Japan won't price match. Might visit a different shop in Osaka to get it for hopefully less than 850USD.

P.s. Forgot to mention that I emailed BD to double check whether that store (http://www.heylisten.jp/html/company.html) is an authorized dealer since it didn't show up in their dealer list.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #779 of 2,937
I saw Xelento wireless made a showing at CES 2018. Did anybody happen to see or hear if they had been updated to USB-C in addition to the Mimi hearing technology update?

Anybody happen to know if USB-C is used vs micro? I've been scouring the web for info after can jam NYC, even just looking at pictures, and haven't been able to figure it out yet. I'm really hoping for C, as everything else I have has been switched over at this point.

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #780 of 2,937
Micro USB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back